October Audioholics West Florida GTG

majorloser

October Audioholics West Florida GTG
« on: 29 Jul 2012, 03:12 pm »
I noticed that Salk Sound is listed as a "Gold Sponsor" for the Audioholics 2012 GTG Event this October 26th and 27th.

http://www.audioholics.com/news/trade-show-coverage/audioholics-2012-gtg-event

I'm very curious if Jim Salk (and of course his lovely wife) was planning on attending and what speakers were planned on being shown.

This could be a very painfully expensive event since it's so close to home and I'll be bringing my pickup truck and maybe my fifth wheel RV.  Lots of room to haul stuff home.  :roll:

jsalk

Re: October Audioholics West Florida GTG
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2012, 03:28 pm »
Yes, we will be there.  We will have SoundScape 8's and perhaps a few other pairs (which will be in our trailer after RMAF).  But depending on the room size, we may not set anything else up.  I always seem to have too many speakers in our rooms and I would like to keep it on the simple side since it is only a one-day event.

- Jim

majorloser

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2012, 03:45 pm »
As long as you let me "shop" the trailer during setup again.   :eyebrows:

At least I won't have to unload your trailer and carry everything up the hill this time.

majorloser

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jul 2012, 03:52 pm »
Oh, and as far as room size, I'll bring a sledge hammer.  We can get you any size room you want  :icon_twisted:

Nuance

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jul 2012, 01:16 pm »
This sounds like a fun event.  Have fun everyone.

Mudslide

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jul 2012, 01:41 pm »
This sounds like a fun event.  Have fun everyone.

ANY event with Majorloser involved will, I guarantee, be a fun event!   :hyper: :wine: :wink:

majorloser

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jul 2012, 05:00 pm »
ANY event with Majorloser involved will, I guarantee, be a fun event!   :hyper: :wine: :wink:

Loserwife don't let me get away with having fun anymore  :cry:

bigbwb

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jul 2012, 06:18 pm »
Tarpon Springs?  Huh, I may just have to stop by at this meet.  My parents have a place just south of Tarpon in Palm Harbor and I will be down there duing this week.

I may just have to say hi to Jim again!

Brandon

Mudslide

« Reply #8 on: 30 Jul 2012, 06:22 pm »
Loserwife don't let me get away with having fun anymore  :cry:

Ugh, I know the feeling.   :sad: :whip:  What's the matter with them, anyway.  Why, if I could break out of this chain, I'd get out to that GTG.  Yeah.  I would.   :shake:

Vulcan00

• SEM Micrograph of Dendritic Structure
« Reply #9 on: 1 Aug 2012, 03:07 pm »
Well, this is the closest location to a get-together I have seen for me. I live in Birmingham, AL and it’s about a 10 hr drive. I have driven to Clearwater before and it’s not too awful. I would sure like to meet everyone and hear the SS8s.

Mudslide

« Reply #10 on: 2 Aug 2012, 11:36 pm »
Well, this is the closest location to a get-together I have seen for me. I live in Birmingham, AL and it’s about a 10 hr drive. I have driven to Clearwater before and it’s not too awful. I would sure like to meet everyone and hear the SS8s.

Vulcan, you should go.  Having met them at our GTG, let me suggest that it will be quite worth your while just meeting both Jim and Dave (Majorloser) and especially hearing Jim's speakers.  I might add that their wives are WAY nicer than they give credit to.   :D  I don't know who else (or what else) is going to be at this GTG, but for lots of reasons these gents are a great credit to our hobby and worth your trip!

Mudslide

« Reply #11 on: 2 Aug 2012, 11:39 pm »
As long as you let me "shop" the trailer during setup again.   :eyebrows:

At least I won't have to unload your trailer and carry everything up the hill this time.

Do you even HAVE hills in Florida?   :lol:

majorloser

« Reply #12 on: 3 Aug 2012, 08:58 pm »
Do you even HAVE hills in Florida?   :lol:

Nah, last hurricane washed 'em all away.  :P

FloridaBear

« Reply #13 on: 12 Oct 2012, 03:41 pm »
I'm hoping that Jim will bring some HT2-TL's (preferrably with the RAAL). I've heard such great things about those that it would be very tempting for me to just bring them home with me if he's willing to sell them :) I'm planning to bring the SUV just in case...

Pretty please, Jim?

glangford

« Reply #14 on: 13 Oct 2012, 02:38 pm »

Yea, I live in Huntsville a couple of hours north of you. The sad thing is I'll be in Tampa on business a couple of days before, but I don't think I can swing hanging around for the event.

Nuance

« Reply #15 on: 14 Oct 2012, 04:37 am »
I'm hoping that Jim will bring some HT2-TL's (preferrably with the RAAL). I've heard such great things about those that it would be very tempting for me to just bring them home with me if he's willing to sell them :) I'm planning to bring the SUV just in case...

Pretty please, Jim?

Dunno if he is planning on it, but I'll ask him tomorrow morning when we meet up. 

FloridaBear

« Reply #16 on: 17 Oct 2012, 06:43 pm »
Dunno if he is planning on it, but I'll ask him tomorrow morning when we meet up.

Great! Would love to hear those vs. the Supercharged Songtowers. But I think I already know how that would turn out...

fsimms

« Reply #17 on: 18 Oct 2012, 02:07 am »
Great! Would love to hear those vs. the Supercharged Songtowers. But I think I already know how that would turn out...

Paul,

If he did bring the SC SongTowers, I think you could tell if you wanted the HT2-TL’s.  You wouldn’t be able to take HT2-TL’s home, but you should be able to make a firm decision.

Bob

Nuance

« Reply #18 on: 19 Oct 2012, 03:03 pm »
Paul,

If he did bring the SC SongTowers, I think you could tell if you wanted the HT2-TL’s.  You wouldn’t be able to take HT2-TL’s home, but you should be able to make a firm decision.

Bob

Jim is in fact bringing the Super-Charged SongTowers.

fsimms

« Reply #19 on: 27 Oct 2012, 03:59 pm »
A friend sent me this picture of the Florida GTG.

Bob