ROK rocks

MerRev

Re: ROK rocks
« Reply #20 on: 14 Jun 2012, 03:16 am »
An integrated amp & old Dynacos- sacrilege
 :scratch:   Stick with it Mark & keep inspiring the rest of us to keep trying 300B's onelectrostat panels and Lowther Music  Posts paired with ridiculous high   eff speakers. :banana piano:   That's where all the fun is at.

Joe_K

« Reply #21 on: 15 Jun 2012, 08:30 pm »
Mark,

Thanks for having us out. It's always a pleasure to visit and hear your collection of gear!

The ROK and Dynacos still do an impressive job! The ROK did better than I expected, Looks like there's more than one way to spin a disc! 

What cartridge was on the ROK? It did quite well too!

JK

Blackmore

« Reply #22 on: 15 Jun 2012, 08:49 pm »
It's a Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood. About 7 years old but not many hours on it.  Ive always liked that cartridge.  Wish I could get the alignment closer to see what the old table can really do.  :duh:

KenSeger

• Heavy and noisy, but beautiful
    • Ken's Plain Jane Website
« Reply #23 on: 17 Jun 2012, 02:00 am »
Mark,

Thank you for hosting a nice get-together.  That was fun listening to the various amps, turntables, speakers, etc.  The Dynacos with your equipment was a very listenable little system.

Ken

Joe_K

« Reply #24 on: 17 Jun 2012, 03:52 am »
It's a Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood. About 7 years old but not many hours on it.  Ive always liked that cartridge.  Wish I could get the alignment closer to see what the old table can really do.  :duh:

There's something special about the sound of wood bodied cartridges.

Can the mounting hole be elongated to slide the arm back?