Mosley vs 'Canelo' Alvarez

dB Cooper

Mosley vs 'Canelo' Alvarez
« on: 13 Feb 2012, 01:20 am »
Call me crazy but I think this one has some potential. It's happening on the Cotto-Mayweather undercard. Mosley is 2-3-1 in his last 6 outings, and is clearly not what he once was, but might still be too fast and experienced for Canelo. For some reason it makes me think of Larry Holmes vs Ray Mercer, where the 40ish Holmes schooled the then up-and-coming Mercer. Kudos to Canelo for taking the fight; he is taking a genuine risk and is without a doubt the fighter with more to lose.

django11

• Canuckistani
Re: Mosley vs 'Canelo' Alvarez
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2012, 02:09 pm »
My first impression was "how the crap does Mosley deserve a title shot?".  Ya never now, styles make fights. Alvarez is fairly skillful and tough.  If Mosley is hungry for one last belt it might turn in to be a good fight.  If he is hungry for one last payday and he does like he did against Pacquiao it will be bad...

dB Cooper

« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2012, 04:11 pm »
He absolutely doesn't deserve a title shot, and you do have to wonder about how it got sanctioned. Alvarez (obviously) wants it because it puts a high name recognition opponent on his record (he hopes as a loss). But I still think Mosley could make a fight out of it, for a while at least.

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2012, 05:52 pm »
He absolutely doesn't deserve a title shot, and you do have to wonder about how it got sanctioned.

Alvarez has the WeBeCorrupt belt... :green:

wendell

« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2012, 07:25 pm »
Mosely probably has 2 to 4 rounds and then its down hill from there :duh: 

dB Cooper

« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2012, 11:33 pm »
That sounds quite plausible. Canelo has limitations and is a litlle one dimensional. Whether Mosley still has the tools to take advantage is the question.