So how's the Spidey Superbit?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 7 Jun 2004, 05:01 am »
I know Bubba's been bellyaching about the compression artifacts of the original release since day one!  :lol:  So how's the SB?  I almost bought it, but I decided I'd hold off a little while til I heard how it looks (although SB discs almost always do rock).

Any opinions?

Ears

« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2004, 04:50 am »
The detailed parts of the original look slightly sharper and there are less artifacts.

The dts sound is a slight improvement also imho.

Greg

bob82274

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2004, 05:22 am »
Hasn't he had the Japanese SuperBit for along time?  Anyway its good for us normal folk.  I certainly wouldn't mind having a region free player but it would have to be a substantial improvement over my current player for me to replace it.

bubba966

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2004, 05:46 am »
Quote from: bob82274
Hasn't he had the Japanese SuperBit for along time?

Does October of last year count as a long time?... :wink:  :lol:

Yeah, I'm happy with my Japanese SB copy of Spidey. Not as big of an improvement as I'd hoped. But it's better now, and liveable when the origianl release wasn't IMO.

And I'd imagine that the US copy is identical disc/content wise.

Bob, don't recall what you're using as a DVDP at the moment. Is the one you're currently using region modable?

It's quite excellent to have a region free/Macrovision free/UOP free deck. I'm very happy with the mods I performed on my deck. I just wish that I wasn't one of the first (if not the first) people on the planet to mod an AX10 like that... :(

bob82274

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2004, 10:04 pm »
I can't remember if it is or not.  I think I checked once and it would have cost like $200 or something large like that (not easily done).  I am using a cheap 2 year old Toshiba.  What had happened was my old DVD player died, I needed one quick and my financial situation was not nearly as nice as it is now.  Quite frankly it sucks.

I'll probably buy a new one when ever a purchase a new TV.  When ever that is.

Woodsea

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jun 2004, 01:29 am »
Looked pretty good on my apartment buildings 7 foot projector!  Got my daughter hooked, guess my 5 year old will be coming with my to spidey2