Why I like headphones

ajzepp

Re: Why I like headphones
« Reply #20 on: 27 Mar 2012, 02:37 am »
Zepp, please let me know how the T1's sound. Break in withstanding

Milford: I didn't spend a ton of time with the DT880s, but the T1s are a pretty significant step up from what I've experienced so far. I'm accustomed to planar quality bass with my Magnepans, and I dare say the bass on the T1s approaches that level of quality. It's really very impressive. So far I really can't find many shortcomings at all...bass is great...midrange is very present and well articulated...top end is maybe just a TAD bright, but I tend to like that. Very balanced overall and very engaging. Lots and lots of detail...a startling amount, actually. I only paid $940 for them new, but I feel the full retail of $1295 is fully justified given the performance. I love my Grado 325s but this headphone is superior to that one. I'm surprised I'm liking it this much, actually!

Landgreen

« Reply #21 on: 5 May 2012, 02:03 am »
Here's another reason why I like headphones...they look awesome!! :)

Who makes the stand? Very nice.

ajzepp

« Reply #22 on: 5 May 2012, 02:52 am »
Who makes the stand? Very nice.

It's a Larry Dale stand from headphile.com

I wanted something nice for my reference cans...and it's very nice  :thumb:

jimbones

Love my HD650's
« Reply #23 on: 5 May 2012, 04:55 pm »
I also bought a pair of HD650's used. Got a good deal with Cardas cable. I find the mid a little recessed but really nice sounding overall. Love em. I buy used so I have broken in equipment and save $$$$  :thumb:

Freo-1

« Reply #24 on: 5 May 2012, 04:59 pm »
I've got a Denon AH-D5000.  Very nice sounding headphones.

http://usa.denon.com/us/Product/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?PCatId=Headphones(DenonNA)&CatId=OverEar(DenonNA)&Pid=AHD5000(DenonNA)

BTW, anyone own the Koss ESP 950?  I'm curious as to how they sound.

2bigears

« Reply #25 on: 5 May 2012, 06:52 pm »
 :D   good thread.... Love the T1 looks..Not to start anything silly,,but how do they compare to the Grado 1000's ????   Anyone have any thoughts as head thingies are my next purchase....
     Thks  Pat  :D

ajzepp

« Reply #26 on: 5 May 2012, 09:08 pm »
:D   good thread.... Love the T1 looks..Not to start anything silly,,but how do they compare to the Grado 1000's ????   Anyone have any thoughts as head thingies are my next purchase....
     Thks  Pat  :D

I can tell you how the T1s compare to the Grado PS500s, but not the 1000s. And I can also tell you that if those are the two pairs on your short list, you have excellent taste my friend :)

2bigears

« Reply #27 on: 5 May 2012, 11:13 pm »
 :D  Yes,i have been thrown into the between the ears only world.. And that's not a straight line line some think..... Inbetween is a serious rocky - hilly tortuous path only science will figure out post- mortem.....  :D  I need a good set of headphones NOW.....anybody steers me there i thank you in advance.... Please and thanks..... :D

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #28 on: 5 May 2012, 11:49 pm »
The only headphones that I won't part with are my Stax Sigmas.
You have 3.6s so if you want that sound I will steer you to the Stax lineup.
I'm going to go listen to them right now, good night everybody.