HAM radio operator in my left channel. Is it my AC?

Cheeseboy

Re: HAM radio operator in my left channel. Is it my AC?
« Reply #20 on: 18 May 2012, 09:30 pm »
No problem cutting cleaning and re-terminating.  It keeps me out of the pubs.  These have a foot extra on each of them. 

7x57

« Reply #21 on: 5 Oct 2012, 05:58 pm »
When I was getting my electronic degree, one of my teachers had a past problem with an illegal HAM radio operator who kept transmitting way over the legal power limit. The problem was solved with a straight pin, pliers, and flush cutting dikes. You use the pliers to push the straight pin through the illegal transmitter coaxial antenna cable, touching it to BOTH the central conductor and shield. The flush cutting dikes are then used to cut off the pin flush with the plastic sheath, rendering it almost invisible. When the transmitter is keyed up to transmit, the output devices are blown by the ultra low impedance load which is a dead short. Even if they do not blow, no power gets to the transmitter antenna anyway. Problem solved. After blowing his transmitter several times, the illegal HAM operator got the message and began using only legal amounts of power.

tx2sturgis

• Texas Panhandle
« Reply #22 on: 6 Apr 2015, 04:23 am »
I know this is an old topic, I have no idea if the OP ever solved his problem, but for future reference, if someone else lands on this thread:

If the transmitter is within a 1/4 mile or so, the interference is probably 'common mode', and can usually be solved with snap-on style ferrite chokes attached to the speaker wires. You coil the cables thru the chokes several times and they will attenuate the unwanted signal.

Look for 'Mix 31' beads, chokes or toroids.

Here is more information:

http://www.k0bg.com/beads.html