• Angel City Audio
Re: Northern CA GTG
« Reply #100 on: 11 Sep 2012, 04:19 pm »
Will do.
Hugh can you bring the AN 845 also?  I would love to see and hear it :thumb:

edoggrc51

« Reply #101 on: 11 Sep 2012, 05:31 pm »
yes.  i am talking about the Blu Ray HT demo disc.  It was put together by someone on AVS forum.
I have the disc, but sadly I will be out of town that weekend.  :(

However, I can drop off the disc with Hugh if you guys want. Lemme know.  :thumb:

soundofrockets

« Reply #102 on: 11 Sep 2012, 05:34 pm »
However, I can drop off the disc with Hugh if you guys want. Lemme know.

that would be great.  would love to test it out. 

Hugh.  i was planning on starting around 1300hrs.  If possible you can come a little early to help set up.  we will have 5-6 hours of play time

edoggrc51

« Reply #103 on: 11 Sep 2012, 05:53 pm »

Cool!

Just say when Hugh.  :thumb:

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #104 on: 11 Sep 2012, 06:11 pm »
OK,

I was debating of what day to leave SoCal to get to your house.

I'll keep you posted.

PM me your info.

Thanks,

However, I can drop off the disc with Hugh if you guys want. Lemme know.

Hugh.  i was planning on starting around 1300hrs.  If possible you can come a little early to help set up.  we will have 5-6 hours of play time

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #105 on: 11 Sep 2012, 06:12 pm »
This Sunday?
Cool!

Just say when Hugh.  :thumb:

edoggrc51

« Reply #106 on: 11 Sep 2012, 07:20 pm »
This Sunday?
Sure thing, just PM me the details (time, address) when you get a chance.

Btw, is an LS9 demo part of the deal?  :green:

Cheeseboy

« Reply #107 on: 12 Sep 2012, 03:30 am »
I've got Johnny Winter "Jonathon Dawson Winter the IIIrd" Some of the tastiest blues rock that side of the Mississippi.  Of course Depeche Mode Ultra which is arguably the best sounding disc EVER through the LSx's  :thumb: If you don't believe my, ask my wife   :shh:

Silver Oak tasting?  8)

I queued up amazon to pick up a favorite of mine Johnny Winter Live And.  I have to go look up "Ultra"  Looking forward to seeing you guys. 

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #108 on: 12 Sep 2012, 03:47 pm »
I wish I have the LS9 here for you to listen to.

I sold everything but 2 pairs and they are not ready yet.  Sorry.

You got PM.
Sure thing, just PM me the details (time, address) when you get a chance.

Btw, is an LS9 demo part of the deal?  :green:

Cheeseboy

« Reply #109 on: 12 Sep 2012, 09:59 pm »
Hugh,

Are you going to continue making the LS series?

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #110 on: 13 Sep 2012, 04:19 am »
That's the plan.

Why?
Hugh,

Are you going to continue making the LS series?

soundofrockets

« Reply #111 on: 13 Sep 2012, 06:11 am »
May be Danny can chime in.  What's next after the 9 s ?

I had requested/invited Danny as special guest of honor for the GTG, unfortunately the date don,t suit his schedule.  But u never know.  He may still show up!   His new ls center will also be on display and ready for action.

Cheeseboy

« Reply #112 on: 13 Sep 2012, 06:12 pm »
As the wine coordinator for this event I have a very special announcement.

Many of you have the same great taste in wines that you have for audio gear.  My Silver Oak Winery and thier sister company ToMey connection has offered to help us purchase thier wines at 50% off retail.

I really don't think there are finer Cabs and Pinots that we can find at low prices like these.  While I have not had the current vintage of the Napa Cab. I can tell you that Silver Oak is in my mind is one of the best cabs out there year after year.  It's pricey.  Splitting bottles of the Napa Cab. could be a good idea. 

On the ToMey side of the house a Russian River Pinot that retails at $50 for $25?  I'm all in.  I drink a ton of thier Sauv Blanc.  It is the best in my mind and kicks ass on anything coming from New Zealand or Napa.  It's summer time.  I'm going to buy some Sauv Blac for the house anyway. 

Yes they have Merlot.  The Bose of wines.  PS we will have to pay sales tax.

Go on thier web sites.  Look up the reveiws for thier current vintages.  I'll middle and bring what you want to the GTG.  Message me.

soundofrockets

« Reply #113 on: 13 Sep 2012, 06:37 pm »
thats very generous of you.  and the price is great.  while i have not had the silver oaks i have read great reviews of their cab.  and i love pinots.  we can have audio and wine tasting at the same time.  did tom accept our invitation to demo his wine fall ?? 

its gearing up to be an interesting event.  music, ultra gear, great wine and new version wine aerator !!

PS:  i will pm you what i need !!! hope that you have a big truck. 

Cheeseboy

« Reply #114 on: 13 Sep 2012, 06:53 pm »
I am so stoked.  Hugh is coming with some great gear to listen to.   I get to spend time with some really wonderful people an do what we all like to do.  Share ideas about improving our own system.  And now some killer diller chiller wines!

Does SoCal know we are strapping him to the BBQ?  He is a Green Egg Master!

Tom "Wine Fall" has not retuned my email yet.  I'm in the pool with our Silver Oaks person tonight and will get her read on which Pinot is the gotta have one.   

Cheeseboy

« Reply #115 on: 13 Sep 2012, 06:59 pm »
I'm supplying Hugh with his tastings.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #116 on: 13 Sep 2012, 08:06 pm »
I am so stoked.  Hugh is coming with some great gear to listen to.   I get to spend time with some really wonderful people an do what we all like to do.  Share ideas about improving our own system.  And now some killer diller chiller wines!

Does SoCal know we are strapping him to the BBQ?  He is a Green Egg Master!

Tom "Wine Fall" has not retuned my email yet.  I'm in the pool with our Silver Oaks person tonight and will get her read on which Pinot is the gotta have one.   
First I've heard of it - what happened to the "Master of Finger Food" line that was in here earlier?  :green:  Master? Hardly! (hmmmmm, wonder if I could con Smitty into showing up  :scratch: - he's GOOOOOD)

Wish I could figure out a way to get some of the wine back, but I think I'm SOL flying - oh well. Definitely looking forward to the day though. Just got my Oppo back and have been listening to some 2 channel PCM Blu Ray concerts most of the morning (after a couple hours on the tractor).

Wish I could bring something useful gear-wise to the GTG.

(Seems to be a lot of wishing in this response)

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #117 on: 13 Sep 2012, 08:35 pm »
Excellent.
As the wine coordinator for this event I have a very special announcement.

Many of you have the same great taste in wines that you have for audio gear.  My Silver Oak Winery and thier sister company ToMey connection has offered to help us purchase thier wines at 50% off retail.

I really don't think there are finer Cabs and Pinots that we can find at low prices like these.  While I have not had the current vintage of the Napa Cab. I can tell you that Silver Oak is in my mind is one of the best cabs out there year after year.  It's pricey.  Splitting bottles of the Napa Cab. could be a good idea. 

On the ToMey side of the house a Russian River Pinot that retails at $50 for $25?  I'm all in.  I drink a ton of thier Sauv Blanc.  It is the best in my mind and kicks ass on anything coming from New Zealand or Napa.  It's summer time.  I'm going to buy some Sauv Blac for the house anyway. 

Yes they have Merlot.  The Bose of wines.  PS we will have to pay sales tax.

Go on thier web sites.  Look up the reveiws for thier current vintages.  I'll middle and bring what you want to the GTG.  Message me.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #118 on: 13 Sep 2012, 08:35 pm »
Thank you Sir.
I'm supplying Hugh with his tastings.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #119 on: 13 Sep 2012, 08:36 pm »
I could bring yours back for you.
First I've heard of it - what happened to the "Master of Finger Food" line that was in here earlier?  :green:  Master? Hardly! (hmmmmm, wonder if I could con Smitty into showing up  :scratch: - he's GOOOOOD)

Wish I could figure out a way to get some of the wine back, but I think I'm SOL flying - oh well. Definitely looking forward to the day though. Just got my Oppo back and have been listening to some 2 channel PCM Blu Ray concerts most of the morning (after a couple hours on the tractor).

Wish I could bring something useful gear-wise to the GTG.

(Seems to be a lot of wishing in this response)