Odyssey Audio Danmark

Brian

Odyssey Audio Danmark
« on: 22 May 2004, 09:15 am »
Hi

I am very happy to announce that Odyssey Audio Danmark has open for business.

My set-up is combined of  Tempest, Stratos 120.000 and Nightingale. As source I am using the AH! Njoe Tjoeb CD4000. Later I plan to get the Khartago, Etesian and the Epiphony.

The address is Kristoffersvej 75, DK-4100 Ringsted, Denmark, and the opening hours will be saturday 10-16. It is possible to arrange another time or day if needed.

For further information please call +45 58 52 57 84 or mail to odysseyaudiodk@hotmail.com

Best regards
Brian Rasmussen

rosconey

Odyssey Audio Danmark
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2004, 09:33 am »
wheres danmark :?: my step father dan would be intersested in going there-lol

Barry

Odyssey Audio Danmark
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2004, 06:36 pm »
Brian, Congratulations!!

I think you have use Nightingale for a while and you may want to share your experience with Nightingale.  I have ordered one for Hong Kong demo room.

greve

Odyssey Audio Danmark
« Reply #3 on: 7 Jul 2004, 06:48 pm »
Deleted, as post deemed not appropriate for this forum...

byteme

Odyssey Audio Danmark
« Reply #4 on: 7 Jul 2004, 08:16 pm »
Quote from: greve
I guess this comment was meant as a joke, but I take the liberty to ignore that as it did not move any smilie-muscles in me. I guess the comment confirms what many people over the years have told me, that most Americans actually don't know that there is anything outside US (except "the bad guys" of course...) and that as many as 98% of Americans don't have a passport.

Greve, at some point did you have your sense of humor removed?  

"Dan"mark - is not how most of us <sarcasm> self absorbed, igornant, blinders on to the rest of the world </sarcasm> Americans usually see the country name spelled.  So, apparently Roscony decided to have a little fun with it, perhaps implying that his step father is actually some type of estranged king of this nation state - being as his step father's name is DAN.

So, thanks for todays dose of Ameribashing, got a good double in there too with the crack about Hans and us not knowing about him.  Cute!  Well done.   :roll:

Group us as a whole, stereotype us into whatever cliche BS is popular right now.  Bleat on with the rest of the world sheep focusing on whatever it is that we've done that's unpopular, ignoring the good selfless humanitarian things our country and it's people do.  And then when you need to, yet again, come crawling back to suckle on the great American teet.

rosconey

Odyssey Audio Danmark
« Reply #5 on: 7 Jul 2004, 09:02 pm »
and i guess most britts have a pipe up the bum  :lol:
wonder if this guy is a customer of peter-lol

ps -look at the original posters location under his name- :o

djbnh

Odyssey Audio Danmark
« Reply #6 on: 7 Jul 2004, 10:03 pm »
I lived, during 1988-1991, in what was then-West Germany for three years (US Army Artillery), off-post in a small community called Fernwald-Steinbach near Giessen, some 60 km north of Frankfurt. I can empathize with Greve's comments. My observations during that time period point to how the vast majority of GIs and, to a lesser degree the associated AAFES and other support staff (note I am not included all Americans), made zero effort to be appreciative nor respectful of German and other European cultures and related citizenry. I witnessed more of the same from non-military Americans when I returned as a citizen, in 2000, to attend Obergammerau's (in Bavaria) Passionsspiele, München's Oktoberfest, and visit throughout Österreich including Wien and Salzburg.

I also add that overseas I had a great many Germans and others (this did not carry over to the French with whom we interacted - again, my observations here) help my family and I out, especially when we tried to speak the respective language while being respectful of the culture. One wonderful example: my youngest daughter was born in Giessen's Krankenhaus, and the head of its OB/GYN brought flowers to my spouse the following day (never heard of this happening stateside, or in the military hospitals overseas!).

This is not to say I've haven't seen boorish behavior from Europeans during my times. Nor am I posting to excuse or bait either side. However, if in the future you visit Deutschland, eat at a fine restaurant, have a great meal (I never had a bad meal or bier there!), and leave your knife and fork crossed on your plate at the end, be prepared to be educated.

"Rosconey wollte, dass sich die Zuschauer distanzieren." :shake:

Auf Wiedersehen!

zeke

Odyssey Audio Danmark
« Reply #7 on: 7 Jul 2004, 11:59 pm »
greve --- don't really know if 98% of Americans don't have passports, but if that's the case, have you thought why ?.   As far as i know, the countries north and south of us do not require passports for entry -------    most Americans would need to drive thousands of miles to get to a country where a passport is needed !.  How far can you drive before you need a passport ?

Plane travel and accomodations are too expensive for most American families. This country is huge --- most of us will never even see what is here !.

Besides, why would i want to book expensive plane fare and lodging , to go to a country where people as yourself are so superior to me ....................

Eduardo AAVM

Odyssey Audio Danmark
« Reply #8 on: 8 Jul 2004, 04:13 am »
Well I just want to add that Odyssey Audio España (Spain) is on the works practically it is my web site in a iberic (spanish) version.

In few days Alfonso will share the url with you.

greve

Odyssey Audio Danmark
« Reply #9 on: 8 Jul 2004, 06:24 am »
Deleted, as post deemed not appropriate for this forum...

ohenry

Odyssey Audio Danmark
« Reply #10 on: 8 Jul 2004, 12:03 pm »
I suggest to leave this discussion here, and get on with our lives, and just try to be respectful to other people/cultures/cultures - it generally doesn't hurt...

It appears that you (greve) have been the disrespectful one.  What was clearly a good-natured jab at what appeared to be a spelling discrepancy was spun into a mini flame fest by you.

Good show, Mr. Diplomat.  :|

Rocket

odyssey sites
« Reply #11 on: 9 Jul 2004, 04:34 am »
Hi Eduardo,

Do you know when the australian website will start working?

I have tried to use it numerous times but it isn't working.

thanks in advance.

regards

rocket

Eduardo AAVM

Odyssey Audio Danmark
« Reply #12 on: 9 Jul 2004, 05:41 am »
Hello Rocket, no I do not know nothing about Australia, but if in something I can help I will do it, it is apleasure to support other Odyssey offices around the globe...

( Sorry Moyses still too much to do)

Regards

Rocket

odyssey oz website
« Reply #13 on: 9 Jul 2004, 06:45 am »
Hi Eduardo,

Do you or Klaus know if the website is working?  I've been trying the url for a couple of months now with no luck.

Thanks in advance for the help.

regards

rocket

klaus@odyssey

Odyssey Audio Danmark
« Reply #14 on: 9 Jul 2004, 08:19 am »
OK,

1.  No fighting.
2.  no fighting.
3. no fighting o I'll have to kick your asses.

klaus@odyssey

Odyssey Audio Danmark
« Reply #15 on: 9 Jul 2004, 08:19 am »
I meant,

1st rule of fightclub .......

klaus@odyssey

Odyssey Audio Danmark
« Reply #16 on: 9 Jul 2004, 08:39 am »
(same post on new topic)

OK,  on a serious not here regarding the web sites and our international network:

As some of you know,  I've been on vacation for 2 weeks,  and should never have done that,  aaaaaaaargh.
Anyway,  we're slowly catching up with the flood of Stereophile and ongoing orders.  This summer I want to have all of our international branches ready to go with either showroom systems or even loaner gear.  This will happen,  and we're on course to catch up by the end of August.  Now,  that's also the time line when I want to see every web site up and running.    We already added Spain,  and will soon add mainland China for Canton, Beijing and Shanghai.  this will get us to 10  Odyssey parts.

In addition,  we're adding changes for Europe for the EU  guidelines to complete the safety measures,  as we are already Eu  certified for the EM  tests.

Next,  Travis and I are actually working on revamping the web site.  I cleaned it up and updated it this week,  but there's a lot more coming an there will be tons and tons of pics and photoalbums.

Another PHENOMENAL  news is that as of July 1st,  we are the official importer of vandenHul cartridges,  and offer the great vdHul retipping service for all and any carts out there.  There will be a substantial price reduction for the new units and especially for the retipping service ( $ 200 - 400,  depending on the problem,  retipped with the vdHul micro line stylus,  that's being used in the Colibri and the Symphonic Line RG 8.  It's fantastic,  I've had dozens done over th past years,  and actually have a few carts in stock righ tnow fo cheapo),  since the previous importer asked way too much $$$  for it.  We'll be much more $$$  and service oriented,  you have my word.
There will be some links and an assition to our site as well.

OK,  what else ????

Oh ys,  we're finally at the braking point with all the price increases for metal,  vendors,  shipping, dollar exchange rate,   etc. etc.,  that we'll HAVE  to raise the pricing as of August 1st.  I'm still trying to figure out the exact increase,  as I'm waiting to get 1 year quots from my key vendors.   Keep in mind that we were able to keep the same  cost or even lower it as we did  with some of our speakers  since Deember 2001.  That's 2 1/2 years,  which I think is pretty darn good.

Lastly,  our digital stuff.  We'll be shipping the first units by the end of July,  and we stuffed some black gates and othr goodies in it to spruce it up.  It worked,  lol.  The previously posted $  is confirmed and stays the same even with the production increases.  $ 1,500  for the 1000 W. version.

The sub - name of our digital line is:

Odyssey

Emotional fusion digital.

Anyway,  I'll keep you guys posted,
Klaus

Eduardo AAVM

Odyssey Audio Danmark
« Reply #17 on: 9 Jul 2004, 04:31 pm »
EMODIGI...

Marbles

Odyssey Audio Danmark
« Reply #18 on: 9 Jul 2004, 04:44 pm »