Any Woo owners here?

DaveNote

• Without music, life would be a mistake. Nietzsche
Re: Any Woo owners here?
« Reply #20 on: 15 Sep 2012, 02:53 am »
I have a Lyr (with Senn 650's) and it's dead quiet.  Did yours always have the hum?  A tube issue maybe??  Just curious - Jason couldn't fix?

BTW, contacted Woo regarding my HD650's and was told the WA3 was a very nice match for them.

Jason said he could find nothing wrong with it. Tried different tubes. No ground loop proved by the fact that the O2 is dead quiet on the same circuit. Just didn't work out for me. Glad it works for you.

Dave

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #21 on: 4 Oct 2012, 01:07 pm »
I've just become interested in getting some good phones and an amp. After a couple of days looking around, I'm pretty settled on the Beyerdynamics T1 Tesla and powered by the Beyerdymamics A1 headphone amp. For around 2 grand for cans and amp, does anyone believe there are better options out there? Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions
Just found this amp yesterday, seems a new Ming-Da phones amp, it use 12AU7 and 300B, it a beautiful amp and sport a black aluminium chassis for better heat dissipation.
http://www.mei-xing.com/english/English/cp/5_MC300-EAR.html
It is a transformer coupled amp and double as a usual 7W loudspeaker amp.

The built quality is nice(no PCBs), however the 300B socket is cheap and awful, it will develop a bad contact sooner or later:
http://www.jacmusic.com/sockets/Images/Yamamoto/Fly.jpg
Ask for a teflon socket.
« Last Edit: 4 Oct 2012, 03:04 pm by FULLRANGEMAN »

LA mitchell

« Reply #22 on: 26 Oct 2012, 06:27 am »
I pulled out my trusty WOO AUDIO 3 so that my roommates wouldn't be disturbed...

Does anyone know if it drives LCD-2?     I really love my WA3 and heard so many good things about the LCD, I was wondering  if I could use it on my woo.

Thanks,

LA mitchell