That's a sweet amp...🍿🍿🍿
Thanks man! Here's the really crazy thing about the amp. You see there's 3 transformers on the top of it, and you think, "wow those are really big output transformers on the side, but that power transformer in the middle looks a bit wimpy". But, that middle transformer is NOT the power transformer, it's the CHOKE!!!!
No, if you open it up, you can see the actual power transformer is this HUGE industrial scale transformer that takes up 50% of the space inside the amp:
Yeah, it's CRAZY!! I'd say 70% of the entire amp is basically just giant transformers, haha.
And of course I couldn't leave it "as is", as I like to tinker. So things I've done to improve it:
1. Bypass the volume pot
2. Bypass the input selector switch
3. Replace all internal wiring with UP-OCC wire from VH Audio
4. Jupiter Copper coupling caps
5. Teflon Film output caps
6. Miflex Copper foil bypass cap on the power supply
7. ETI UP-OCC input RCA jacks
8. Pure Copper, low mass Furutech binding posts
9. Tung Sol 6SL7 and 6SN7 tubes from the 1950's
It started out as an excellent sounding amp, and with all the changes (each one was small, but they were cumulative), I'd say it's one of the very best amps I've ever heard. 18 watts of pure SET bliss.