How bad does the NBA want the Miami Heat in the finals?

chester_audio

Re: How bad does the NBA want the Miami Heat in the finals?
« Reply #20 on: 8 Jun 2012, 01:42 pm »
Yup. I doubt if either the Heat or Celtics can beat OKC. As much as they hate to hear it, the C's really looked old last night.

dflee

« Reply #21 on: 8 Jun 2012, 01:56 pm »
Lets face it: Lebron is very talented and worthy of stardom. But seriously "Hammered"??? of all the times I've seen him play, the only time he was on the floor is when he chose to be. He is not the biggest brick wall I've ever seen but definitely is one. He initiates most of the contact cause guy's know they can't push him around so they don't try. Being good or even great at your sport does not alleviate being a jerk. Just look in any sport and you will find them. many of these people never lose that stigma after leaving the sport. Ty Cobb is a prime example. Arrogance is not a pretty site. It's because of the Heat arrogance that I want them to be in the finals and lose. Maybe back to back will teach them something.

squirrel_nut

« Reply #22 on: 8 Jun 2012, 02:03 pm »
I'm just glad the Spurs and all their FLOPPERS have gone fishing. it deters greatly from the game.  when does college ball start back up?  get tired of these prima donnas real quick.

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #23 on: 8 Jun 2012, 02:17 pm »
Lebron is averaging 34 pts, 11 rebs, 4 asts, 1 blk, 1 stl in this series so I'd say he's played like a superstar.  Last night was above and beyond.  It's the other guys who aren't carrying their weight.  Durant has plenty of other guys carrying their weight at the moment and that's the difference.

You have to watch the games without bias.  I never hear anyone complaining in the NBA (coaches and players alike) about Lebron getting unjust foul calls except maybe the opposing coach in that game and that's their job. Yeah their may be a call or two that go their way but there were also probably 3 that didn't get called.  Go down to your local court this weekend and play some ball, take it to the hole at least 10 times and then come back to me and lets talk about foul calls.  Maybe from your coach you may not see a foul or interpret how hard there can be.  Same for any sport, go play it and lets talk about fouls, hits, favoring offense etc...
My wife used to complain about why the yard wasn't mowed certain times in summer, it wasn't until I sent her out to do it in 95 degree weather that she gained some perspective. 

As far as Boston being old, well they weren't old in games 3-5 and now all of a sudden they are old.  We have to stop using that excuse, when they win they are savvy vets and when they lose they are old.  In game 5 they seem to hit every big 3 pointer, including Pierce's dagger so he sure looked present to me.  Boston could come out and win game 7, they are probably the most experienced team in the NBA, they've got Boston Pride and play with a great deal of confidence and execution.  Not too mention they know the Heat well, have an established game plan to execute, the Heat are probably the perfect opponent for Boston.

OKC is rolling right now and yes have the health, youth and confidence and should win it all.  even a healthy Miami would struggle to win but with Bosh ailing and Wade apparently ailing as well, they just don't have enough to challenge OKC.  OKC will wear down Boston or Miami as they did everyone else.  Lebron would have to play like he did last night every night against OKC for Miami to win and that's just not possible.

jackman

« Reply #24 on: 8 Jun 2012, 02:30 pm »
Boston was old and banged up entering this series.  Miami is also banged up and essentially playing without Bosch and a healthy Wade. Lebrun is the most talented guy in the game but he folds in pressure situations.  He is not a closer, but it won't matter because the Heat should win the next game handily and not require last second heroics.

Lebron rarely gets fouls called against him.  He runs over guys and routinely hacks guys when he blocks a shot. On the offensive side, he always gets the benefit of the call when anyone looks at him and is allowed to travel. When he is fouled hard, he frequently gets the benefit of a flagrant foul as he did against Chandler.  You can't even breethe in him without drawing a whistle.   If that continues, the Heat will win game 7 and maybe win a couple agains the Thunder.  OKC has a coach and plays good team ball. The Heat have a really bad coach and rely on playground ball tactics. 

Miami is also a team of floppers (second tothe Spurs) and if the NBA keeps giving them the calls, they could steal a couple games from OKC.  The Thunder has played so much better in the post season, I can't imagine them losing to a team like the heat, but thus is the NBA and anything is possible.

launche

« Reply #25 on: 8 Jun 2012, 03:08 pm »
Well now we are just back to Lebron hate and how everything he does is the worst thing in the world.  Old news.  What bothers me most is how the media benefits and distorts and how people just drink it down.  Creating this Lebron hate has been HUGE for the media and the NBA, it's the entire story line of the sport.  I find that fascinating, the whole clutch issue, the guy can't win.
The NBA and media don't benefit if he wins, they benefit if he struggles so I have no idea how you figure there's some fix in the cards. 

Hate, anger and failure sell.  If Miami loses the media can pump that all summer, how Lebron failed, how the team should be broken up, the coach fired etc... it'll be great for business.  If OKC wins the title it will be a forgotten matter in a week, I promise you that.  It's been all Lebron hate all the time 24/7 and you can sense players and fans getting a little sick of it, To continue the Lebron hate after 2 years if you don't have any skin in the game one has to wonder if they truly carry malice in their hearts.

kbuzz3

« Reply #26 on: 8 Jun 2012, 03:26 pm »
Interesting thread.  Wont put my whole opinion in as much as been spilled already but i submit as exhibit a  for lebron lovers or haters, or celtics lovers or haters: the tech call on garnett after getting entangled with the ball after the shot.  Totally BS

launche

« Reply #27 on: 8 Jun 2012, 03:49 pm »
Yes that was a call that wasn't needed but they called taunting because you are not allowed to touch the ball after it goes in the rim.  He caught it and throw it to Bosh's chest, maybe it's a no call if he through it to the ref.  But Garnett has a history of doing that to disrupt fast breaks so they called it.  Just the same Lebron got a technical for slamming the ball and it went into the stands so it's a wash.

a.wayne

« Reply #28 on: 8 Jun 2012, 05:37 pm »
When all 3 are on their game Miami is unstoppable , I'm still waiting for wade to turn up , if and when he does !!!!

:)

launche

« Reply #29 on: 8 Jun 2012, 07:36 pm »
Wade knee is hurt so I doubt he'll be turning it up much, unless a few days off gives him some relief.  I think that game was the highest rated basketball game in cable history.  Do you think they were all people turning him to see Miami win, I doubt it, they were probably folks who wanted to see them lose. 

But shouldn't all NBA fans want Miami to make the finals, who hell wants to see Boston vs OKC?  They'd  run those old vets out of the gym by game 3, at Miami stands a chance and people still get to hate Lebron as he's plays the darling Durant.  It's a much better storyline for sure but Boston is fully capable of winning game 7, with a hurt Wade and Bosh Boston is fully capable IMO.

jazzcourier

« Reply #30 on: 8 Jun 2012, 08:47 pm »
C'mon....Who does want to see the the "in the cards" match up of the MVP vs. the Scoring champ? This is going to redefine one on one basketball. Frankly,i will be watching for the inevitable meltdown of "crazy dinosaur eyes" Westbrook and believe me,it WILL happen! I actually liked the Thunder before i started watching them in the playoffs but when the chest beating  started it turned me off.Predictions of a new dynasty in the NBA? Wait until the bucks start flying and just try to keep that trinity together in Oklahoma City.Just call me a disgruntled Lakers fan.If i want bad attitude i can look at Andrew Bynum,i don't have to go out of town.