Airport Express and Squeezebox Touch into one DAC.

flyingelephant

I have a few Airport Expresses running in the house - with various DACs,mini-toslink cables and analog eqpt.
I am setting up a small system for my bedroom, which will consist of Emotiva Pro Airmotiv 4 powered speakers and a Schitt Bifrost dac. I have an Airport Express free which I could use, but I'mintrigued by the Squeezebox. Most of my music is Redbook audio rips from cds on the iMac in my office. I also like to listen to SiriusXm and Pandora internet radio - stuff the Squeezebox is good at. Can I have both the AE and the SB set up to run on my dac - switching between them as I see fit? ANyone see any probelm with this idea? Is the SB just overkill?
Your thoughts very much appreciated!

flyingelephant

Re: Airport Express and Squeezebox Touch into one DAC.
« Reply #1 on: 2 Apr 2012, 02:46 am »
Bump.
So - are none of you using both an Airport Express and a Squeezebox at the same time?  If not, do you have a preference?
Thanks.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2 on: 2 Apr 2012, 02:53 am »
Yes, I use them both, into the same DAC.

The Touch wins, hands down, due to it's ability to play HiRes. But, no, there are absolutely no problems using each, or either.  :thumb:

flyingelephant

« Reply #3 on: 2 Apr 2012, 11:24 am »
Thanks for answering. If the SB Touch is your preference, what do you use the Airport Express for? Thanks?