This is the "DeadFish Is Losing His Hearing" sale, extraveganza!

morganc

PM sent on the Decware.....

DeadFish

Thank you very much, everyone, for having a look!  Should things not sell at daves or some other way locally by the end of the weekend, I will be putting everything else for sale to the general population of Audio Circle.  I had hoped to avoid shipping, as it is problematic with my health, but we can make it work, if that is the way it goes.  Again, thanks EVERYone!!  If I reach a place where I cannot hear my main hifi system anymore, there will be a complete system to liquidate.  But then again, miracles and remissions happen!  :thumb:

daves

I hope everyone can give consideration to picking up something, or multiple somethings, from Bill. It is always good karma to step up and help a friend! We will have a system available for any listening or fiddling that may need or desired to be done.

Dave

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Thank you very much, everyone, for having a look!  Should things not sell at daves or some other way locally by the end of the weekend, I will be putting everything else for sale to the general population of Audio Circle.  I had hoped to avoid shipping, as it is problematic with my health, but we can make it work, if that is the way it goes.  Again, thanks EVERYone!!  If I reach a place where I cannot hear my main hifi system anymore, there will be a complete system to liquidate.  But then again, miracles and remissions happen!  :thumb:

I'm traveling a lot these weeks, but if you need someone to pack and ship some stuff, I'm pretty good at that kind of thing.  Just down I-44 an hour or so, and I'll be coming through Lambert in the next 3 weekends.

'brick

DeadFish

Thanks again, Dave and 'brick!!

I swear, I could not have asked for a better bunch of guys to listen to music, compare gear and generally have a good time with. Then again, all the folks I have met here are!!
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2012, 10:19 pm by DeadFish »

electricbear

I totally agree with you Bill, the GAS guys really are a great bunch of guys. I wish I could get a similar group going down here.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
...even though I'm not from the area I know a few of you guys and I agree its a great group, the only problematic member is that "bob from st louie guy". Whats his deal??   :no_see: :no_hear: :no_speak:

Mike Nomad

PM sent for the Harmonic Technology Truthlink RCA > XLR Interconnects.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
...even though I'm not from the area I know a few of you guys and I agree its a great group, the only problematic member is that "bob from st louie guy". Whats his deal??   :no_see: :no_hear: :no_speak:

Just a little brain damaged, that's all.    :icon_twisted:

Hifibone

PM sent for Harmonic Tech Truthlink RCA > RCA IC's.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Just a little brain damaged, that's all.    :icon_twisted:
Who am I and why am I here?  :scratch:

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
Deadfish, I sent you a pm yesterday regarding your model 19's, did you get it?
Kind regards,
Guy

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
Hi Bill -

I know your health is slowing you down, but might there be a chance the Bryston 10B and cables could get shipped anytime soon?

Hope you're feeling better.

Gene

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
Deadfish,
     As I sit hear and listen to Miles Davis I am womdering how you are doing  :scratch:  Please let us know how you are.
Kind regards,
Guy

DeadFish

Hello folks,
Jesus, I owe a bunch of you apologies for falling off the earth, and not saying a word, to speak of....
I pretty much wore myself down getting assembled for that sale, like there wasn't anything wrong with me.
After the sale at Daves, I began radiation therapy which pretty much finished wrecking me physically and mentally and I kind of dropped the ball on everything except sleeping.  Now I'm bald again, and still having troubles staying awake.  Radiation and chemo have little to do with making one more functional on a day-to-day basis.
I finished my last radiation last week and I started having a little energy a few days ago, hence, I noticed the note alerting me to pull my head out of my butt, especially to get on with some stuff some of you kind folk are interested in.
Now, to complicate things, my wife told me two days ago that she has arranged us a 2 week vacation, starting saturday, just to get us out of this 'house of illness' thing that has been going on here.
SO, if anyone is still interested I'm going to try and go thru all my notes to folks I've talked/communicated with to see if you are still interested.  And I mean to  do that either tonite or tomorrow.  HOPEfully, I'll pull this off without a hitch.
    I wasn't given any choice on this trip to New Mexico by my wife and my best friend in the world that arranged all this.  I, again, apologize to anyone for dropping the ball on any business we talked about doing.  There has been something rude about this cancer that has slowed me down.  I don't think I'll ever operate at light speed anymore, but I'll try to carry things through as well as I am able.
    Three weeks ago I didn't feel like I was going to live this long, so I'm glad I got to at least get to apologize to folks.
                 Every day is a gift.  I know a lot more about what that means now....

Thanks everyone for your good wishes, intents, and interests.

Bill

roscoeiii

No need to send me a PM, I am still interested but in no rush. And if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out.

You take good care of yourself and focus on enjoying life. This other stuff can wait. Have a great time in the Southwest. Sending the best from Chicago.

etcarroll

What roscoeiii said.

When you feel up to it, you can get back to me.

Gene

DeadFish

Thanks guys.  God bless you!
If I don't do this thing, my wife will kill me before the cancer.
She has offered.
I gotta get better just so I can pull this stuff all off!

Yer some great people and I've been lucky to know or at least greet with much of you.    Have a good two weeks without me!
                                Bill

Scott F.

Have a great time down in NM. Remember, it never happened if you don't take pictures  :wink:  :thumb:

etcarroll

Listen - don't 'hi-five' a cactus while in NM, nothing good can come of it.