Jet's get Tebow

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Jet's get Tebow
« on: 21 Mar 2012, 05:45 pm »
   A blessing or a dilema. Sanchez better wake up and produce. It all depends who trains Tebow at the Jets. He has the potential just needs a great QB coach. Brunelll ? I say bring in Joe Willie again.

charles

kbuzz3

Re: Jet's get Tebow
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2012, 06:09 pm »
Wow i did not know there was such a hot market for mediocre qbs. 

PS: As a new yorker i recommend that tebow brush up and emphasize his old testament stuff.  More old then new is this part of the woods.  :duh:  [insert politically incorrect response to politically incorrect joke here]

milford3

« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2012, 06:10 pm »
I feel sorry for all Jet fans.  Then again I feel sorry for all Jet fans every year. 

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2012, 07:34 pm »
Poor Tebow. He is going to get reamed by the N.Y. press corp in Rex Ryan's last season as head coach.

There's got to be a major cleansing coming at Jets HQ.

Did they do anything worthwhile in free agency? Did they even keep their own free agents?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2012, 08:59 am »
A Christian southern boy in the Big Apple.  Well, all he has to do is win and the fans will get behind him.   What must the Jets be thinking?  They extended Sanchez for a tidy sum and shelled out some more for Tebow?  If Sanchez can't produce, will Tebow?  Fascinated, I am.  This could get very nasty or get to be interesting.     

rodge827

« Reply #5 on: 22 Mar 2012, 12:03 pm »
Tim's friend Jeremy Lin is enjoying some well deserved praise from Nu Yawkas at the moment  :).
The media has already dubbed the two Linbow :?.
Let the circus begin  :P.

jjc1

« Reply #6 on: 22 Mar 2012, 01:21 pm »
  It's all a publicity stunt by Jets management. Even Joe Willy can't believe it. Of course the Jets are always trying to steal The NY headlines from the Giants, but it never works. :banghead:

The Big Apple is Big Blue and will always be.  :lol:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #7 on: 22 Mar 2012, 02:18 pm »
   A blessing or a dilema. Sanchez better wake up and produce. It all depends who trains Tebow at the Jets. He has the potential just needs a great QB coach. Brunelll ? I say bring in Joe Willie again.

charles
Carlos, I like your attitude.  This kid has a halo around him and he's gonna be at the center of controversy if and until he can win a championship.  And in New York, holy smokes, Batman!!  Tebow has faith, alright.  I hope he has balls to go with it.  Wouldn't that be be something?  Go, kid! 

Berto

« Reply #8 on: 22 Mar 2012, 02:34 pm »
Shit, I thought the deal was off. :o Well the Jets do need another blocker for JPP to run over  :) Maybe they will use him like they did with Brad Smith, doubt he wakes up and starts throwing 300yd games every week which is basically what it takes to play with the big boys.

12tone

« Reply #9 on: 22 Mar 2012, 02:53 pm »
 If all the Broncos could get for Tebow are  two draft choices, what does the rest of the NFL think of Tebow's viability as a starting  NFL quarterback? If the Jets want to get better just follow what the Giants do- let your football people make decisions- not the owner chasing publicity. If the Giants evaluated Eli Manning the way the Jets evaluate Mark Sanchez, They would not have won two Super Bowls!

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #10 on: 22 Mar 2012, 03:06 pm »
  As a former Quarterback myself I guess I see something of value in Tebow.  One tough kid, with desire to learn. Not all QBs start off well. Remember the Mannings learning curve when they first played.  How many interceptions ? Not saying he is a Manning but he has talent. If the Jet's can utilize those talents properly we may see some good games. Sanchez needs a wake up call. As of now he is very overrated. His third year will tell all.
    BTW lets lose the religion stuff guys. He is a budding football player and a great role model for children. Not a Christian target. Please give it a rest.

charles

charles

ThomDP

« Reply #11 on: 22 Mar 2012, 03:06 pm »
Can Tebow play linebacker, or defensive end?  :duh: Can he provide a pass rush  :scratch:

Same old Jets.  :icon_twisted:

Can Blair Thomas come out of retirement?  :thumb:

jermmd

« Reply #12 on: 22 Mar 2012, 03:08 pm »
I hope this lights a fire under Sanchez. I think he can become a premiere QB if he stops the stupid mistakes. He has the skills. It won't matter either way if they don't improve the offensive line-especially the right tackle.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #13 on: 22 Mar 2012, 03:42 pm »
Jets first season under Ryan was quite promising. They looked like the rising power. But once Rexy got things the way he wanted them, the slide began. Now they are looking bereft of direction, confused, guessing. Not that the Tebow acquisition is their worst move, but it isn't going to be positive. He'll have his couple of games where the luck he experienced in Denver resurfaces. Just remember he played on a team with a 4-12 schedule after a very bad McDaniels year, and he had a lot of breaks. He barely beat the Bears with Haney at QB. If Cutler was playing that would have been an L and no playoffs. Likewise, San Diego win was by field goal after SD's sub kicker missed one. Would have been another loss. And Denver's defense and special teams scored a full one third of Denver's points while Tebow was QB. I watched every Denver game, as usual, and saw that Tebow flubbed and floundered most of the time.

I don't give a damn about his religion. He's not the only dummy looking devout in the face of good fortune. Athletes of all stripes, sports, nationalities and races and affiliations carry superstitions. Some won't step on the foul line, or change their socks, or shave, or play on Jewish Holidays, or use a different bat. Whatever makes them comfortable. It's hardly worthy of headlines.

More than anything, the Jets need a real coach. And while I'm on the subject, I believe that the problems can always be traced upstairs. Ultimately, more often than not, it's the owners that need to be replaced if a team is to win consistently.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #14 on: 22 Mar 2012, 07:07 pm »
This a wasted post. I'm trying to post a picture from my iPhoto library. No luck. People have tried in the past to show me how - hopeless.

Why is this so convoluted?

I will email this to someone who wants to post it for me. I'm quite functional outside the AC system

kbuzz3

« Reply #15 on: 22 Mar 2012, 08:44 pm »

BTW lets lose the religion stuff guys. He is a budding football player and a great role model for children. Not a Christian target. Please give it a rest.

charles

Sorry charles i disagree. I think he's a terrible role model. [You can Insert various reasons here]

As for the the religion part -- like it or hate it -- its the best part of tebow circus. Certainly it aint his talent-or lack thereof

So for the purpose of adding fuel to the fire you must remember that this is NY.  I direct your attention to when a young pitcher named David Cohen first came to NY.  If i recall right it was stated on the air that he declined a number of speaking engagements/invitations because they were sent by organizations who assumed his religious status.  If you think tebow can ignore the regligion thing in new york you are as they say "sadly misstaken":

Bottom line, I wont be surprised to see him to put the star of david traces into his eyeblack in a media mongering move to new yorkers.   Ultimatley he think he will act like the owen wilson character in the first faulker movie....

As for your football related comments, i agree. I think he has the will and skills to become a great QB.  Hes just not there yet.  Remember Eli was awful for a few years and look where that got him

putz

« Reply #16 on: 22 Mar 2012, 08:50 pm »
Jets went downhill when they let Brad Smith go. Hopefully Tebow can replace him although I can't imagine he has the same quickness as Smith. Sparano is a Wildcat guy and Tebow's best attribute is running the Wildcat.

Sanchez will start unless he's a total disaster. He did win like 4 road playoff games so he has some ability. He just needs to learn how to throw the ball away when he's under pressure instead of taking a 12 yard sack/fumble. Ugh!!!

cujobob

« Reply #17 on: 22 Mar 2012, 08:53 pm »
  As a former Quarterback myself I guess I see something of value in Tebow.  One tough kid, with desire to learn. Not all QBs start off well. Remember the Mannings learning curve when they first played.  How many interceptions ? Not saying he is a Manning but he has talent. If the Jet's can utilize those talents properly we may see some good games. Sanchez needs a wake up call. As of now he is very overrated. His third year will tell all.

charles

charles

Rookies throw INTs...that's common. Peyton Manning played on a ridiculously bad football team for his entire career and is now probably the best to play the position, I don't think it's really fair to compare Tebow to someone with a lot of talent. Tebow is a fullback that likes to throw a little. Maybe he'll be interesting in the Wildcat, I don't know, but I think the Jets are making a mistake by not giving Drew Stanton a chance. He seemed to have come a long way in his time here in Detroit.

rodge827

« Reply #18 on: 22 Mar 2012, 08:55 pm »
Sorry charles i disagree. I think he's a terrible role model. [Insert various reasons here]

As for the the religion part -- like it or hate it -- its the best part of tebow circus.

So for the purpose of adding fuel to the fire: I cant wait for him to put the star of david traces into his eyeblack.   I think he will be just like the owen wilson character in the first faulker movie....

Audio Circle does have a no religion policy  -- like it or hate it -- you too must abide!

Please discuss Tim Tebow as a football player only, and keep all opinions about his faith to yourself!

kbuzz3

« Reply #19 on: 22 Mar 2012, 08:58 pm »
Audio Circle does have a no religion policy  -- like it or hate it -- you too must abide!

Please discuss Tim Tebow as a football player only, and keep all opinions about his faith to yourself!

Ok will abide by the policy. Although I dont think anyone would disagree that by now tebow as a noun, verb or adjective as already entered the language as a religious connotation by definition. Moderator feel free to delete my prior post.

Do "role model" comments violate the policy?