This is the "DeadFish Is Losing His Hearing" sale, extraveganza!

DeadFish

SOLD!Thank you very much!

This is a Dynaco ST-70 amp. 
It takes EL-34 power tubes.  This one has Svetlana brand in it.  It also takes two 7199 tubes, and these are Dynaco.  I am asking $450 for it.
These are really nice amps Dynaco made!

« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2012, 11:59 pm by DeadFish »

DeadFish

This is a Van Alstine Transcendence Five SLR, tubed pre-amplifier.  Very clean sound, and lives up to the Van Alstine reputation!
Unique to vacuum tube preamplifiers, the Transcendence Five features an exquisite headphone amplifier built in at no extra cost. The Transcendence Five features precision-stepped volume and balance controls and a silver contact fiberglass selector switch. It has a mono-stereo switch, a tape monitor switch, a tape 1 – tape 2 switch, and a lighted power switch on the front panel. It has 20 gold-plated jacks for input and output to handle special, CD, FM, Spare (for VCR or TV), two sets of tape in, two sets of tape out, and two sets of audio outputs. It has three convenience AC outlets, on the rear.  I used this preamp often, swapping between my HagTech Clarinet, my MAD pre and this.  It all depended on how much stuff I had to switch between, especially if a TV was nearby.  Very convenient, very clean sounding, and of course, tube driven!
I am asking $450 for it.

DeadFish

This is a TEAC branded AL-700P 2 channel chip amp.  Once upon a time, it was 3 channel amp.  Then it went to Vinnie at Red Wine and got transformed to work with rechargable batteries inside, and upgraded input and output connectors. I think that was about $500 for that transformation.  I wore those out and replaced them with even bigger batteries Vinnie suggested that should last about 24 hours of play, but I never ran them out before recharging them again.  I am asking $350  $325! for this really clean sounding amp.  It sounds really great with any speaker I have owned, especially the Altec 19's.  It is entirely 'off the grid' running off of batteries, and not plugged in while playing!  I personally think it nice, especially at the price.  The charger, while not shown in any pictures, is included.

« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2012, 12:01 am by DeadFish »

DeadFish

This is a Squeezebox 2, power supply and remote.
The Squeezebox 2 was modified for better sound by Vinnie at Red Wine Audio.  I originally bought it from him.
The Elpac power supply I bought new and had Wayne at Bolder Cable modify it for superior sound using it.  As the pictures show, the original remote control is here as well.
This is a wired or wireless Squeezebox 2.  The Squeezebox 2 was the best of the bunch for modding, since it had a box big enough to put things in.  Vinnie did a really nice job modding this, as it really had great sound compared to the original standard one I had first.  Both of these guys really know their stuff, and I have had mega-hours of good listening through these things.
For the underinformed, the Squeezebox hooks up to your hifi and run wired or wirelessly (if you have the right hardware) to run music off of your harddrive in a peecee computer.  I had about a terabyte and a half on my machine, and was what I listened to as my primary output device for a long time.    This Squeezebox gave me about the best sound my ears could tell out of my hifi, and I hate to see it go.  I am asking $400 $375!for this, and is worth it, and this is a lot less than I spent for it.
Any questions, give me a hollar!

« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2012, 12:02 am by DeadFish »

DeadFish

THIS IS SOLD.  Thanks, Scott!

This is my Dad's short wave radio and speaker, and his pride and joy in the 60's.   I don't know much about this thing at all, other than it worked, but I have no antenna for it.  Make me an offer I cannot refuse!! 
I'll start at $100 for the pair, but if you are interested, tell me how much.  I'm interested in making them go away, as this is not my hobby.  Talk to me!   :icon_lol:

« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2012, 04:53 pm by DeadFish »

DeadFish

Anything not sold saturday, will be sold and shipped, and these already have someone who wants them and wants them shipped.

This is a pair of Synergistic Research Signature 2 speaker cables.  They are 10 feet long with spade endings on both ends.  They have served me for many years, and were best appreciated when I bi-wired my Vandersteen 2CI speakers.  I am asking $150, much lower than what I shelled out for them.  They have two separate runs of wire, wrapped separately;  one each for positive and negative, if you cannot tell in the picture.
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2012, 07:25 pm by DeadFish »

DeadFish

This is a 1 meter pair of Synergistic Research S.C.1 interconnects, with RCA ends.  I'm sorry, I do not remember what the S.C. stands for, as they are not being made anymore.  I think they cost me $225, and I am offering them for $100.  Very nice sounding cables, kind of mellow, if that helps.

DeadFish

These are a 1 meter pair of Harmonic Technology Truthlink interconnects, with locking connectors.  Tightening or loosening those connectors will change your sound to some degree.  Somewhat similar to what Synergistic Research offered, I found both brands to be rather mellow, and in accordance to what I was looking for in wiring.  I stuck with several pairs of these for a long time, quite happily.  I am asking $145 for these.

DeadFish

This is a pair of Harmonic Technology Truthlink interconnects.  They are 60 inches long with male RCA locking ends on one end.  The opposing end has 'balanced' or XLR connectors.  Male ended, to be more specific.  I used these for a while, connecting my Bryston active crossover that had XLR connectors.  Again, I liked the sound of the Truthlink cables from Harmonic Technology, and when I ran across these to replace the generic cables I had, I went for it.  They were substantially better, to my hearing and judgement, more mellow.
I am asking $150 for them, much less than I paid.

Ericus Rex

This is a dual-mono 300B amp, custom built.
It takes 2- 300B tubes (Electro Harmonix), 2- 6SN7 tubes(Electro Harmonix), and 2- 5U4GB(SovTek) tubes.    It has bias knobs on top and volume knobs on the front of the oak front.  I am looking for $550 for it.

Extra Tubes for Extra Money!:
I have a pair of Valve Art 300B and a pair of mesh 300B with gold bases, but no lettering that might be Sophia, I do not remember.  Also, GE brand 6SN7 and RCA 6SN7GB.  Also a pair of RCA 5U4GB and another pair of SovTek 5U4GB, though one of them flashed once when firing the amp up.  I will throw in all of these tubes, if you buy the amp for $250.

I can send you pictures of the extra tubes if you like, but didn't want to post them all here.

What a beauty!  Look at all that iron!

Best of luck with the sale.

DeadFish

That is some HEAVY iron, too!  I had the amp shipped to me, and it was a sonofagun paying for it, too!  :duh:
But don't let that stop you from wanting it!!  :icon_lol:

DeadFish

This is a digital cable. 
Audiodyne is the brand, and it is a 'Datalink' model, 1 meter long.  It has XLR (balanced) ends, one male, one female.
I am asking $75.
Or make me an offer I cannot refuse.

DeadFish

This is a Dual 1219 turntable.  I received it for my 21st birthday in 1972!  It has an Audio Technica AT 12 cartridge mounted on it, and it comes with another Audio Technica, ATS-13 cartridge.  This has a shibata (I think it is called)  conical stylus.  I have not used it since I got my Rega Planar 3, quite some years ago, and it has sat in my attic.  When I tried to run it earlier today, the motor did not turn of its own.  It could use a 'going over' but it was always a very nice turntable for my adult life, and not overused, as I typically would get a new album, then record it to cassette on first listen, and play the tapes over the records.  Hence, my record collection has remained quite decent.  (but we are not going towards selling IT, yet!).
Since it has two cartridges, I like to think that $100 is not too much to ask, if one is serious about having a decent turntable. It was quite the one to have, back in 'the day'!

DeadFish

This is a Garrard Music Recovery Module, that came out a number of decades ago.  It goes inline with your turntable, and it would try to eliminate 'pops' and 'clicks' from recordings, as you played it.  The way to go would be to use it, and record that play, and then play the recording.  What it would do would be to 'see' the spike in the music that characterized pops and clicks.  It worked fairly well at what it set out to do.  It got a big round of applause from reviewers, back when it came out.
I am asking $100 $80 for it.

« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2012, 12:05 am by DeadFish »

DeadFish

This is a Bryston 2B amplifier.  It produces 60w/channel.  It is an older unit, that I used for the bottom 100 hz when I biamped my Vandersteen 2ci speakers with a Bryston active crossover.  It has a little noise to it, that did not show up at the bottom 100 hz.  The power cable is attached to it.  It is hard to see, but it can be seen that the right side of the faceplate is bent in a little bit.
I am asking $200 which is incredibly low money for Bryston equipment!  I have owned a lot of Bryston gear and have been very happy with it.

DeadFish

This is a Bryston 10b crossover.  There are several kinds of crossovers that Bryston made.  Some have knobs for adjusting them.  Another kind, of which this is an example is modified internally.  I had this one adjusted by the person who sold it to me, setting the crossover for 100 hz., where I wanted it for my Vandersteen 2ci speakers.  It worked quite well for biamping those!
This unit has balanced connectors.  I will include the pair of input and the two pair of output cables with balanced connectors on the one end, and single ended (RCA) connectors on the other.
I am asking $550 for this.  If you price Bryston crossovers, they are not inexpensive.

DeadFish

This is a Magnovox, tube driven hifi, with turntable and tuner.  It is in two cabinets.  The 2nd cabinet has the second speaker, and a place to store records inside.
I am asking $100. $80!

« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2012, 12:07 am by DeadFish »

DeadFish

This is a Optimus Pro LX-5 pair of speakers.  Originally from Radio Shack, for a number of years, they were in Stereophiles list of good gear.  It has lineaum ribbon tweeters in it.  (I also have some floor standing speakers that were from the same designer, that went in front, to use these in the rear for surround sound.  Let me know if interested.)
I'm asking $90 for these.

DeadFish

Sold

These are Fostex FE 126 E drivers, one pair.  They come from my Hornshoppe Horns.  I replaced them with FE 126 EN drivers.
I am asking $50 for these.  They are fine sounding speakers.

« Last Edit: 2 Jul 2012, 02:47 pm by DeadFish »

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
You have a PM about the Fostex.

Scott