SP Technology Available in Denmark

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #20 on: 18 Oct 2004, 01:02 am »
Quote from: Double Ugly
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Everything you posted above...is true. Sometimes when you read things...it sounds...a little hard to believe. But when their standing in your own audio room...and sounding "oh, so good!" ....you become a believer. 8)
    A very
EXCELLENT purchase...... :dance: [/list:u]

Amen!   :D

I purchased a pair of Butler 2250s after hearing how well they drove the Continuums at the RMAF.  Can't wait for 'em to get here.

I'll let you know how they do with my Timepieces, Wolfy.

DU
Thank you DU !! I'll be interested in you comments !! :thumb:

Gordy

« Reply #21 on: 18 Oct 2004, 02:44 am »
6Moons just published "The White Paper" on the 2250...  http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/butler/2250.html

And I'm sorry for the intrusion, I know this is an SP thread...

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #22 on: 18 Oct 2004, 02:47 am »
's handle
Everything you posted above...is true. Sometimes when you read things...it sounds...a little hard to believe. But when their standing in your own audio room...and sounding "oh, so good!" ....you become a believer. 8)
    A very

Amen!   :D

I purchased a pair of Butler 2250s after hearing how well they drove the Continuums at the RMAF.  Can't wait for 'em to get here.

I'll let you know how they do with ...
                                                         As wll I DU, I can't imagine having a system with that many watts and loudspeakers that'll require it. :o  I can sy with great certainly that the Butler amps can be played at MAXIMUM volume w/o clipping or distorting. If your SP Tech loudspeakers can handle that, you are in for the experience of your life.(IMHO) :thumb:  Please let me know what you think, either here or in a PM. Congratulations! :beer: Regards, Robin

Double Ugly

« Reply #23 on: 18 Oct 2004, 04:34 am »
Thanks, Robin.  You were perhaps the first person I recall jumping on the Butler bandwagon, and the praise you and others have continued to heap on BK's amps kept my interest piqued.  They aren't cheap, though, and shelling out that kind of money without first hearing them wasn't something I was prepared to do.

Then I took a trip to Denver.

Wow.

I heard the 2250, a 5150 and the much-ballyhooed A100s.  Joe Jurzec (of JAM'n Audio) was using a bridged-mono pair of 2250s to drive the SP Technology Continuums A.D.s.  Though I hadn't heard the Continuums before, I am intimately familiar with the SP Tech sound and design approach.  I don't want to say too much until I've had them in my system  a while, but the fact that I placed an order for a pair of 2250s less than a week after returning home should say more than enough for the time being.

FWIW, if I didn't still have some level of fiscal restraint, BK would be building a pair of A100s for me.   :o

And yes, I will provide you with a full report, my friend.

Best regards,

DU

lonewolfny42

« Reply #24 on: 18 Oct 2004, 04:46 am »
Hey DU,
    About 3 weeks ago...on Audiogon. A slightly used pair of A100's went up for sale. Guy needed to sell. Price $6,000.00. I thought about them, and they looked good. Then they were sold...really quick. Oh well. :? [/list:u]

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #25 on: 18 Oct 2004, 04:53 am »
Hey DU,
    About 3 weeks ago...on Audiogon. A slightly used pair of A100's went up for sale. Guy needed to sell. Price $6,000.00. I thought about them, and they looked good. Then they were sold...really quick. Oh well. :? [/list:u]

No used Butler amps on Agon right now.

Are they that good or are there not many out there?

Maybe both?   :lol:

George

Double Ugly

« Reply #26 on: 18 Oct 2004, 05:00 am »
Hey DU,

Hey Wolfy,

Yeah, I saw that too.  Even bookmarked it.  I got all shook up for a day or two, trying to figure out what to do.  Then I noticed the "Sale Pending" addendum on the ad.

Had I known then what I know now, I'd be in a position to give you a detailed report on how they sound with the Timepieces.  Instead, I guess I'll just have to *suffer* with the 2250s.   :lol:

An aside - it appears AIX Records uses a Butler 5150, presumably in the mixing process.

DU

lonewolfny42

« Reply #27 on: 18 Oct 2004, 05:05 am »
Hey Wolfy,

Yeah, I saw that too.  Even bookmarked it.  I got all shook up for a day or two, trying to figure out what to do.  Then I noticed the "Sale Pending" addendum on the ad.

Had I known then what I know now, I'd be in a position to give you a detailed report on how they sound with the Timepieces.  Instead, I guess I'll just have to *suffer* with the 2250s.   :lol:

An aside - it appears AIX Records uses a Butler 5150, presumably in the mixing process.

DU
Yep...thats it. I said, wow! half price. Had a list for $12,000.00. Then sale pending....then gone in a flash. "He who hesitates, is lost"...so true. Thanks DU ! :D

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #28 on: 18 Oct 2004, 05:05 am »
Thanks, Robin.  You were perhaps the first person I recall jumping on the Butler bandwagon, and the praise you and others have continued to heap on BK's amps kept my interest piqued.  They aren't cheap, though, and shelling out that kind of money without first hearing them wasn't something I was prepared to do.

Then I took a trip to Denver.

Wow.

I heard the 2250, a 5150 and the much-ballyhooed A100s.  Joe Jurzec (of JAM'n Audio) was using ...
Hey, I know just what you mean, I shelled out some serious bucks on my 2 3150's w/o ever hearing them. But with Mad DOg badmouthing them, that was good enough for me. :lol: Seriously, I had emailed actual owners and EVERY ONE of them had high praise for their Butler amp. So I took a chance,,,, as I have in all of my stuff. I've been a very lucky man so far. Regards, Robin

lonewolfny42

« Reply #29 on: 18 Oct 2004, 05:07 am »
Quote from: zybar
Hey DU,

George
Did you listen in the SP Tech/Butler room at all. Or only in the SP Tech/Belles room ? Thanks !! :)

Double Ugly

« Reply #30 on: 18 Oct 2004, 05:07 am »

I think both, primarily due to Robin owning about half of the "used" units out there.   :lol:

DU

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #31 on: 18 Oct 2004, 05:11 am »
Hey DU,

George
Actually George, when I was researching Butler, I was able to find 3 owners,,, and it was 3 outta 3 FOR butler. :D  Regards, Robin

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #32 on: 18 Oct 2004, 05:12 am »
So it is both!

George

Karsten

« Reply #33 on: 18 Oct 2004, 06:31 pm »
Hello Karsten,
    Been awhile since I read this post....and I did not have the TP 2's....but now, I do. Up and running for about two weeks. Everything you posted above...is true. Sometimes when you read things...it sounds...a little hard to believe. But when their standing in your own audio room...and sounding "oh, so good!" ....you become a believer. 8) [/list:u]
      A very

Oh, well, now I got the first set of Continuums 10 days ago. I hate to say it, but they eat TP 2.0 for breakfast :mrgreen:

I did a show this weekend with the Continuums, got a good and large room, the sound was awesome. Try some recordings with Yello, they will really show what these SP speakers are capable of doing. You will be surprised...

Brg,

Karsten

Double Ugly

« Reply #34 on: 18 Oct 2004, 06:54 pm »
Quote from: Karsten
Oh, well, now I got the first set of Continuums 10 days ago. I hate to say it, but they eat TP 2.0 for breakfast :mrgreen:

If you think there's a big difference between the Timepieces and the Continuums, wait'll you hear the Revelations.   :o

DU

Karsten

« Reply #35 on: 18 Oct 2004, 07:15 pm »

If you think there's a big difference between the Timepieces and the Continuums, wait'll you hear the Revelations.   :o

DU

I'll bet there is  :D Looking forward to this !!!

I had some modifications done to the Continuums, which actually gave measureable differences, here is the list:

Cardas internal cable, Cardas speaker terminals, Auricap capasitors, skipped bi-wiring possibility, x-over, cabling and tweeter voice coils cryo treated.

Brg,

Karsten

Double Ugly

« Reply #36 on: 18 Oct 2004, 07:53 pm »
I had some modifications done to the Continuums, which actually gave measureable differences, here is the list:

Cardas internal cable, Cardas speaker terminals, Auricap capasitors, skipped bi-wiring possibility, x-over, cabling and tweeter voice coils cryo treated.

I'm pretty sure the Continuums I heard in Denver had many of the same upgrades.  Obviously I didn't have an opportunity to do an A/B comparison - much less take measurements - of "standard" and "upgraded" speakers, but the pair I heard sounded just fine thankyouverymuch!   :thumb:

Hope all is well with you and yours, Karsten.

DU

Karsten

« Reply #37 on: 18 Oct 2004, 09:40 pm »

I'm pretty sure the Continuums I heard in Denver had many of the same upgrades.  Obviously I didn't have an opportunity to do an A/B comparison - much less take measurements - of "standard" and "upgraded" speakers, b ...

Yes, they had the Cardas cables, but this was all (as far as I know) maybe Auricaps as well.

Double Ugly

« Reply #38 on: 18 Oct 2004, 09:46 pm »
Yes, they had the Cardas cables, but this was all (as far as I know) maybe Auricaps as well.

Maybe Bob will be willing to clarify.  

DU

Karsten

« Reply #39 on: 18 Oct 2004, 09:48 pm »

Maybe Bob will be willing to clarify.  

DU

I'm sure he will :wink: