SIGNATURE 15 arrived today (sorta long but very honest)

LA mitchell

Hello all, allow me to say this....

I GET IT.

I GET IT.

I GET IT!

I GET what all the hoop-la is about on the various audio forums that I've read from people espousing enthusiasm for RWA.

:hyper:

In my short 2 year inexpensive audio tour (buying used from places like the 'Gon and experimenting with different amps based on reviews, users comments, etc.) I have only been immediately happy with TWO of my purchases: an 8wpc SET, and now the SIG 15.  Keep in mind, that I am listening to it right now (1) "out of the box" (2) without a "real" dac. AND, I know that it is recommended to put about 100 hours on it before doing any "critical" listening.... but but BUT... I already know that it's the beginning of a long beautiful romance with a very fine piece of audio equipment.

#1 The sound is everything I liked about my original sig 30 and more...

Plus I believe the tube stage is responsible for taking away the digital glare that came through from my low standard dac. (I can't even began to imagine how satisfied I will be when I eventually get the ISABELLINA dac)

#2 "more quality, less clutter"

As in all the RWA stuff, there is low maintenance with pleasing minimalistic aesthetics... and I love the size of the remote - it's just so... cute and simple (oh, and it came with batteries yeahahhhhhhh)

#3 Pictures don't do this amp justice

When I first started purursing the audio forums trying to decide where to begin my hi-fi journey, I came across banner-ads for RWA. I immediately liked the name "Red Wine Audio", but I guess I was just looking for something a little fancier (ala Burmester type flash) to impress my friends. 

Well the truth is... I LOVE the simplicity and robust feel/look of the RWA boxes. It's not a gaudy "hey look at me!!!!" style - RWA's looks is beautifully understated and makes me think of a pair of Rayban Wayfarers: classic, simple, timeless...

#4 I love the elegance of the front controls (simplicity similar to a well designed apple iOS app)

#5 while I appreciate the fact the Mr. Rossi is making these by hand in his shop, and that gives the amp a bespoke type of quality/charm, I wish for RWA to be more widely known in order to allow more people the etherial experience high quality RWA can bring into one's life.

Also, the increase in sales might allow a more accessible price point for frugal-audiophiles like me to attain the "holy grail of RWA"...... the ISABELLA!! Don't get me wrong, I'm not in a big rush to get it right now b/c i want to THOROUGHLY explore this bare-bones set up I have with the Sig-15 for a while so i can REALLY APPRECIATE the differences when I start adding other RWA products to the chain.

Thanks for allowing me to post my lengthy thoughts, as I am very grateful that this piece of audio equipment exists and is now enjoying a comfortable, pampered life in my humble home. :thumb:

LAmitchell

mrarroyo

Re: SIGNATURE 15 arrived today (sorta long but very honest)
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2012, 10:38 am »
Glad you are enjoying the unit so much. I look forward to seeing a power amp version so I might consider replacing my 30.2 LFP-V Edition.

Rocket

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2012, 12:05 pm »
Hi,

I'm glad that your satisfied with your new purchase.  What speakers are you using?

Regards

Rod

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2012, 09:12 pm »
Hi LAmitchell,

Thanks for your post, pics, and preliminary impressions!  I'm glad you are enjoying it, and I know you are going to dig tube rolling with it later!  8)

Thanks again, and happy listening!

Vinnie

mca

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jul 2012, 04:10 pm »
Never mind, your next post answered my question!

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #6 on: 29 Jul 2012, 03:08 pm »
Nice! Glad we have you on the road to be totally spoiled!