Just made the investment on HT2-TL and HTC center

DBeistel

Just made the investment on HT2-TL and HTC center
« on: 2 Mar 2012, 03:16 pm »
I've been looking a Salk speakers ever since I heard Texas Steve's HT3's a few years ago. Now I have started the waiting process; hopefully it won't be to bad as I have to finish my HT room. :D

won ton on

Re: Just made the investment on HT2-TL and HTC center
« Reply #1 on: 2 Mar 2012, 04:41 pm »
DBiestel........your really going to like the ht2-tl's. what finish did you get,mine are pau ferro rosewood.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 2 Mar 2012, 04:51 pm »
Beast of a speaker.  Feed it well!!

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #3 on: 2 Mar 2012, 05:22 pm »
welcome to the Salk family and glad Steve could help you catch the bug

what will you be using for surrounds?

DBeistel

« Reply #4 on: 2 Mar 2012, 05:38 pm »
won ton
I got the standard curly walnut finish; had the WAF to deal with; my wife really likes the way the walnut looks; also we couldn't see using specialty veneer considering the speakers are in a HT room that will have dim lighting.

Big Red Machine I plan on using the Earthquake sound CineNova Grande 7 amp.

Audiotom I will be using in-ceiling DEF-Tech due to my typical room over a garage; 5' knee walls and a sloped ceiling; The rear surrounds are DEF Tech BPX's. I will use the Salks 50-50 for music and movies. In the future I may end up getting more Salk's for the surrounds.

Nuance

« Reply #5 on: 2 Mar 2012, 08:20 pm »
Welcome to the Salk family buddy!

vintagebob

DBeistel

« Reply #7 on: 3 Mar 2012, 04:59 am »
When I receive my speakers and have them set-up I'll add my info and location to the audition list

DBeistel

« Reply #8 on: 14 May 2012, 11:55 pm »
Speakers were picked up today and should be delivered on Wednesday.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #9 on: 14 May 2012, 11:59 pm »
Speakers were picked up today and should be delivered on Wednesday.

I thought you were in Pittsburgh.  I am headed there Thursday and Friday.  Thought I could help you set them up.  Oh well.

DBeistel

« Reply #10 on: 15 May 2012, 01:36 am »
Thanks Big Red for the offer but I live in NC.; was born in Pittsburgh hence the Steeler logo. If you are ever near Raleigh, NC you are welcome to stop by.

vintagebob

« Reply #11 on: 15 May 2012, 04:18 am »
You're going to have fun...

:green:

texas steve

« Reply #12 on: 15 May 2012, 07:14 pm »
Your gonna love them Danny as you stated my HT3s (LRC and surrounds) are fab!  Welcome to the Salk Family!

DBeistel

« Reply #13 on: 17 May 2012, 01:31 am »
Speakers arrive today and after lugging them up a set of stairs and not being able to wait for my HT room to be finished; I hooked the HT2's to an older Yamaha A/V receiver; also I couldn't get the demo CD to play in an older Yamaha DVD player so I listened to some of my CDs. I started with some Dave Sanborn, Dave Koz, R.E.M., Gladiator soundtrack etc..and all I can say is WOW!!!! these speakers sound great. I then remembered I had a new OPPO 93 for the HT room and hooked it up to the Yamaha receiver and played Jim's demo CD. The sound from the CD stepped the speakers up to a much higher level of sound. When I listened to the Lyle Lovett song I could have sworn my sub was on but I remembered I set the front speakers to large to see how the bass sounded; I was not disappointed.

I will post pictures this weekend and when my HT room is finished I'll write a better review.

Thanks Jim for a great pair of sounding speakers for me to enjoy my music.

dduval

« Reply #14 on: 17 May 2012, 01:55 am »
Good stuff! Looking forward to your in depth review, congrats!

texas steve

« Reply #15 on: 17 May 2012, 02:19 am »
Danny has been a friend of mine for 20+ years.  in the last couple of years he has heard my HT3s here in Texas, and was wooed by their sound.   I told Jim about the Houston Audio Society that had come by when I first got them and they were blown away as well.

So Danny finally bit the bullet and got some HT2s (that means he got his money and wife to be in the same hemisphere).  He called me when they arrived today and I truly think he wet his pants!!  All I could here was "wow", "Geeezzz", "man" Anyway, welcome Danny to the family, and fabulous sound that makes your skin tingle!
 :icon_lol:

Speakers arrive today and after lugging them up a set of stairs and not being able to wait for my HT room to be finished; I hooked the HT2's to an older Yamaha A/V receiver; also I couldn't get the demo CD to play in an older Yamaha DVD player so I listened to some of my CDs. I started with some Dave Sanborn, Dave Koz, R.E.M., Gladiator soundtrack etc..and all I can say is WOW!!!! these speakers sound great. I then remembered I had a new OPPO 93 for the HT room and hooked it up to the Yamaha receiver and played Jim's demo CD. The sound from the CD stepped the speakers up to a much higher level of sound. When I listened to the Lovedovett song I could have sworn my sub was on but I remembered I set the front speakers to large to see how the bass sounded; I was not disappointed.

I will post pictures this weekend and when my HT room is finished I'll write a better review.

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #16 on: 17 May 2012, 03:05 am »
Speakers arrive today and after lugging them up a set of stairs and not being able to wait for my HT room to be finished; I hooked the HT2's to an older Yamaha A/V receiver; also I couldn't get the demo CD to play in an older Yamaha DVD player so I listened to some of my CDs. I started with some Dave Sanborn, Dave Koz, R.E.M., Gladiator soundtrack etc..and all I can say is WOW!!!! these speakers sound great. I then remembered I had a new OPPO 93 for the HT room and hooked it up to the Yamaha receiver and played Jim's demo CD. The sound from the CD stepped the speakers up to a much higher level of sound. When I listened to the Lyle Lovett song I could have sworn my sub was on but I remembered I set the front speakers to large to see how the bass sounded; I was not disappointed.

Oh yeah!  Love that moment!  Enjoy!

........Peter