• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
Re: I'll Have Another!
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2012, 10:50 pm »
2 down 1 to go, we'll see on the 1.5 mile track

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2012, 07:43 pm »
This horse seems to know that it's in a race, and when to turn it on. I think the extra distance will allow him to shine. The Triple Crown is his to lose.

What a great name for a horse of this caliber. :thumb: 

rodge827

« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2012, 11:15 pm »
This horse seems to know that it's in a race, and when to turn it on. I think the extra distance will allow him to shine. The Triple Crown is his to lose.

Totaly agree!  :D

The extra 5/16 mile at The Belmont will fit well into IHA's capabilities.
He'll hang in the lead pack and dust them in the last few furlongs  :thumb:.

It's gonna be a fun race :D

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2012, 11:28 pm »

Yes....too bad it's not about drinking.... :lol:

The origins of Derby winner I'll Have Another's name are far more innocent.

J. Paul Reddam, the horse's owner, named him in honor of his wife's cookies – more specifically, his response every time she asks if he'd like one more cookie. It's optimism combined with satisfaction, and it's exactly what everyone associated with the horse is feeling

fredgarvin

« Reply #5 on: 21 May 2012, 04:03 am »

Yes....too bad it's not about drinking.... :lol:

The only problem that I can see is if he gets no pace to run at. I've watched him win the same way 4 times, he definitely wants to have someone to run at. As they say, 'pace makes the race', if no speed shows up he could find himself in front with a wall of horses and nothing to chase. I'm anxious to see the field come together.

medium jim

« Reply #6 on: 21 May 2012, 04:55 am »
The only problem that I can see is if he gets no pace to run at. I've watched him win the same way 4 times, he definitely wants to have someone to run at. As they say, 'pace makes the race', if no speed shows up he could find himself in front with a wall of horses and nothing to chase. I'm anxious to see the field come together.

Fred:

I believe you called it, if I were the owner of IHA, I would enter a horse to set the pace....nothing in the rules against an owner or trainer having more than one horse in a race....

Jim

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #7 on: 21 May 2012, 04:22 pm »

Bodemeister, the pacesetter for both the Derby and Preakness, will be entered at the Belmont.  Whether Mike Smith can hold him back and leave a little reserve in the tank will be interesting to watch.  Two 2nd's has got to be be killing them.