Beyerdynamic DT1350: King of All Portables?

Douger

Re: Beyerdynamic DT1350: King of All Portables?
« Reply #20 on: 12 Jun 2012, 11:16 pm »
Wow, AJ, you really tempted me... Very good description, but I have to watch my nickels right now. Maybe sometime...

ajzepp

« Reply #21 on: 13 Jun 2012, 03:52 am »
Wow, AJ, you really tempted me... Very good description, but I have to watch my nickels right now. Maybe sometime...

lol, I know the feeling :) 

Others may not be as enthusiastic about these as I am, but I honestly cannot fathom anyone not feeling they're worth every bit of their price tag. This is the first time I've actually believed that I could be happy with portable headphones and just my iPhone. Thanks to Wushuliu for turning me on to MOG music service...the gap between my portable rig and my home rig is much smaller now than it was before!

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #22 on: 13 Jun 2012, 01:55 pm »
Oh man I gotta get some now....damm you Zepp!!!!!!  LOL hehehehehehe :thumb:

ajzepp

« Reply #23 on: 13 Jun 2012, 03:02 pm »
Oh man I gotta get some now....damm you Zepp!!!!!!  LOL hehehehehehe :thumb:

LOL, I hear ya brother....I can't swing it now, but that's how I feel about all the Grado fans on head-fi who keep telling me I need some Grado PS1000s lol. The PS500s are my favorite "home" headphone, and I just can't imagine it getting much better in Grado land...but in a few months I'm going to give them an audition at my local dealer and see how they sound.

As for the 1350s, I think I have a decent feel for the type of sound you like, and so I'd say with confidence that you'd really enjoy them. In a blind listen, I really don't think people would realize these were portables without looking at them...seriously. Just a beautiful, full sound that don't need any extra ancillary gear to help them shine. iPhone, Kindle, laptop, iPad, you name it...you're good to go.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #24 on: 13 Jun 2012, 03:56 pm »
Zepp where are you finding good prices? Any good spots??

ajzepp

« Reply #25 on: 13 Jun 2012, 07:38 pm »
I just picked mine up off Amazon about a month ago....I think they were like $270 at the time. I heard that sometimes if you call JR Music World they will deal on certain phones...haven't tried it myself, but seems to be a prevalent notion at head-fi.

milford3

« Reply #26 on: 15 Jun 2012, 01:52 am »
I have pulled the trigger on these Beyers.  Should be at the condo in three days.  Rave reveiws on these puppies.  Will they sound as good as my beloved DT990 600 Ohm cans?  Let the journey continue. 8) 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/awesome-beyerdynamic-dt-1350

ajzepp

« Reply #27 on: 15 Jun 2012, 03:36 am »
I have pulled the trigger on these Beyers.  Should be at the condo in three days.  Rave reveiws on these puppies.  Will they sound as good as my beloved DT990 600 Ohm cans?  Let the journey continue. 8) 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/awesome-beyerdynamic-dt-1350

Congrats, Milford! These will be a fantastic addition for you...they'll sound great at home, and if you ever want a portable option for the road you'll be able to take that great Beyerdynamic sound with you :)  I can't wait to hear how you like them!

I've never heard the 990s, but I do prefer them to the 880s. They truly do sound like mini-T1s to my ears, so I think you might find them to be a very nice complement to your 990s  :thumb:

EDIT: Wow, I just read that InnerFidelity review...Tyll and I usually never agree on headphones, but we're both in total agreement about these phones! lol  I'm so glad that they measure out as well as they do, cause it sort of confirms what I've been hearing....especially in the bass! Flat down to 10hz???? That's nuts!!