I'm poised to take delivery of the Ncores today. I'll offer as much info as possible about how they integrate with my system. I also have single ended and balanced ICs to compare. Following is a list of gear I'll be using, and a pic. SYSTEMAmp
– DIY Tripath mono blocks from HiFimeDIY, 300w@4ohms per ch. These have been modded with AudioCap Theta input caps and ASC pio caps in the power supply. Connexelectronic SMPS500R for each mono block.
Tube Audio Design TAD-1000 tube mono blocks 100w per ch.Transport
– McCormack SST-1DAC
– Tube Audio Design TDAC with cryoed Valvo E80CC gold pin tubes.Pre
– W4S STP-SE
Pass B1 Speakers
– Magnestand MMGs w/current best xover. Subwoofer
– Rythmik Audio F12G modified by Danny with about 15lbs of floor tiles adhered to the inside of cabinet walls. Interconnects
– DIY braided Neotech solid 24awg pcocc with silver over copper rca plugs.
14ft star quad ofc shielded, balanced cable with Neutrik connectors. Digital Cable
– Neotech pcocc double shielded silver with Furutech BNCs.Power Cords
– Neotech pcocc shielded three conductor with gold plated over copper Furutech plugs for pre, transport and DAC. Same wire for amps but Neotech plugs with gold over copper. Speaker Cable
– Black Cat Morpheus and various DIY. I keep coming back to the 6awg Home Depot copper with Vampire gold over copper spades. The Home Depot cables are 2ft long.Accessories
– Maple platforms, cork/rubber supports, aircraft aluminum w/some kind of vinyl multi-layered platform with spring feet for transport. 2x2 foam in strategic locations.