Apogee Calipers for sale

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
Re: Apogee Calipers for sale
« Reply #20 on: 9 Aug 2012, 12:48 pm »
I'd definitely be interested, but if the crated weight really is 300 pounds, that would be a costly freight charge to Austin, Texas, I'm afraid.

ptmconsulting

« Reply #21 on: 13 Aug 2012, 04:10 pm »
My shipping zip code is 11762. I've been told that UPS is more reliable than FedEx, but that a lot of audiophiles also use a reliable ground company called Pilot Air.

Based on rates others have told me they got quoted it would probably be in the $350 range, or thereabouts. If you don't want the upgraded capacitors then the price difference would probably easily cover the shipping charge.

They do sound sweet indeed with the original Sprague caps, but just a bit more open and extended with the Auricaps and Sonicaps, which you could always upgrade to down the road. I'm abou tto pull out those caps and use them in my new speakers, so this is a last chance to buy these upgraded. I will be relisting them soon for the lower price only, without the upgraded caps.

ptmconsulting

« Reply #22 on: 14 Aug 2012, 04:24 pm »
Price now reduced to $700, since I will be reusing the Sonicaps and Auricaps in my new speaker crossovers. I will restore the original Sprague caps into the Caliper crossover before shipping them, or before you pick them up.

Ericus Rex

« Reply #23 on: 14 Aug 2012, 07:14 pm »
Plycon offers very reasonable and safe shipping.  The last time I used them to ship my speakers (also over 300 lbs total) they were the cheapest of the major carriers by a significant amount and the speakers arrived at my door pristine.  The only drawback is that shipping may take a couple of weeks.  Slow is safe and I'm OK with that!

ptmconsulting

« Reply #24 on: 4 Sep 2012, 04:33 pm »
Pending sale fell through. These are still available for sale.