Northern CA GTG

shotoons

Re: Northern CA GTG
« Reply #180 on: 20 Sep 2012, 11:31 pm »
I'll bring some beer and a bottle of white.  Can bring some mushrooms, hot peppers and chicken apple sausages.
Have a bunch of SACD/DVD-Audio discs I can bring, Coltrane, Dire Straits, Rush, Rolling Stones.  Looking forward to this.

Cliff

SoCalWJS

« Reply #181 on: 21 Sep 2012, 12:20 am »
I'll bring some beer and a bottle of white.  Can bring some mushrooms, hot peppers and chicken apple sausages.
Have a bunch of SACD/DVD-Audio discs I can bring, Coltrane, Dire Straits, Rush, Rolling Stones.  Looking forward to this.

Cliff
:o

Shrooms?

:green:

I had a friend who Q'd some marinated mushrooms on a gasser that were delicious.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #182 on: 22 Sep 2012, 09:09 pm »
T-minus 1 week and counting........

See everybody then!

Cheeseboy

« Reply #183 on: 24 Sep 2012, 05:18 am »

Anyone that wants me to purchase the Silver Oaks or TwoMey wines I need to know what you want by Tuesday.  Any one object to showtunes?  I say yes to showtunes just no Ethyl Mermon

soundofrockets

« Reply #184 on: 24 Sep 2012, 05:53 am »
U know what I want!

Cheeseboy

« Reply #185 on: 24 Sep 2012, 05:02 pm »
Yup.  Wine and more wine.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #186 on: 24 Sep 2012, 05:20 pm »
I know what I want......................

Directions  :green:

MichaelHiFi

« Reply #187 on: 24 Sep 2012, 07:34 pm »
Awright, just how drunk do we want to get?  :scratch:

I figure 9 people and a bottle apiece should do the trick, but what do I know?

I meant just 1 bottle of Stags Leap?  :icon_lol:  Yumm. Silver Oaks, did someone mention Silver Oak? Could have expected that from a "high end" crowd.  :D

Guess I'll have to counter with a bottle of Coyote from Mesa Verde Winery  :|

Cheeseboy

« Reply #188 on: 24 Sep 2012, 10:24 pm »
Yumyum.  Fermented coyote.  Goes great with a line source or an open baffle design.  Can't wait to hava taste!

soundofrockets

« Reply #189 on: 26 Sep 2012, 02:17 am »
I think I have pmed all the guests listed in post one.  If anybody was missed let me know.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #190 on: 27 Sep 2012, 04:17 pm »
Can't wait. :)

Cheeseboy

« Reply #191 on: 27 Sep 2012, 04:34 pm »
Ok it's time to report in on my progress. 

First the food:

Chicken Sausages Galore
Zucchini
Red Peppers
Green Peppers
Mild Passilla Peppers 

The shopping for this is done.  My plan was to get to the house around 11:30 to grill these up.  Put them in a container, cover them with foil and leave them in the oven at 200 degrees until we begin to arrive and need food.

I'll be bringing some Balsamic Vinager and olive oil for the fresh garden tomatoes and Basil salad with buffalo mozzarella.  Cliff, if you could bring some Whole Milk Mozzarella that would be enough.   We will pick the tomatoes and basil out of the garden.  I'm sure that Sunil has a pepper grinder as well. 

We will need cheese and crackers.  Any volunteers?  Sunil will be ordering some pizza for later.

Wine

I received the Silver Oaks wine yesterday.  I'll be bringing a Twomey Sauv Blanc, Twomey Anderson Valley Pinot,  Hanna Petite Syrah and a Dry Creek Vineyard Zinfandel.   We will be having a Venturi versus The Wine Fall shootout. 

soundofrockets

« Reply #192 on: 27 Sep 2012, 04:57 pm »
very good Steve.  all sounds great.  later today i will try to post some pixs of the room just to give an idea of whats in store.  i did receive some blu ray concerts yesterday.  so that will be fun. 

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #193 on: 27 Sep 2012, 05:00 pm »
Excellent Mr. CheeseBoy. :)
Ok it's time to report in on my progress. 

First the food:

Chicken Sausages Galore
Zucchini
Red Peppers
Green Peppers
Mild Passilla Peppers 

The shopping for this is done.  My plan was to get to the house around 11:30 to grill these up.  Put them in a container, cover them with foil and leave them in the oven at 200 degrees until we begin to arrive and need food.

I'll be bringing some Balsamic Vinager and olive oil for the fresh garden tomatoes and Basil salad with buffalo mozzarella.  Cliff, if you could bring some Whole Milk Mozzarella that would be enough.   We will pick the tomatoes and basil out of the garden.  I'm sure that Sunil has a pepper grinder as well. 

We will need cheese and crackers.  Any volunteers?  Sunil will be ordering some pizza for later.

Wine

I received the Silver Oaks wine yesterday.  I'll be bringing a Twomey Sauv Blanc, Twomey Anderson Valley Pinot,  Hanna Petite Syrah and a Dry Creek Vineyard Zinfandel.   We will be having a Venturi versus The Wine Fall shootout.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #194 on: 27 Sep 2012, 05:00 pm »
Cool.
very good Steve.  all sounds great.  later today i will try to post some pixs of the room just to give an idea of whats in store.  i did receive some blu ray concerts yesterday.  so that will be fun.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #195 on: 27 Sep 2012, 06:49 pm »
Sounds like a schedule is being put together.

Sunil - is there any chance that your current setup will still be hooked up at 1300?

I ask because I would REALLY like to hear how your XPA-1's sound hooked up to the LS-9's so I can get a "baseline" - these are the Amps I have hooked up at home to my LS-6's, and I would like a chance to see just how much difference there is switching over to Hugh's amps (or any others for that matter). I know how big of a difference some amps have made with speakers I have heard in the past - would like to do that again.

As far as food goes, I am planning on a stop before I show up and would be happy to pick some things up, I'm just not sure of what. I'm pretty basic on cheeses - no refined taste at all. Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar (NOT vintage white) makes me happy.  :thumb:

soundofrockets

« Reply #196 on: 27 Sep 2012, 07:03 pm »
my current set up is ready to go.  after we have played around with the set up we can start swapping parts and see whats the best match for these monsters !!

i am especially interested in getting some input on the LS Center more specifically its ability with deep bass. 

two channels with tubes is another area of my interest. 

SoCalWJS

« Reply #197 on: 27 Sep 2012, 07:56 pm »
my current set up is ready to go.  after we have played around with the set up we can start swapping parts and see whats the best match for these monsters !!

i am especially interested in getting some input on the LS Center more specifically its ability with deep bass. 

two channels with tubes is another area of my interest.
Sounds good - so you won't do any swapping until after 1 PMish?

(my flight gets in early, but I was thinking about driving to Davis for a bit, I lived there in my youth (68-72), and I'm feeling a little nostalgic)

I can get to your place earlier, but figure you need prep time with minimal disturbances - Steve is bad enough  :green:.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #198 on: 27 Sep 2012, 07:57 pm »
Oh yeah - I can bring OmniMic if you're interested.

Cheeseboy

« Reply #199 on: 27 Sep 2012, 10:44 pm »
In keeping things on schedule I propose that we go with the following schedule.

Two Channel
1) Current pre-amp with the Emotiva Monos.
2) Melody Tubed Pre-Amp with the Emotiva Monos. 
3) Melody Tubed Preamp with Digital Amp Company Cherry
4) Melody Tubed Preamp with the Melody Tube Amp
5) Add Melody CD Player
6) Upgrade Interconnects and speaker wire.
7) Add Subs

Break for Food and Wine Aeration Challenge

Home Theater
1)Use the existing Emotiva Amps
2) Add Lexicon 7 Channel amp
3)Add the Tubed Amps.

ALL demoes done with my mono VHS Best of DEVO tape

Imma sure that someone has more experience in these things and can offer thier insights.
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2012, 08:48 pm by Cheeseboy »