Peyton grows up - once a Colt, Now a Bronco

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: Peyton grows up - once a Colt, Now a Bronco
« Reply #20 on: 20 Mar 2012, 04:28 am »
In Tebow's first year as a starter he led his 1-4 team to the playoffs. He'd do fine as a back up.  :thumb:

ajzepp

« Reply #21 on: 20 Mar 2012, 06:24 am »
Congrats, Macrojack! The upcoming season has the potential to be one of the most interesting in quite some time. Less than six months til kickoff!!!  :thumb:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #22 on: 20 Mar 2012, 11:32 am »
Let me preface these comments by saying there are millions of us who got sick of the overblown hype about Tebow last season, but nobody hates him. That's part of the problem actually, that he is very likable, but he is not an NFL quarterback. He doesn't have pocket skills. He isn't an accurate passer. He could, perhaps, learn to read defenses. He might fit into certain offensive schemes but a traditional, old-fashioned, conservative  Fox/Elway program is not the right fit.

There is some chance that the hoodie will get him for a song and re-unite him with Josh McD. The Patriots, more than any other team, find creative ways to use their personnel.
Miami, in their consistently bumbling fashion, has painted themselves into a corner and could potentially bring Tebow in to challenge Matt Moore.

Otherwise, Tebow might be out of luck. Any team that uses a typical drop back offense cannot change everything spontaneously to accommodate Tebow as a sub. I might have guessed Jags because of the possibility of running an option offense with MJD but I think they have all the QBs they want now.

There's always missionary work available. And then politics when he's a little older.

I hope the Donks get Kellen Moore to back up, and learn from, Manning. That would be a solid build the future move.

craig223

« Reply #23 on: 21 Mar 2012, 05:49 pm »
Tebow is going to the Jets.  Tebow will be the 4th QB on the Jets.  He might be a full back who occasionally throws the ball!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #24 on: 22 Mar 2012, 06:49 am »
Payton Manning will be an improvement at QB, but I think someone needs to inject a dose of reality into this.  He's not the greatest QB playing, heck he's not even the best Manning playing!  In 14 years with a team designed and built around him he won 1 SB and lost 1 (and wouldn't have even been in that one if the refs hadn't gave them a phony 5 TD swing vs the Pats in the playoffs).

Manning is a stat-god and great regular season player. He's great against the bottom 2/3 of NFL teams.  His playoff record is nothing to hyperventilate about.

The saddest thing about this is that taking the Broncos gig seems like pure ego to me.  He could have gone to SF and have a good chance at winning several SBs.  They're one of the best, most balanced teams in the NFL.  They should have been in the SB.  (Really the 3rd and 4th best teams ended up playing, but as they say "that's why they play the games").  But to go there Manning would have to play QB, not offensive coordinator.  He's always had his own way and Denver is the only team that will kiss his ass and let him run the team.

He pointed out that given the time spent rehabbing the neck he wouldn't have time to learn another offense.  Um, okay...let's make the other 20 guys learn yours.  :roll: :wink:

Oh well, it should be an interesting year at least.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #25 on: 22 Mar 2012, 02:37 pm »
I've got my fingers crossed, my eyes crunched shut and I'm wishing real hard but I don't honestly think Manning's skills are going to take the Bronkies any further into the playoffs than Tebow's luck did.

OTOH I'm certain that Manning will have a regular season record much better than Tebow's against a much tougher schedule. Denver has some very good receivers that Tebow was unable to find most of the time.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #26 on: 31 Aug 2012, 12:34 am »
Based on what I've seen so far, Manning can lead this team to the playoffs.

dB Cooper

« Reply #27 on: 31 Aug 2012, 12:48 am »
I fear for Manning's health. He may be one brutal hit away from being permanently disabled. He got his ring, he had a good career, screw it, retire! That roar-of-the-crowd thing must be like heroin. I also think Rob Babcock's analysis of him as a player is essentially correct.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #28 on: 31 Aug 2012, 01:19 am »
I fear for Manning's health. He may be one brutal hit away from being permanently disabled. He got his ring, he had a good career, screw it, retire! That roar-of-the-crowd thing must be like heroin. I also think Rob Babcock's analysis of him as a player is essentially correct.

I agree, I think somewhere in the season, you'll see Manning be put to stud by the Broncos and Peyton will retire to the pasture so he can sire many more Colts,,,, it's where his heart is.  :lol:

But it should be fun to watch while it lasts,,,, I'll be there with my DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket. :hyper: :dance:

Cheers,
Robin

LadyDog

« Reply #29 on: 10 Sep 2012, 03:36 am »
Off to a good start............

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #30 on: 10 Sep 2012, 03:39 am »
Off to a good start............

Maybe a great start?  8) Time will tell,,,, but tonight, the light shines bright in the Mile High City.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #31 on: 10 Sep 2012, 03:50 am »
We Raven fans appreciate seeing Big Ben manhandled.  :thumb:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #32 on: 10 Sep 2012, 04:05 am »
Yep, he was great to watch and hope the best for him lays ahead.  I think his team kinda likes him, too.  They don't win tonite w/o him.

jackman

« Reply #33 on: 10 Sep 2012, 12:25 pm »
The King is back.  I'm not a Broncos fan but it's impossible for me not to root for Manning. He is the best QB in the game and possibly the best if all time. He looked sharp and in mid-season form.  Did you see him run for that first down?  The old man has decent wheels!  Don't know how long his body will hold up but it's fun while it lasts.

The Broncos beat a tough Steeler team. They are for real.

Marbles

« Reply #34 on: 10 Sep 2012, 01:32 pm »
I only watched the last quarter of the game.  My impression after watching him for the previous 13 years or so was that he was as accurate as he has ever been, but he didn't have the ZIP on the ball I was used to seeing.
He is a class act.  His aftergame interview was a praisefest of everyone else.