Northern CA GTG

Cheeseboy

Re: Northern CA GTG
« Reply #160 on: 17 Sep 2012, 07:11 pm »
Can someone bring a decent balanced cable?  I feel we should use the balanced outputs in a couple of applications. 

soundofrockets

« Reply #161 on: 17 Sep 2012, 07:16 pm »
steve i do have some balanced cables.  i think they are kimber cables and also some from av123.  unless somebody wants to bring some of the "high end" cables - that would be fine too.

Cheeseboy

« Reply #162 on: 17 Sep 2012, 09:48 pm »
Yes if anyone has some high end balanced cables that would be great.  Sorry Sunil I had thought we didn't have any thing balanced in the room. 

SoCalWJS

« Reply #163 on: 17 Sep 2012, 10:25 pm »
Our own line of power conditioner.
I could let you use it for a week but I'll need it for RMAF.
I's heavy though so shipping back to me will cost you some moola. :)

I'm thinking about bringing Onix Reference player XCD-50 if you guys want to hear it.
As far as balanced cables, IMHO, it's a waste unless you run a very long cable.
I only use RCA at home.
I'd love to hear your CD player! Ditto on power conditioning (now I have to go see what you have - I did not know you had them  :oops: )

SoCalWJS

« Reply #164 on: 17 Sep 2012, 10:29 pm »
Which power conditioner?  We will be spread thin on AC power and should find the best place to use this during the demos at Sunils. 
Can you leave it with me for a home use trial and I'll UPS it back to you in a week?   I have no conditioning today.  I have bad AC.

I would be up to hearing a different cd player.  Will it present itself differently than Sunils Oppo?  How so?
Can you be sure to bring a balanced cable for the pre to amp connections.  There are none in the house that I could see.. 

I'm happy with what you are bringing Hugh.  Is anyone bringing any other gear?  Michael?  SoCal?  Morgan?
I'm not planning on bringing any gear at this point - no practical way to get it on the plane  :green:

soundofrockets

« Reply #165 on: 17 Sep 2012, 10:35 pm »
Sorry Sunil I had thought we didn't have any thing balanced in the room.

well we didn't have anything that had balanced connections !! :lol:

Cheeseboy

« Reply #166 on: 18 Sep 2012, 03:07 am »
My bad.  I'll take a seat in the back for the first hour.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #167 on: 18 Sep 2012, 04:11 am »
Not in the corner? :)
My bad.  I'll take a seat in the back for the first hour.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #168 on: 19 Sep 2012, 05:30 pm »
Sunil,

Is there any decent hotel near you?

I may need to get up there late Friday so we can start early on Saturday.

Thanks,

MichaelHiFi

« Reply #169 on: 19 Sep 2012, 05:45 pm »
I've got a set of Magic Link II balanced interconnects as well as a set of DeSalvoPro2's that are rather delicate but work very well  :wink:

Cheeseboy

« Reply #170 on: 19 Sep 2012, 11:04 pm »
You mean the Absolute Sounds "Golden Ear Award" winner for 2009 and 2010 for audio interconnects under $1,000 the Magic Link 2?   I think those will do very nicely.  It would be hard to find something better than those anywhere near Fairfield. 

You da man Michael!

soundofrockets

« Reply #171 on: 20 Sep 2012, 07:04 pm »
so far i have 9 guests - please check the 1st post.  i have also invited couple of my friends.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #172 on: 20 Sep 2012, 08:22 pm »
so far i have 9 guests - please check the 1st post.  i have also invited couple of my friends.
I see my name on the list, so it's all good  :green:

I'll bring a bottle - hopefully Stag's Leap Cab

MichaelHiFi

« Reply #173 on: 20 Sep 2012, 08:40 pm »
I see my name on the list, so it's all good  :green:

I'll bring a bottle - hopefully Stag's Leap Cab

Just 1 bottle? WTF  :?

MichaelHiFi

« Reply #174 on: 20 Sep 2012, 08:42 pm »

Hum.. my dad would like to attend. He's responsible for getting me into this crazy hobby anyway and he still hears well even at 94. I'll bring him a chair and park him in a corner if that's OK  :wink:

soundofrockets

« Reply #175 on: 20 Sep 2012, 08:51 pm »
that would be great Michael if you can bring him.  just fyi.  our home entrance has 8 stair steps.  hope that it would not be a problem.

mojave

« Reply #176 on: 20 Sep 2012, 10:07 pm »
This looks like a lot of fun. For those wishing they could hear LS-6 speakers and Cherry amps but don't live in California, I am helping host the Omaha Home Theater Tour on October 27 from 11 am to 6:30 pm. On the tour are 3 dedicated home theaters, a multi-use basement theater, and my living room theater which is primarily used for two channel listening. I will have my LS-6 speakers finished by then (including No Rez, polyfil, and Platinum bypass caps). I have two Digital Amplifier Company Cherry Mono Plus amps, a single Cherry Mono, and a Cherry Jr. stereo amp. Let me know if you want to come or need more info.

MichaelHiFi

« Reply #177 on: 20 Sep 2012, 10:11 pm »
that would be great Michael if you can bring him.  just fyi.  our home entrance has 8 stair steps.  hope that it would not be a problem.

Thanks SOR, Tony (DAD) will appreciate the invite and the steps won't be a problem.  :thumb:

MichaelHiFi

« Reply #178 on: 20 Sep 2012, 10:15 pm »
This looks like a lot of fun. For those wishing they could hear LS-6 speakers and Cherry amps but don't live in California, I am helping host the Omaha Home Theater Tour on October 27 from 11 am to 6:30 pm. On the tour are 3 dedicated home theaters, a multi-use basement theater, and my living room theater which is primarily used for two channel listening. I will have my LS-6 speakers finished by then (including No Rez, polyfil, and Platinum bypass caps). I have two Digital Amplifier Company Cherry Mono Plus amps, a single Cherry Mono, and a Cherry Jr. stereo amp. Let me know if you want to come or need more info.

Thanks for the invite. You better get some time on those speakers, especially the platinum bypass caps. Been down that road..

Sounds like an amazing HT setup! Wow  :o

SoCalWJS

« Reply #179 on: 20 Sep 2012, 10:32 pm »
Just 1 bottle? WTF  :?
Awright, just how drunk do we want to get?  :scratch:

I figure 9 people and a bottle apiece should do the trick, but what do I know?