90 Bit, negative jitter - digital breakthrough!!!

db audio labs

• Industry Participant
90 Bit, negative jitter - digital breakthrough!!!
« on: 1 Apr 2012, 07:17 pm »

We'd like to announce a new technological breakthrough in digital design! The new innovative digital engine will have a full 90 bits of resolution without any jitter whatsoever. In fact, this super digital engine will actually have a negative jitter rating of possibly minus 50 or even lower  :o

Per an industry recording engineer : These breakthroughs with this negative jitter system have shocked my peers within the recording industry! In a recent test, this negative jitter system had one recording engineer who mastered an original album stating -

"There were three guitars now present in my recording and I don't remember us having a third guitar in the studio! I am actually hearing details throughout the entire recording with this negative jitter system that I just don't recall from the recording session. It is almost like the system is creating instruments out of thin air! I just wish that more digital systems had a jitter rating below the zero threshold. This way everyone could experience what this does to our recordings! I now am planning on re-mastering our entire catalog so it has a jitter rating of at least minus 25." 

Per chief scientist Dr L. - Our research found a way to not only increase the bit depth very close to the 100 mark but we suspect that the storage of these large 90 bit files will be adequate in just a few years. Currently it takes about 1.4 Terabytes per album, when the music is recorded at full 90 bits. Thankfully, with the upcoming multi-thousand Terabyte drives being developed, those large music files will not be an issue. Lastly, Dr. Lirpa stated that he plans on making his own personal DUAL 90 bit digital system giving him a full 180 bits of resolution.  :thumb:

Dr. L stated: -

"A pricey 180 bit digital system like my personal design won't be something I'd suggest that we bring to market anytime soon. But, with a few exotic digital devices now available between the $50K and $100K price points, who knows? I suppose we could contact some of those rich audiophiles who currently own such pricey digital and ask them for a deposit?"

Dr. L later reflected -

"Then again, I suspect these unique audiophiles with these sort of "Uber funds" may be holding out for the next generation digital systems that will have the ability to transport you to the music venue itself, via a new digital reconstruction engine very similar to the digital transporters on the Starship Enterprise." 

:green: :green: :green:

charmerci

Re: 90 Bit, negative jitter breakthrough DAC!
« Reply #1 on: 1 Apr 2012, 07:41 pm »
Oh yeah, I forgot about Dr. Lirpa. The scientist that comes through with major breakthroughs every year at this time!  :green:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: 90 Bit, negative jitter breakthrough digital!
« Reply #2 on: 1 Apr 2012, 07:52 pm »
I GOTTA GET ONE!!!!..............but, wait.  Does it sound like music?

That is one of the funniest posts that I have seen in a while.   :thumb:

Dave

werd

Re: 90 Bit, negative jitter digital breakthrough!!!
« Reply #3 on: 1 Apr 2012, 07:57 pm »
I believe this to be true

brj

Re: 90 Bit, negative jitter digital breakthrough!!!
« Reply #4 on: 1 Apr 2012, 08:06 pm »
Lirpa... nice touch!

pinon

Re: 90 Bit, negative jitter - digital breakthrough!!!
« Reply #5 on: 1 Apr 2012, 10:11 pm »
Good for Lirpa! I am so pleased that there is finally a technology with great specs. What I don't get, is why my 16 bit Tranquility sounds so good! :D

Rclark

« Reply #6 on: 1 Apr 2012, 11:11 pm »
If this post has caused anyone any trauma upon discovering the fakeness, as we have been waiting for negative jitter for ages, I would suggest a class action lawsuit.

johnnydarko

« Reply #7 on: 2 Apr 2012, 01:12 am »
Lirpa herpa derp.

PMAT

« Reply #8 on: 2 Apr 2012, 04:57 am »
Lirpa herpa derp.
That is freaking funny! I really dont care who you are!

DeadFish

« Reply #9 on: 2 Apr 2012, 05:12 am »
Is it also "April Fools Day" where this was posted?

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #10 on: 2 Apr 2012, 05:24 pm »
Well, it is Monday, April 2 here in Texas and the post indicates it was done yesterday, so using my computational skills, YES, it was April Fool's day when he posted it.

Best 4/1 post I've seen in a long time  :thumb:

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #11 on: 3 Apr 2012, 12:31 am »
Dr Lirpa has been working on a new technology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lmh4X6hiSo

:green: