GR Research Sub Boxes For Sale

Cheeseboy

Re: GR Research Sub Box?
« Reply #20 on: 14 Sep 2012, 08:23 pm »
Could you pm me a price for setting the box up for a grill and making the grill with cloth?

Of course the jparkher logo on the grill!

Jipillow

« Reply #21 on: 2 Oct 2012, 02:46 am »
Are any of these still available?

Danny Richie

« Reply #22 on: 3 Oct 2012, 04:14 pm »
Are any of these still available?

Welcome to AC.

jparkhur

« Reply #23 on: 3 Oct 2012, 04:16 pm »
It appears there will be a production run of these in the near future.  Most likely all prior to Thanksgiving.  I'll let you guys know.

JP

Jipillow

« Reply #24 on: 3 Oct 2012, 10:37 pm »
Welcome to AC.

Thank you. I have actually been watching the site and forums for a while just never posting until now. I have been impressed with the passion about these speakers and at how active you are in this forum.

Jipillow

« Reply #25 on: 3 Oct 2012, 10:51 pm »
It appears there will be a production run of these in the near future.  Most likely all prior to Thanksgiving.  I'll let you guys know.

JP

I would love to able to secure one? I want two eventually, but i am building slowly as I save up cash.

vin69

« Reply #26 on: 4 Oct 2012, 03:35 pm »
I am eagerly waiting for 2 boxes.

Jipillow

« Reply #27 on: 4 Oct 2012, 11:47 pm »
I have been thinking about buying two boxes at the same time even though i only have enough cash to buy the driver/amp for one.

My reasons are that i want them to look alike and to be perfectly honest, its just a little bit harder to do two at once then it is one.

My concern is that if i have to leave the empty box in a closet for lets say 6 months for a worse case scenario, would damage happen to the interior? The only kind I can think of is the cabinet absorbing a lot moisture.

Would this be a problem?

Danny Richie

« Reply #28 on: 5 Oct 2012, 01:19 am »
My concern is that if i have to leave the empty box in a closet for lets say 6 months for a worse case scenario, would damage happen to the interior? The only kind I can think of is the cabinet absorbing a lot moisture.

Would this be a problem?

This would not be a problem.

bdp24

« Reply #29 on: 7 Oct 2012, 11:16 am »

JP

Any chance of you making a couple of Baltic Birch OB H-frames for 2- GR 12" in each? With double (1.5") sides and baffle? They're just simple double 14" open cavities with a common baffle running down the center, with the two drivers facing opposite directions. Finished in Matte or Satin Black. Can that be done economically? It is a real good candidate for a flat pack, actually. Where are you located?

jparkhur

« Reply #30 on: 3 Nov 2012, 04:20 pm »
Ok, the wood is here and will start assembling next week. Here is what we have.  12 single GR Research sub boxes taken from Danny's plan online.  All outside parts are 3/4 inch Baltic birch few voids if any, all internal ribs and double thick face plate are 3/4 MDF.  Price will be between 200-225 depending on totals.  I will cut amp holes when ordering as some people don't want them cut. Also, there will be either a 3/4 inch round over on all sides or a 45* knock down on all sides.  Construction will include dados and/or glued joints. Finishing is 25 dollars - your choice, shipping is from 54601.  PayPal add 3 percent or pay by check. Lbs should be 25 and LWH =  18-18-18 ish.   Email me directly.  Jon.parkhurst@mac.com

See my past boxes for examples

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #31 on: 3 Nov 2012, 10:01 pm »
Are these sealed or ported?  Do you do Danny's H-frames for servo subs?

jparkhur

« Reply #32 on: 5 Nov 2012, 05:44 pm »
These are the older ones.  New ones will be with MDF inner ribs.... 
JP

Jonathon Janusz

Re: GR Research Sub Boxes For Sale
« Reply #33 on: 6 Nov 2012, 04:35 am »
If these aren't all sold yet, I have to bump this up for a great builder!  I had a stack of these cabinets in house for a little while (very much regret having to clean house a while back before getting to use them!)  They looked great, were very well built, and JP really went out of his way to make sure everything was right for me. . . even building out cabinets twice!.  Nice to see you back in the wood shop, JP!  If I could either get off the fence about what I want to do, or be a little less nervous about my housing situation, I would be pestering you for something new. :)

Early B.

« Reply #34 on: 6 Nov 2012, 04:50 am »
Do you do Danny's H-frames for servo subs?

Yeah, I'd like to know, as well.

bdp24

« Reply #35 on: 6 Nov 2012, 08:16 am »
Make it three of us! As per Danny's recommendation (if I'm not mistaken), double baffled and walled (perhaps 3/4" MDF and 3/4" BB, to make it more economical). It would be easy to put together, and is a great candidate for a flat-pack. Or assembled, whichever would get you to do it!

jparkhur

« Reply #36 on: 6 Nov 2012, 12:50 pm »

These are sealed as per Danny's design

jparkhur

« Reply #37 on: 6 Nov 2012, 02:08 pm »
Any chance of you making a couple of Baltic Birch OB H-frames for 2- GR 12" in each? With double (1.5") sides and baffle? They're just simple double 14" open cavities with a common baffle running down the center, with the two drivers facing opposite directions. Finished in Matte or Satin Black. Can that be done economically? It is a real good candidate for a flat pack, actually. Where are you located?

I am fairly sure you have asked me this before.. I don't do this full time and is just a fun enjoyable hobby so getting out all the tools and tables is not as easy as it seams.  If it was you guys would be doing them your self.  I get it..  I am not sure what economically is..  its subjective..  I'll do this.  I am making the sub boxes and i'll see if i can throw in a couple of the dual h frames from Danny's site.  I hate flatpacks because I am anal retentive and need to make sure it all is perfect.  Also, fedex charges more on lbs than dimensions, and cost to me doesn't change that much for put together.  I just don't want someone to get a flatpack and then the one edge is off and they are pissed.  This would be the guy who has no tools and could not fix what most of us would see as a little sanding and then I am out..

jparkhur

« Reply #38 on: 6 Nov 2012, 02:08 pm »

These are sealed and H Frames are maybe in the works

jparkhur

« Reply #39 on: 6 Nov 2012, 02:11 pm »
Make it three of us! As per Danny's recommendation (if I'm not mistaken), double baffled and walled (perhaps 3/4" MDF and 3/4" BB, to make it more economical). It would be easy to put together, and is a great candidate for a flat-pack. Or assembled, whichever would get you to do it!

Yes, the front is double walled as Danny specifies.  1.5 inches thick.  I like baltic ( I know Danny has some reservations against it for vibration issues- He has said before and I get it, make outside of mdf and ribs of plywood)  I like the look of stained pieces so I use Baltic.  Yes, this is all 3/4 inch walls.  I will always suggest No Rez for the inside panels.  Jon P