Just When I thought I Would Never Do This Again....

adydula

• Restricted
Re: Just When I thought I Would Never Do This Again....
« Reply #60 on: 19 Jul 2012, 02:23 pm »
I agree about the bass on the Grados....its really, really tight for sure...seems very clean and clear....

I like the O2 so much I just bought a pc board and ordered the parts from mouser.....going to get out the old soldering iron and build one for therapy then I will have one to use in the main 2 ch listening room man cave over the garage and one for the other man cave where I do photography and printing...

Now I need to play with the DACS and decide which one will be in the 2 ch Salk SongTower system and which DAC will be for the headphpones...so the $99 ODAC will be a neat experiment....for the price heck you can have several !!! LOL!

Alex

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #61 on: 20 Jul 2012, 12:18 am »
Eva Cassidy's  "Simply Eva" the last track "I Know You By Heart" with the 02 amp and the Grados .....the first minute of this song is a 10.

The reverberation and her voice is just plain wonderful, clean, crisp and lifelike.

The volume setting on the low gain setting is only 7-8 oclock and its very loud..dont need to get much higher to reveal all thats there...

Awesome
Alex
« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2012, 07:20 pm by adydula »

ajzepp

« Reply #62 on: 20 Jul 2012, 11:52 am »
I could listen to Eva Cassidy allllllll day  :thumb:

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #63 on: 20 Jul 2012, 07:02 pm »
Fleetwood Mac, Dreams.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreams_(Fleetwood_Mac_song)

The Old Drummer in you must, absolutely must, listen to Max Roach play Max's Variations on the second disc of this set:

http://www.amazon.com/Alone-Together-Best-Mercury-Years/dp/B0000046XO/ref=sr_1_9?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1342658715&sr=1-9&keywords=clifford+brown+and+max+roach

Only a couple of minutes long, but it has everything a drummer just has to love on it. My best drum go to track.

Thanks!!!!!!!  Incredible....

dB Cooper

« Reply #64 on: 13 Aug 2012, 01:15 am »
Wow the 256kbps Jazz Wyoming stream sounds great!  :thumb:

Going to check out Dinner Jazz Excursion and Radio Swiss Jazz next.
Went back and found this thread again when I discovered Linn Jazz which is a UK station with a 320K stream. Sounds REEEEEALLL good for an internet feed. The Winner.... And new Champeen!! Thought some folks might be interested. BTW, it is run by the same people who make the Linn audio gear.

ajzepp

« Reply #65 on: 15 Aug 2012, 02:53 am »
Went back and found this thread again when I discovered Linn Jazz which is a UK station with a 320K stream. Sounds REEEEEALLL good for an internet feed. The Winner.... And new Champeen!! Thought some folks might be interested. BTW, it is run by the same people who make the Linn audio gear.

Thanks! Gonna track it down on TuneIn and give a listen :)

fenderf4i

« Reply #66 on: 22 Aug 2012, 02:13 pm »
I've had my PS500's for about 6 months now, and am not wanting for anything else, they are just incredible. I have them paired with An O2 amp, and it's great. I ended up building 5 of them because it was so much fun, including the desktop version.

ajzepp

« Reply #67 on: 23 Aug 2012, 12:58 am »
I've had my PS500's for about 6 months now, and am not wanting for anything else, they are just incredible. I have them paired with An O2 amp, and it's great. I ended up building 5 of them because it was so much fun, including the desktop version.

The 500s are the perfect headphone for me...I can understand why you aren't wanting for anything else :)

saisunil

« Reply #68 on: 23 Aug 2012, 01:32 am »
How do PS500 compare with PS1000 and RS1 ... I  am still trying to find my grado ...
PS1000 had artificially vast soundstage and RS1 was not big enough ...

HF2 were nowhere for me ... I have read that PS500 is the sweet spot - a non grado sound - means not harsh or forward ...

Thanks

ajzepp

« Reply #69 on: 23 Aug 2012, 05:50 am »
I definitely don't consider the PS500s to be a "non-Grado" sound...they just don't have the same brightness that the performance line models have. They are fuller in the bottom end, but still don't have the same extension that you'll find in other headphones. The sound stage is very natural without being "large". The have that ability to create a more organic listening experience like other Grados do, which is something that has always endeared me to them. Imaging is solid. Timbre is spot on and both instruments and vocals have uncanny realism.

I tend to like a slightly bright headphone, so I was a bit uncertain if these would appeal to me as much as other Grado options, but they really have...it's not even a concern for me anymore. Bass heads probably wouldn't care for these, although they do have some pretty robust mid-bass. The quality of bass is very good. It's not boomy, but is very tight, articulate and natural sounding. And actually, these are probably as close as Grados will get to being an all-rounder. I even enjoy using them for some of the electronical/trance music that I've taken a liking to recently.

So far, even compared to my T1s, the 500s are tops for me at less than half the price. Of course, they won't be for everyone....I'm just one of the lucky ones I guess...God bless John Grados ears!!!!!