Biker Scum, Rejoice!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Re: Biker Scum, Rejoice!
« Reply #20 on: 21 Jun 2012, 12:31 am »
Good deal.
I don't know if ASB makes two sizes or not but the one I have went on the S1 as it was too big for the S2.
The rear isolators bite even with the removeable sideplates; if you need a hand bring it over and we'll wrassle it into submission.
I stuck an S3 motor/cast swing arm/exhaust, etc. into my S2 and it took a weekend of steady plugging away at it.  I really need to get the Purple Nurple back on the road, that's a wonderful motorcycle.
That's a pretty S1 but I can see a few updates that could stand to be done...
Keep the shiny side up!

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #21 on: 21 Jun 2012, 01:17 am »
i was unaware that the tube size was any different between s1/s2/x1.  i was also unaware of any different brace dimensions offered by anyone for the s1 or s2; afaik, they were all the same.  i know the x1 doesn't need a brace; there's one already welded in from the factory.

the banke brace on that s1 in the pic is the exact same brace as on my s2, and i know when they were offered f/s, there was one part for both bikes:

i may yust take you up on your offer of help for the rear isolators...   8)

doug s.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #22 on: 22 Jun 2012, 02:24 am »
Without going out to the garage and measureing I'll bet it's the front tube that's different sized.
The ABS brace has two clamps which explains why the Banke piece worked and the ABS one doesn't.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #23 on: 22 Jun 2012, 03:09 am »
Without going out to the garage and measureing I'll bet it's the front tube that's different sized.
The ABS brace has two clamps which explains why the Banke piece worked and the ABS one doesn't.

ya, the banke bolts on at the front bolt that holds the lateral stabilizer; the asb clamps to the frame yust above the bolt.  according to asb, you need a sleeve for '95-'97 models, so the frame must not be as thick...

doug s.