Manhattan Jazz Quintet

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Manhattan Jazz Quintet
« on: 3 Mar 2012, 06:00 pm »
This is a group that I have followed for a couple of years, and was looking for a copy of "Take Five: Live at the Symphony Hall " -- but the prices :o Repeated searches all come up with $500+ for a cd.  Can anyone explain this?

srb

Re: Manhattan Jazz Quintet
« Reply #1 on: 3 Mar 2012, 06:42 pm »
Don't know, but most of the albums seem to be imports and very pricey.  Importcds.com lists a bunch and they are all out of stock.

Amazon has a few Manhattan Jazz Quintet CDs that say they are in stock for < less than $20

Come Together (2006) - $17.99 / 1 left in stock

Manteca (1995) - $13.42 / 2 left in stock

And a few other selections at $33.13 each.

Like importcds.com, many are out of stock and the other albums are substantially more expensive.  Why Amazon has a copy of Live at Symphony Hall at $657.90 used I can't imagine.  I also can't imagine many (any?) takers at that price.

Steve

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Manhattan Jazz Quintet
« Reply #2 on: 3 Mar 2012, 07:12 pm »
I occasionally see a ridiculous price at Amazon, but in the case of the Take 5 album, other places on the web have similar several hundred dollar prices for a cd.  I've never seen that before.  Is this common for Japanese jazz?
This group has put out some very fine audiophile albums commanding higher prices- $25 to $50 for a cd.  Some are worth the bonus (My Funny Valentine, Autumn Leaves), others not so much(Live at the Pit Inn). I was listening to the samples on "Come Together"... hits and misses.