Need preamp suggestions

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: Need preamp suggestions
« Reply #21 on: 14 Mar 2012, 06:23 pm »
Maxcast - Thank you for the purge.

I'm somewhat open to deviations from my stipulated requirements. I just listed what I wanted strictly in order to keep the field from migrating into absurdity. Likewise I wanted to avoid time-wasting tube evangelism. I've been at this a long while and know what I am doing for the most part but I am not as familiar as most of you with what's now available. That's what I'm really after --- preamp possibilities I would not know about without your input.

wilsynet

« Reply #22 on: 14 Mar 2012, 07:32 pm »
Wyred4Sound STP-SE preamplifier.  No phono stage, but seems to have everything else.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #23 on: 15 Mar 2012, 02:43 pm »
jhm731-  Thanks for the Sanders mention. That piece checks all the boxes and it's made right here in Colorado (maybe). I would never have stumbled across that one without your help.

I noticed in my research that the Sanders preamp may be a Coda with a new face. Or, at least, a Coda lineage.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #24 on: 15 Mar 2012, 02:45 pm »
I noticed in my research that the Sanders preamp may be a Coda with a new face. Or, at least, a Coda lineage.
That's very interesting....Roger claims that he designs everything himself too.   :scratch:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #25 on: 15 Mar 2012, 04:30 pm »
Jason - I found the following post on Audiogon Forums:

5-29-11: Timlub
I know nothing of anything new coming from Roger, but up to at least very recentyly, he paid Coda for their technology and built his own goods using Coda boards and chassis. If you call Doug Dale at Coda, he will give you age and model comparisons based on the Coda board in the Sanders or Innersound products that you are looking at.
The current Coda stuff is very good indeed, it is worth the phone call as Coda sells manufacturer direct only in the US.
Timlub  (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

Apparently Sanders Sound evolved from a failed company called Innersound, of which Roger Sanders was a part. Another post in a different thread said that Roger bought boards and tech from Coda but makes everything himself in Conifer, Colorado. If that is true, and he sells 6 units a year, Sanders Sound would be the industrial titan of Conifer, a sleepy little mountain town about 40 minutes west of Denver.

spectralman

« Reply #26 on: 19 Nov 2012, 01:20 am »
I hope you're still looking at this thread Macro.  I own a Capri with a phono section, although I haven't used that part.  The line section however is great, very detailed, tremendously micro and macrodynamic, very musical (there's that word again).  I cannot stand thin sounding components and had tube preamps with SS power amps for the past 10 years or so.  The Capri changed my mind.  I don't know what power amp you are going to be matching it with but Rowland gear does have great synergy together.  I'm currently using it with an old Model 5.  Possibly, I would some day like to find some iteration of a Model 8.