Has anyone used Front Panel EXP. to mill a Cornet2 LansingEnclosure, and...

longplates

Hello all-- I am really psyched to soon get my Cornet2 into use in my system. The PCB assembly went great! NOW, on to the metalwork. I am going to use Front Panel Express to do the metalwork on my black anodized LansingEnclosures chassis panels; (both the top plate and the rear panel where the RCA jacks and AC connectors are located.) Has anyone used Front Panel Express do the metalwork for their Cornet2 LansingEnclosures chassis? I really wanted to do ALL the work on my Cornet2, but I want my finished Cornet2 to look as good as it will sound and I am really not super-confident  that my primitive metalworking skills (and tools) are equal to this task. If anyone who HAS used Front Panel's services to complete their Cornet2 Lansing chassis could take a moment to PM me or respond here in the forum, I have a few questions and would be most grateful for anyone who can answer a few questions about the process and clarify some uncertainty on my part. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help, and let me just say that building my Cornet2 thus far has been extremely rewarding. My good friend Al Gallacher first opened my ears to the Cornet2 when I was still chasing the quality of sound it offers via my tortuous, unending system upgrade with a variety of overpriced commercial tube equipment. Glad that phase is over... Anyway, Thanks again! L.P.

hagtech

Here, try this.  I've been contemplating making some panels available for public use (and they won't have my logo).  This is a good start...

http://www.hagtech.com/fpd/cornet2top.fpd

jh

longplates

Jim-- Thanks very much for your time and effort with this! This top-plate design generously completed by you is just the ticket for my Cornet2 build--and is really going to give me the superfine "fit and finish" that I seek in this project. This will allow me to focus on progressive parts upgrades and vacuum tube choices for the fine tuning and ultimate "voicing" of your outstanding Cornet2 design. Again, thanks very much for your help with this, and I will soon post photos of the completed unit as it comes together.  Once again, THANK YOU.   L.P.

hagtech

Oh, anyone buying panels for the first time can use customer referral code #52828 and get an extra 20% off.  At least until the end of November.

jh

bregez

Here is a website where the builder posted fpd files for the discontinued Chime.  Using his files as a starting point and some manipulation via the FPE "cad" software you could design a back panel for the Cornet.
http://mtbaldy.us/~dnewman/chime/

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Jim,

Do you have a 6SL7, 6SN7 version of your Cornet 2? Schematic?

Thanks,
Anand.

hagtech

You can borrow information from this:

http://www.hagtech.com/pdf/cornetoctal.pdf

jh