AKSA Scandinavia Launches...

kyrill

« Reply #20 on: 16 May 2004, 10:07 am »
The DEQX, Rocket can be find at www.DEQX.com  I am now in the process of finding how to make the unit by itself (not the filters, but the basic sound of the unit itself) sound as best as it can be. It has several options, digital in. analogue in, analogue out and digital out. It accepts a masterclock (as used in studio's) Does it need one to sound better etc etc. I am in the process of finding out.

kyrill

« Reply #21 on: 16 May 2004, 11:02 am »
Hi
PHL speakers are founded by the former head of R&D of Audax speakers
I wonder why Warspeakers will try their digital filters on Raven and Focal speakers. I would rather try the Accuton, that they carrie as well.

I have the opportunity to listen to accuton speakers albeit with Acuuton tweeters.
Accuton with Raven or maybe SEAS Excel tweeters?

There are 91/93 db sensitivity Accuton since short:

ACCUTON - C²90-T6 - preserial data
- new 173 mm vented basket
- very high efficiency – 93 dB
- 55 mm large Titanium voice coil former
- 14 mm underhung Neodymium magnet system
- extremely low distortion
- penetrated membrane for resonance damping

and 2 tweeters, a  30 mm ceramic cone like C²23-6
plus

ACCUTON - C²13-6 - preliminary data
www.accuton.com
- 25 mm ceramic cone like C²12-6
- frontplate fully compatible with C²12
- high efficiency – 92 dB / 2.83 Volt
- high energy distribution
- new 4 mm underhung Neodymium magnet system
- extremely low distortion even at high volume
- also 4 Ohm type available
- significantly reduced ferrofluid filling

They are not yet on their website

Rocket

hi
« Reply #22 on: 16 May 2004, 11:24 am »
hi kyrill,

that digital preamp is quite expensive.  wouldn't it be cheaper to build a speaker which had the xover already designed.

regards

rod

kyrill

« Reply #23 on: 16 May 2004, 01:14 pm »
Hi Rocket

Of course it will be cheaper
But in no way better.

It is aiming for the holy grail of listening. our brains are a handy lot. Very well designed to let us taste, perceive a representation of reality, but not reality itself. That will not border us, as the representation is very very convincing. Actually so perfect, we hold it for reality itself. But in order to let you experience reality as a complete gestalt brains need a certain minimum of data. Suddenly when you cross this subjective, for everybody personal and often different, minimum treshold, the experience snaps into place and you perceive "the real world"  You can see that happen in certain well made movies for  UMAX theaters. People get motion sickness while perfectly sitting still in their chairs.

So is it with music.  If the fake is "real" enough, it becomes real.
Put on top of that the disappearing of the room and the illusion is complete :P

Jens

« Reply #24 on: 16 May 2004, 02:07 pm »
Just as a curiosity - and in an attempt to steer this thread back to its course - I can tell you that the speaker system that we are using at AKSA Scandinavia actually incorporates a superb Focal midrange driver, the Utopia Audiom 6 W. This 6" driver boasts high effiency at 96 db/1 watt/1 metre and has one of lightest moving masses for a driver of this type at 6.6 grams!

I've listened to many, many midrange units over the years, and this is so far the best unit I've ever come across (I'm told that the new version of this driver with "Power Flower" magnet system, which is found the Utopia BE range speakers is even better, but unfortunately it is not available for DIY).

The openness, clarity and speed (dynamics) of this driver lends a whole new representation to the music and makes you listen "into" the music. This will, of course, only be true when used in combination with the right x-over.

However, the Equilibrium speakers we use at AKSA Scandinavia has such an x-over, and with the GK-1R and the AKSA 55 N (soon to become a Plus) driving the midrange and the tweeter, music with a big "M" is guaranteed!

Just come and listen!

Cheers,

kyrill

« Reply #25 on: 16 May 2004, 03:49 pm »
Hi Jens

Looks like an excellent driver, at the Focal webside
http://www.focal-jmlab.fr/gb/compo/index.htm. Focal itself recommends the fast transients and tranparency of the unit.  But 100hz is its minimum if you still want to have its sensitivity. SO you have to build a 3 way system, unless I have a high end sub bass unit. The ones I have is not so high end and I use them until 40 hz.  But you gave me another true contender
To be complete what does AKSA Scandinavia use for their tweeters and bass?
UPDATE
their Audiom 15 WX looks gorgiuos froms specs. 20-30hz to 1000hz
look at their flat impedance curve around 10 hz at 10 ohms
http://www.focal-jmlab.fr/gb/compo/woofer/courbes/a_15wx.htm
But the price in expensive Holland is 1070 Euro the piece, around 1260 US $ !!

Jens

« Reply #26 on: 16 May 2004, 06:26 pm »
Kyrill,

Who says you have to use Focal bass drivers? I don't. I use four 8" Peerless HDS drivers per channel, directly driven by a 500 watt ICEpower amp. Obviously, electronic x-over and equalising for the bass system. No ported system even comes close ...  :mrgreen:

Cheers,