Pictures of TOTAL LOW WATT SYSTEMS (pictures and brief sentence-no more)

lennie trystero

It was a lucky find. The ad said that one of the speakers wasn't working, but it turned out the lamp cord they were using had frayed, both speakers work perfectly.

Here's a picture of the back of the driver, and another of the cabinet. Haven't figured out a way to access the front of the driver without taking everything apart.

I also managed to grab a copy of the full brochure for the Axiettes on ebay, with specs and cabinet suggestions, which I'm happy to send photos of to anyone interested (I'm assuming this isn't the place to post them).

Thank you, Dave, for those links. I've been looking at planet10 as I begin to think about what cabinets they should go into. I can also try to get a better picture if you're interested. It's nice to have a bit of that Tannoy flavor, I miss mine.

I posted about the amplifier here:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=165414.msg1757968#msg1757968

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
Closer look suggests that is a diy box.  These drivers predate T/S so to do a proper box would require measuring them.

To get to the front i expect those decorative pieces hide staples holding the cloth in place. These were often monted from the rear of the cutout, if so it should be possible to remove the screws/bolts holding them in and pull the driver.

You do probably want to ensure that the front of the drive rlooks fine.

dave

aragon63

• Dorian, Lydian, Phrygian,Jazz Minor

Vintage audio lab 4" FR driver over Alpha's 15A , 6CA7 tube amp ( 12 watts pentode strapped recently modified by Radu Tarta ),Dayton audio plate amp

Tang Band W8-1772 in MLTL enclosures ( Brines acoustics ) , QQE06/40 single ended amp ( double tetrode 5 watts , no NF )

SET Man

I posted my home system about two weeks ago, right before I left the city. After about a week I realized I couldn't do without music. Last weekend I managed to find these very cool speakers for free on CL, picked them up in the driveway without ever meeting the owners. When I opened them up they turned out to be Goodmans Axiette II 8's, terrific full-range drivers from the 50s, I'm guessing 94db. Drove back home to pick up this little integrated that runs on an old Soviet version of the 807.

Hope everyone's staying safe.

Hey!

Nice find there!  I'm sure the midrange is gorgeous. Don't burn then next the fireplace!  :lol:

Buddy

SET Man

Tang Band W8-1772 in MLTL enclosures ( Brines acoustics ) , QQE06/40 single ended amp ( double tetrode 5 watts , no NF )

Hey!

Those TB drivers look good. I check the raw driver spec sheet and is looks impressive, and should work great with back loaded horn type. How do they sound to you in those enclosures?

Buddy

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
Aragon I really like those amp stands. Did you make those? Can you talk about them a little? Tanks

Bemopti123

Hey!

Those TB drivers look good. I check the raw driver spec sheet and is looks impressive, and should work great with back loaded horn type. How do they sound to you in those enclosures?

Buddy

I bet they sound impressive in the TL enclosure....although I cannot say much about a possible horn enclosure!  My Brines TL are something special indeed!

Opus Flatus

Very much enjoying my Dennis Had Inspire set up; LP 3.1 and Universal amp right now while in quarantine. Listening to FM - WFUV.

Be well all.

Opus Flatus

sorry for the side ways post!

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
Very much enjoying my Dennis Had Inspire set up; LP 3.1 and Universal amp right now while in quarantine. Listening to FM - WFUV.

Be well all.

What speakers?

Opus Flatus

Fusion 8 DIY speaker (horn loaded tweeter and 8 in Prodriver. and GRResearch Studio Monitors.

charlieboy

Full room treatment has been complete for a while now.

50TB’s of High resolution files up to 512 DSD through modified Teac 501 with Time Machine X10 external clock, idler drive, belt drive, and direct drive turntables, Otari, Studer, and Teac reel to reel machines for 15ips master and safety copies-Radu Tarta preamp with 101d tubes selected-James Burgess 45, 46, 2a3, and 6bq5 type amplifiers -Custom built speakers with 2” Eliptrac 400 wooden horns, tweeters, Townshend super tweeters,  Crites cast woofers, and custom ALK crossovers.

This system has real synergy and is sounding amazing.

« Last Edit: 7 Aug 2020, 03:52 pm by charlieboy »

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Damn charlieboy, you do NOT mess around!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Those quadrafonic open reels are great congratulations, I wouldnt mind being your neighbor.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
  Hey charlieboy how are ya.

charles

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Eliptrac smooth wooden horns are serious, and ALK knows and understands all Klipsch!

Great work on your system design.

Best,
Anand.

charlieboy

Years of patience has finally paid off. Custom built amps, preamp, and speakers rounded out the rest of the components and the full room treatment was long overdue. Only thing still in the works are a couple turntables that are getting full restorations.

Poultrygeist

Vintage audio lab 4" FR driver over Alpha's 15A , 6CA7 tube amp ( 12 watts pentode strapped recently modified by Radu Tarta ),Dayton audio plate amp

So which do you prefer the OB's or MLTL's?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Hi Charlie,
Do you could inform us on the details of these open reel tape decks and how you purchased them?

charlieboy

Hi Charlie,
Do you could inform us on the details of these open reel tape decks and how you purchased them?

The main decks I use weekly are two TEAC a3340s models and an Otari MTR-10.