SB Touch: Recurrent EMPTY playlists

PSP

SB Touch: Recurrent EMPTY playlists
« on: 6 Apr 2012, 04:42 pm »
Over the last several months, SB Touch playlists begin to show "Empty" a day or two after the most recent SBS database scan.  I have never found an Empty SBT playlist immediately after a scan, but a day or two later Empty playlists begin to appear more and more frequently (I have been using the "Clear Everything and Rescan" option).

During this time period, I upgraded from SBS v 7.5.4 (never had a problem) to v 7.7.1.  I have only had problems under 7.7.1, but I don't remember if the problems started right after the update. 

Since "Clear Everything and Rescan" always fixes the problem (temporarily), the most likely scenario is that the SBS database is getting corrupted.  If that's the case, why and how?  And, what can I do about it? 

My iTunes library resides on a 4-5 year old Seagate HD; running Disk Utility Repair has never shown a problem with this drive.  I'm using a 2010 mac Mini with 320Gb HD and 8Gb ram.  It is is hardwired (Ethernet) to the SBT.  The mini is connected to the extHD by a generic USB 2.0 cable.

This problem has been such a hassle for such a long time that I'm about ready to move away from the SB Touch and go to USB--> JKenny Mk2 USB to SPDIF converter--> DAC.

Any ideas or suggestions?  I will post on the SBT forum too, but the deep Apple and iTunes experience in this group may be critical to solving my problem.

Many thanks,
Peter