LA Kings Win the Stanley Cup!!!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
LA Kings Win the Stanley Cup!!!
« on: 12 Jun 2012, 02:49 am »
After 45 years of being in the League, the Los Angeles Kings hoist Lord Stanley's Cup!!!  In convincing form, at 6-1.  8)

Congrats KINGS!!!!  :hyper: :bounce: :rock: :beer:

medium jim

Re: LA Kings Win the Stanley Cup!!!
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2012, 03:20 am »
SWEET

SlushPuppy

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2012, 04:25 am »
Congratulations to the Los Angeles Kings on winning the Stanley Cup!

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jun 2012, 06:42 am »
Not to mention the several records they attained along the way and almost everyone counting them out. The NHL barely even knew what had hit them by the time they were bitch slapping the Blues around. I laughed as the NBC announcers cried, trying to will the Blues on to victory.

Unfortunately they ran into one of the best forechecks I have ever seen and it took too long for Phoenix to figure it out.

I have been waiting a little over 20 years and it is a great thing to finally have a turn.

To any potential trash talk coming my way may I just refer you to the following comment:

Scoreboard.... :thumb:

ken

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jun 2012, 11:53 am »
Congrats to the Kings for their first ever Stanley Cup and certainly looked like the better team last night:thumb: That being said as a Devils fan that Five minute major in the beginning of the first period was a killer and  set the tone for the rest of the game, and definitely should have been a minor  :duh:  Brodeur did not have one of his better games in goal which didn't help matters any

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jun 2012, 01:42 pm »
Only Habs fans whine, Ken. :lol: We here in the Concord-Manchester, NH area are celebrating as well. 11 of the Kings are former Monarchs players.

Doc

emac

« Reply #6 on: 12 Jun 2012, 01:52 pm »
Congrats to the Kings for their first ever Stanley Cup and certainly looked like the better team last night:thumb: That being said as a Devils fan that Five minute major in the beginning of the first period was a killer and  set the tone for the rest of the game, and definitely should have been a minor  :duh:  Brodeur did not have one of his better games in goal which didn't help matters any

Agreed.  Congrats to the Kings.  Do not want to take anything away from them as they were the best team throughout the playoffs.  However, I am very disappointed about the 3 goals that were let up during that major penalty.  I was planning on watching a good game, and ended up shutting it off in the first period because there was no way the Devils were going to come back from that.   

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #7 on: 12 Jun 2012, 02:45 pm »
Congrats to the Kings and their fans!  You definitely earned the title.   :thumb:

I am glad that the Devils were able to extend it to 6 games and I really enjoyed watching all of them.

While I was rooting for the Devils, to pull off the miracle comeback, it was clear that they were in big trouble last night after the 5 minute major was assigned to Steve Bernier.  By the time the penalty was over the Kings had scored 3 goals and it was all but over.

Playoff hockey is always riveting and this year was no exception.  While I don't watch regular season games, I watched a good chunk of the playoffs and it seemed like the games were closer than ever (with many being decided in OT).

George

medium jim

« Reply #8 on: 12 Jun 2012, 03:50 pm »
What is cool is that Al Michaels, a long time Kings Season Ticket Holder, now can have some bragging rights, as well the Kings themselves.

Say what you want, when you draw blood in the NHL, it will result in a 5 Minute Major.  The Kings got the job done.  What should be alarming to the rest of the league, is that the Kings have a core of young players that might spell dominance for several years to come.

Jim
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2012, 05:00 pm by medium jim »

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 12 Jun 2012, 04:52 pm »
What is cool is that Al Michaels, a long time Kings Season Ticket Holder, no can have some bragging rights, as well the Kings themselves.

Say what you want, when you draw blood in the NHL, it will result in a 5 Minute Major.  The Kings got the job done.  What should be alarming to the rest of the league, is that the Kings have a core of young players that might spell dominance for several years to come.

Jim

Jim,

No issue with the 5 minute major or removing Bernier from the game.  That was the right call.  Did you see them scrapping the blood off the ice?   :icon_twisted:

What I do have an issue with is that literally 30 seconds before that penalty, LA put a hit on the Devils (can't remember the players names right now) that should have received a 2 minute minor.  If that happens, the 5 minute major never happens...oh well, that's the way it goes. 

Overall, I think the officials were pretty consistent and did a pretty good job.

George

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: 12 Jun 2012, 06:26 pm »
Congrats to the Kings and their fans!  You definitely earned the title.   :thumb:

I am glad that the Devils were able to extend it to 6 games and I really enjoyed watching all of them.

While I was rooting for the Devils, to pull off the miracle comeback, it was clear that they were in big trouble last night after the 5 minute major was assigned to Steve Bernier.  By the time the penalty was over the Kings had scored 3 goals and it was all but over.

Playoff hockey is always riveting and this year was no exception.  While I don't watch regular season games, I watched a good chunk of the playoffs and it seemed like the games were closer than ever (with many being decided in OT).

George

Jim,

No issue with the 5 minute major or removing Bernier from the game.  That was the right call.  Did you see them scrapping the blood off the ice?   :icon_twisted:

What I do have an issue with is that literally 30 seconds before that penalty, LA put a hit on the Devils (can't remember the players names right now) that should have received a 2 minute minor.  If that happens, the 5 minute major never happens...oh well, that's the way it goes. 

Overall, I think the officials were pretty consistent and did a pretty good job.

George

+1 on both

tull skull

« Reply #11 on: 12 Jun 2012, 06:59 pm »
Look I feel terrible for Bernier but this is not the good old NHL where cheap pricks like Scott Stevens were admired for their head shots and ending players' playoffs.....or careers. Players are dying from complications due to concussion.

That is an automatic 5min.

The play earlier was on Stoll and he was lucky not to get a call. You would have to ask the refs why it wasn't. He has made hits like that before and got called. You cannot say that Berniers play never happens as a result though. We have no way of knowing that.

If you want to get upset, why not mourn the Devil's PK that was so awesome earlier in the playoffs?

ken

« Reply #12 on: 12 Jun 2012, 07:30 pm »
We can agree or disagree about the 5:00 major and subsequent ejection of Bernier, and although it drew blood it did not look malicous, or intentional, he did not leave his feet, raise his stick, or chuck an elbow to the head.  There is still no way you give up THREE goals in that span though, that's got to be some kind of record

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #13 on: 12 Jun 2012, 07:49 pm »
Look I feel terrible for Bernier but this is not the good old NHL where cheap pricks like Scott Stevens were admired for their head shots and ending players' playoffs.....or careers. Players are dying from complications due to concussion.

That is an automatic 5min.

The play earlier was on Stoll and he was lucky not to get a call. You would have to ask the refs why it wasn't. He has made hits like that before and got called. You cannot say that Berniers play never happens as a result though. We have no way of knowing that.

If you want to get upset, why not mourn the Devil's PK that was so awesome earlier in the playoffs?

Brodeur was clearly not on his game yesterday.  The Devil's PK while not outstanding, wasn't terrible either.  If Marty was Marty, it would have been a much closer contest.

George

tull skull

« Reply #14 on: 12 Jun 2012, 07:58 pm »
We can agree or disagree about the 5:00 major and subsequent ejection of Bernier, and although it drew blood it did not look malicous, or intentional, he did not leave his feet, raise his stick, or chuck an elbow to the head.  There is still no way you give up THREE goals in that span though, that's got to be some kind of record

Ken I just had to chuckle. You obviously don't know kings history well :) The Kings lost a playoff series to the Blues in a very similar fashion, although the Kings were actually able to allow 4 goals in 5min!

I am sure it is on youtube somewhere but I am at work and can't get access.