Jim Jarmusch's "Coffee & Cigarettes" coming so

Tonto Yoder

« on: 15 May 2004, 10:45 pm »
Saw this movie reviewed on Ebert and Not-Ebert At the Movies: opens soon in NY and LA. Trailer is available at site below--
http://www.coffeeandcigarettesmovie.com/

eico1

trogen hoessecthought.e
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2004, 11:22 pm »
I'd be sure to have your virus protection up to date before visiting that site, I seem to get a trojan from there.

steve

Tonto Yoder

Re: trogen hoessecthought.e
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2004, 01:41 am »
Quote from: eico1
I'd be sure to have your virus protection up to date before visiting that site, I seem to get a trojan from there.

steve

Switched link to the movie's official site, so hopefully that will avoid any problems.

cjr888

« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2004, 03:28 am »
Very much looking forward to this movie...

Tonto Yoder

« Reply #4 on: 1 Aug 2004, 07:03 pm »
Quote from: cjr888

Did you ever see this??  It  played locally but I had to go out of town, and it had gone by the time I got back.

cjr888

« Reply #5 on: 1 Aug 2004, 10:58 pm »
Quote from: Tonto Yoder
Quote from: cjr888

Did you ever see this??  It  played locally but I had to go out of town, and it had gone by the time I got back.

Work schedule has been rough, and I haven't quite been in touch with the rest of the world, especially events over the past several months.  Didn't even realize that it had come and gone already in NYC...and just searched the VV and all NJ listings and not anywhere.  Argh!

At least the DVD release isn't trailing it by that far.  Per Amazon, looks like a September 21st release.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002I83Z4/ref=ase_imdb-adbox/002-9452714-3802460?v=glance&s=dvd

dwk

« Reply #6 on: 2 Aug 2004, 03:06 pm »
Cool that the DVD is being released so quickly. I'm a Jarmusch fan, but missed the theatrical run, so this is a must buy. Maybe I can get a 2-pack with 'Stranger than Paradise' which I still don't have.

Tonto Yoder

« Reply #7 on: 2 Aug 2004, 09:30 pm »
Quote from: dwk
Cool that the DVD is being released so quickly.

Could it be due to "Coffee/Cigs" having been shown in short forms years ago?? It first appeared in '86,  and had two other releases of groups of the episodes.  What just ran in theaters was a final collection of all the episodes.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000464/