1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 53

TAS & Stereophile Mag-Renew or Not?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: TAS & Stereophile Mag-Renew or Not?
« Reply #20 on: 2 Aug 2012, 05:33 pm »
I did not vote.  There are two publications listed.  Does one yes and one no = maybe?  :scratch:
See the poll now.

If this modification messes the results up let me know and I'll reset the results.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #21 on: 2 Aug 2012, 05:53 pm »
I like reading the mags. If even to see what others in the industry are up to. For the price (Stereophile is $0.98 and issue on the Kindle), it provides good reading at night.
I wish TAS and others would go to a downloadable version as it keeps the landfills just that much cleaner.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #22 on: 2 Aug 2012, 05:57 pm »
I voted yes to S'phile (Apparently I'm the only one!  :lol:). With regards to TAS, there are other online magazines out there that don't have measurements and have glorious pictures, etc...like 6moons (which I read as an alternative), etc...there are also others that have some decent loudspeaker measurements like SoundStage!

S'phile primarily because of the measurements and staying on top of what is out there. Not everybody reviews a $150K table! I also like their music reviews.

But overall, online mags kick arse. Tone Audio, 6moons, Dagogo, HifiZine, etc...the only print magazine that is worthwhile is S'phile and it is cheap to boot.

Best,
Anand.

BobRex

« Reply #23 on: 2 Aug 2012, 08:01 pm »
See the poll now.

If this modification messes the results up let me know and I'll reset the results.

I voted yes to the original poll, that should count as yes to both mags.  I have a hunch that I'm not counted on the Sphile tally.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #24 on: 2 Aug 2012, 08:11 pm »
I also voted yes for both publications in the earlier poll, so the Stereophile number should go up one more.

TONEPUB

« Reply #25 on: 2 Aug 2012, 10:38 pm »
I've been subscribing to both since 1979. I think no matter your level of involvement, you always learn something...
And I've certainly bought my fair share of gear based on the reviews of both pubs over the years.  Though I have been getting Stereophile on Zinio for about ten years now.  I think TAS is the only print magazine I still get.

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #26 on: 2 Aug 2012, 11:51 pm »
Results are skewed if voted in the original poll...I'm yes on both

rbbert

« Reply #27 on: 3 Aug 2012, 02:03 pm »
I want to vote "yes" on S'phile and "maybe" on TAS, but that isn't an option.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #28 on: 21 Nov 2012, 09:26 am »
Voted yes for s'phile. Would have said no to TAS if I could've done both.
After being a s'phile subscriber since the early 90s I stopped a couple years ago. But as my "library" was getting dated I reupped. As for TAS, I have tried it a couple times and never clicked with it. The reviews seemed to much like ad copy to me.
Viva la thread resurrection.  :thumb: