• Speakers....What Speakers ?
SP Technology Available in Denmark
« Reply #60 on: 15 Dec 2004, 12:08 pm »
Test....is this working......??

Karsten

« Reply #61 on: 19 Jan 2005, 11:16 pm »
Chris,

How did things work out with the Butler amps?

Karsten

lonewolfny42

« Reply #62 on: 20 Jan 2005, 08:26 am »
Quote from: Karsten
Chris,

How did things work out with the Butler amps?

Karsten
Hello Karsten,
    A belated "Happy New Year" to you.[/list:u]
      Well, I have two Butler 2250 amps now. One was good, two is much better. As we discussed, the Timepiece speakers love power. So running as mono blocks the performance is sooo much better. I have them matched with a Juicy Music Blueberry tube preamp. A nice combo. In a day or so , I'm expecting a Bent NOH passive preamp which I will try with the Butler's to see how that sounds. I recall that member Double Ugly used a passive with his Butler's, so I thought I'd give it a try.[/list:u]
        As for the SP Tech's....I'm happy with my purchase. Sounds good in this room. If and when I move to a new house (spring-summer), and get a bigger audio room, I'll look into moving up to the next level. And I read that Bob's going to have a few new items....so it sounds great !!![/list:u]
          And what's new with you and the business ???[/list:u]
            Chris[/list:u]

Karsten

« Reply #63 on: 24 Jan 2005, 11:24 pm »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Hello Karsten,
    A belated "Happy New Year" to you.[/list:u]
      Well, I have two Butler 2250 amps now. One was good, two is much better. As we discussed, the Timepiece speakers love power. So running as mono blocks the performance is sooo much better. I have them matched with a Juicy Music Blueberry tube preamp. A nice combo. In a day or so , I'm expecting a Bent NOH passive preamp which I will try with the Butler's to see how that sounds. I recall that member Double Ugly used a passive with his Butler's ...

Hi Chris,

Nice to hear you are getting along with the Timepieces, and of course, an even more belated "Happy New Year" to you as well  :)

Personally I haven't had the best experiences with passive preamps, well of course a good passive is better than a poor active. My favorite is the cryo treated Belles 21A, this baby sing (and rock!) Well, I guess you know by now that I like the Belles gear :D

I have a set of Revelation on their way... Should be here in time for the show in Copenhagen 5-6 th of March, I'm really looking forward to these babies !!

Yes, there are som nice new SP products comming in near future..... Let's see what Bob has up his sleeve 8)

Karsten

lonewolfny42

« Reply #64 on: 28 Feb 2005, 04:27 pm »
Karsten (2/24/05):
    I'll get the set of Revelation with the new tweeter tomorrow, they will be hauled directly to a show here Saturday. I'll let you know my own and other peoples response to them when I get back.
    [/list:u]Hello Karsten,
      I'm wondering how the show went... good,  I hope !! Take any photo's ? Thanks !!!  :) [/list:u]

Karsten

« Reply #65 on: 28 Feb 2005, 05:02 pm »
    Chris,

Here is some of the first coverage:

http://www.euphonia-audioforum.se/forums/index.php?showtopic=1372

Generally speaking everything went well, the Revelations needed some more break-in which I'm working at now.

I can say already now that the new tweeter really has done some good, microdynamics, resolution, etc. is greatly improved. This means that listening to acoustic music etc. is a lot more fun now than before.

The bass of those Revelations are a whole other chapter, talk about realism, wow

I'll write some more impressions as I get to know them better in broken-in condition.

Brg,
    Karsten

lonewolfny42

« Reply #66 on: 28 Feb 2005, 06:01 pm »
    Chris,

Here is some of the first coverage:

http://www.euphonia-audioforum.se/forums/index.php?showtopic=1372

Generally speaking everything went well, the Revelations needed some more break-in which I'm working at now.

I can say already now that the new tweeter really has done some good, microdynamics, resolution, etc. is greatly improved. This means that listening to acoustic music etc. is a lot more fun now than before.

The bass of those Revelations are a whole other chapter, talk about real ...
    Thanks Karsten....looking forward to more.... 8)
      Does that site have a "button"? you might click for English....... :? ......crazy question right... :? [/list:u]

Karsten

« Reply #67 on: 28 Feb 2005, 06:25 pm »
    Chris,

Sorry site no speaka englis :)

Maybe you can use bable fish or something like that.

Brg,
    Karsten

Karsten

« Reply #68 on: 1 Mar 2005, 11:03 am »
    More from past weekend's event

http://www2.hififorum.nu/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37473&whichpage=2

Regards,
    Karsten

lonewolfny42

« Reply #69 on: 1 Mar 2005, 11:23 am »
    More from past weekend's event

http://www2.hififorum.nu/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37473&whichpage=2

Regards,
    Karsten
    Thanks Karsten....good shot of the Revelation...nice finish, looks excellent. I see the Belles equipement....the 350 and 21. How big was the room ? And did you, yourself, take any photo's. Thanks again !!!

Karsten

« Reply #70 on: 1 Mar 2005, 12:43 pm »
    Thanks Karsten....good shot of the Revelation...nice finish, looks excellent. I see the Belles equipement....the 350 and 21. How big was the room ? And did you, yourself, take any photo's. Thanks again !!!

It was a big room, if my conversion is correct, something like 900 sq ft.

The entire ceiling was covered with acoustic panels, so it was actually almost too sound dead. The problem it gave me was that it was hard to judge how loud we were playing not being in the direct sound field. According many we played far too loud...

The new tweeter has allowed me to go back to the cryoed 150A amps now. These were pretty harsh sounding with the old tweeter, now they are doing great.

I took some pictures myself. Unfortunately I did not have any additional speed lights etc. so taking pictures against the light from the windows was a little difficult.

The kind guys from Sweden had all the good stuf with them, so their pictures are quite good.

Regards,
    Karsten

lonewolfny42

« Reply #71 on: 3 Mar 2005, 05:57 am »
    Karsten,
      Thats a great finish on those speakers...Bob did a nice job !!![/list:u]
      [/list:u]

Karsten

« Reply #72 on: 3 Mar 2005, 11:17 am »
      Chris,

Yes Bob and his crew really did a huge effort in having this set ready for the show i Copenhagen this weekend. Given the time frame available to do this, it is a miracle they made it. Well, I know that Bob had a lot of sleep to catch up in the days after they were completed :)

They are breaking in very nicely by now. The bass is very impressive, they go deeeep and clean, a simulation of a small earth quake is no problem  :mrgreen:

The new tweeter is also a big improvement over the old one. You should speak to Bob about getting the upgrade.

Regards,
      Karsten

PeteG

« Reply #73 on: 7 Mar 2005, 12:20 am »
      Karsten
       The speakers do look great, Id be interested in your feed back
      on how much the revelations change during the break-in.

Pete

lonewolfny42

« Reply #74 on: 7 Mar 2005, 02:51 am »
      Hello Pete,
        Looking over your equipement list I noticed this...
      "SP Tech coming in 05"
      I'm wondering which model are you planning to purchase...thanks. :) [/list:u]

PeteG

« Reply #75 on: 7 Mar 2005, 03:13 am »
      Hello Pete,  
      Looking over your equipement list I noticed this...
      "SP Tech coming in 05"

Chris, You caught that did ya.

I should have a pair of oak Continuums w/upgraded tweeters
      and caps some time in April, if all go's well.

I've heard Bob has been doing a great job on the new tweeter.
      Are you upgrading latter on.

Pete

lonewolfny42

« Reply #76 on: 7 Mar 2005, 03:17 am »
      Pete:
      Are you upgrading latter on
        Looks that way....new tweeter sounds good. Nice choice by the way. Best of luck and enjoy them !! :thumb: [/list:u]

lonewolfny42

« Reply #77 on: 8 Mar 2005, 10:44 am »
      Hello Karsten,
        I'm wondering if you'll be getting the new 350A "Reference Power Amplifier" ? Heard anything about it ? Here's the Belles link.......
      http://www.powermodules.com/newdev.html [/list:u]
        Thanks ![/list:u]

Karsten

« Reply #78 on: 8 Mar 2005, 10:53 am »
      Hello Karsten,
        I'm wondering if you'll be getting the new 350A "Reference Power Amplifier" ? Heard anything about it ? Here's the Belles link.......
      http://www.powermodules.com/newdev.html [/list:u]
        Thanks ![/list:u]

Well of course, how could one live without :mrgreen: It is bound to be one brute beast of an amp, but hopefully sweet sounding as well.

Dave is still working on getting it perfect, I'll let you know when I get a chance to evaluate it.

Brg,
      Karsten