Memorial weekend sale...

grimace

Re: Memorial weekend sale...
« Reply #20 on: 29 May 2012, 06:40 pm »
Ordering two kits.  Pair a kit with the parts express .50 cu ft glossy black cabinet for $90 and 2 hours of work and I have two graduation gifts ready to go next week...

Thanks

oldman45

« Reply #21 on: 3 Jun 2012, 04:02 pm »
The X-LS Encore uses this top level dome tweeter: http://gr-research.com/gr-t3tweeter-1.aspx

It also has Sonicap Gen.2 by-pass caps in the tweeter circuit.

And yes, it does take everything up a couple of notches across the board.

Danny,

I would like to order the X-LS Encore before it goes off sale and also a sheet of No-Res.

Danny Richie

« Reply #22 on: 3 Jun 2012, 08:13 pm »
Danny,

I would like to order the X-LS Encore before it goes off sale and also a sheet of No-Res.

Okay, just give me a call on Monday and I'll still honor the sale price for you.

spasticteapot

« Reply #23 on: 3 Jun 2012, 08:36 pm »
I would like to do the same, if that is possible - I tried to order it yesterday but found only the non-sale price.

oldman45

« Reply #24 on: 3 Jun 2012, 08:47 pm »
Okay, just give me a call on Monday and I'll still honor the sale price for you.

Thank you.  I left a vm with my number on it.

Danny Richie

« Reply #25 on: 3 Jun 2012, 09:06 pm »

I would like to do the same, if that is possible - I tried to order it yesterday but found only the non-sale price.

Yep, give me a call on Monday.

Thank you.  I left a vm with my number on it.

Okay, I will return that call on Monday as well. 

Thanks,

jcotner

« Reply #26 on: 3 Jun 2012, 10:08 pm »

I thought the X-LS encore was and has been on sale for a while. That was from the  Best deal on loudspeaker kits ever thread. Was the price going up on those tomorrow? I knew regular X-LS were this weekend, but didn't think some even more special was going on with the X-LS encore.
Did I miss something?

Ron

« Reply #27 on: 3 Jun 2012, 11:14 pm »
  I have a newly built pair of X-LS Encores for sale if anyone is interested in this particular model speaker,but doesn't necessary want to mess with having to build them. They have been upgraded
with Sonicap capacitors in the crossover and the cabinet interior walls are lined with No-Rez.
The 0.50 cu-ft Parts Express cabinets, P/N 302-720, are finished in piano black and are very attactive.
The finished speakers are in perfect condition and sound fantastic. Selling the pair for slightly less than what it cost me to build them. If interested, just drop me a PM.

oldman45

« Reply #28 on: 4 Jun 2012, 01:43 am »
I thought the X-LS encore was and has been on sale for a while. That was from the  Best deal on loudspeaker kits ever thread. Was the price going up on those tomorrow? I knew regular X-LS were this weekend, but didn't think some even more special was going on with the X-LS encore.
Did I miss something?

Not really.  I don't believe so.  The $99 sale got me interested/excited, and I just decided to get the upgrades while I was at it.

TheLaw612

« Reply #29 on: 5 Jun 2012, 09:00 pm »
The X-LS Encores weren't on sale for $99 - they've always been $149. It was the regular X-LS that was on sale for $99 unless I'm completely mistaken...

Danny Richie

« Reply #30 on: 5 Jun 2012, 10:04 pm »
The X-LS Encores weren't on sale for $99 - they've always been $149. It was the regular X-LS that was on sale for $99 unless I'm completely mistaken...

You are correct.

And welcome to AC.

goldentheater

« Reply #31 on: 21 Jun 2012, 01:24 am »
What speakers do you have for sale from AV123 in striped MOHO,glossy or satin?Thanks,JR

Danny Richie

« Reply #32 on: 21 Jun 2012, 01:36 pm »
What speakers do you have for sale from AV123 in striped MOHO,glossy or satin?Thanks,JR

The only completed speakers left are X-Voce (lots of them left) and a few pairs of X-Omni without grills or bases. Finishes are listed here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=89801.0

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #33 on: 11 Jul 2012, 12:43 am »
I'm new here and recently purchased a Classic X-LS kit. I was wondering if there is a box plan for a floor standing model? I'm concerned about having speakers out into the room on stands at my cabin. Some of my friends like to indulge a bit at times and I can see them landing on the floor.

jcotner

« Reply #34 on: 11 Jul 2012, 01:02 am »
I was wondering if there is a box plan for a floor standing model?

Maybe this is what you are looking for:

http://gr-research.com/pdf/X-SLS%20Encore%20box.pdf

If not Danny will have to get you the correct file. I think the
LS and LS encore are in the same box. Tweeter is different
so the hole may need to be a different size. Easy adjustment.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #35 on: 11 Jul 2012, 01:24 am »
jcotner, thanks so much for the link. That would be great if that's the case since Peter J. did such a great job documenting his recent build.

Danny Richie

« Reply #36 on: 11 Jul 2012, 01:30 am »
Yeah, the only difference was the tweeter hole.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #37 on: 11 Jul 2012, 06:46 pm »
Thanks Danny, so am I gaining anything besides stability for my additional effort? Will this allow for deeper bass and better sound all around or will the sound stage be less?

jcotner

« Reply #38 on: 11 Jul 2012, 06:52 pm »
Some of my friends like to indulge a bit at times and I can see them landing on the floor.

Put a tap in the side of the speakers. I've never seen a drunk tip over a beer keg yet.  :green:

Well bigger boxes usually equals better bass, unless the driver is already maxed out.
I don't think it changes much else, but if you were going to make a floorstander why not just
go into the X-CS(MTM), not much more money.

Danny Richie

« Reply #39 on: 11 Jul 2012, 08:29 pm »
Thanks Danny, so am I gaining anything besides stability for my additional effort? Will this allow for deeper bass and better sound all around or will the sound stage be less?

By going to the floor standing cabinet you are using the driver in an optimal ported cabinet instead of higher tuned mini-monitor. So your -3db drops from about 60Hz to 43Hz.