Saints Get Slammed

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Re: Saints Get Slammed
« Reply #20 on: 22 Mar 2012, 04:13 am »
You are right on the Steeler's SB history.  Just wanted to see if I could get a rise out of a few folks.   :lol: :thumb:

cujobob

« Reply #21 on: 22 Mar 2012, 05:31 am »
Athletes have gotten too big and fast. When I think about it, I compare it to what the movie Food Inc. discusses where we have found a way to make animals and crops larger with a shorter turnaround. You kill the flavor, but get more bang for your buck. Eventually, we find out it's killing people. Or at least...act like it's surprising at that point.

I'd agree that the safety equipment could actually be a big part of this mess. Helmets and shoulder pads are used as weapons. Or if you're a defensive tackle for the Lions, even cleats  :duh:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #22 on: 23 Mar 2012, 11:38 am »
I just read that the St. Paul Saints are getting in on this bounty business by offering cash for hits. Since they are a minor league baseball team, they may well get away with it.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #23 on: 24 Mar 2012, 02:30 am »
You are right on the Steeler's SB history.  Just wanted to see if I could get a rise out of a few folks.   :lol: :thumb:

Yeah, I figured you'd take the return jab in good humor.  Not quite sure about jjc1, those New Yawkers get pertty snooty about big blue.  I'll be ducking about now, excuse me.....

BTW, go St. Paul, eh.