SP Technology Available in Denmark

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
« on: 9 May 2004, 04:47 pm »
Dear Friends,

We would like to announce that in the coming weeks our products will be available in Denmark through StudioSound.  Mr. Karsten Elkjaer is the owner and we're sure you will find him to be a most gracious representative of the product lines they carry.  Their contact information is below.

StudioSound:dk
Toftevej 10 Søborg
DK-3250 Gilleleje  
Phone: (+45) 44 54 54 01
Fax: (+45) 44 54 54 09
Email: info@studiosound.dk
http://www.studiosound.dk/

infiniti driver

« Reply #1 on: 9 May 2004, 10:08 pm »
We know things are really serious when the Danes handle your products. Some of the finest recordings, mastering, loudspeakers and of course microphones come from as they spell it "DANMARK".

IF this does not show something, nothing will.

Carlman

« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2004, 01:15 pm »
You know what would be really cool?  If SP and AKSA were sold in the same store!!!

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=10350

Seems like some Danes should be getting together for this combo.  I know I hope to hear it one day...... as well as others.

Thanks,
Carl

Karsten

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2004, 01:44 pm »
Hi all,
I'm the danish guy, Karsten.

Still waiting for the first shipment of SP speakers. The TP 2.0 should arrive first and hopefully soon. I am really looking forward to see what these babies will do, and I admit that my expectations are quite high. The design looks extremely interesting.

I would really like to listen to some of the reference recordings, I have seen mentioned in this section. If it should cost some amount, it is not a problem.

Best regards,
Karsten

[/quote]

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jun 2004, 03:47 pm »
Hello Karsten,
    Welcome to AudioCircle. I'll be interested in your views of the SP Tech Timepiece speakers after you hear them. Checked your site , some nice electronics there. Best of luck with the new line !!! :) [/list:u]

Karsten

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jun 2004, 06:40 pm »
Hi Lonewolf,

Thanks for the welcome :)

I have a few things I will like to try in combination with these speakers. First the new Belles 21A pre and a set of his 150A Reference 500W monoblocks. This is pretty good stuff. I'll get another set like this, only cryo treated, it will be interesting to see the difference from the treatment.

Second, there are a few bi-amp experiments to be done, tube-ss etc.

I'll surely pop a few words about my findings.

Regards,
Karsten

lonewolfny42

« Reply #6 on: 27 Jun 2004, 06:44 pm »
Quote from: Karsten
Hi Lonewolf,

Thanks for the welcome :)

I have a few things I will like to try in combination with these speakers. First the new Belles 21A pre and a set of his 150A Reference 500W monoblocks. This is pretty good stuff. I'll get another set like this, only cryo treated, it will be interesting to see the difference from the treatment.

Second, there are a few bi-amp experiments to be done, tube-ss etc.

I'll surely pop a few words about my findings.

Regards,
Karsten
Thanks !!!

Karsten

« Reply #7 on: 17 Jul 2004, 01:51 am »
I have had the Timepiece 2.0 for a few days now, been trading sleep for music. It is too late now for me to write my impressions.
However a small gesture for Bob is well deserved: http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008' target='_blank'>http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_4.gif' alt='Bow Down Before You' border=0>

Karsten

lonewolfny42

« Reply #8 on: 17 Jul 2004, 05:56 am »
Karsten,
    I'll be interested in your impressions concerning the Timepiece speakers....after you get your rest... :sleep: . Thanks !! :) [/list:u]

Karsten

« Reply #9 on: 17 Jul 2004, 06:52 pm »
Okay, here we go.
I got the TP2.0 a couple of days ago. I followed Bob's recommendation and used some powerful solid state equipment. The 500W Belles 150A reference monoblocks.

First impression...Wow, so this is what I have been missing...The dynamic capabilities of these speakers are extraordinary good. The waveguided tweeter really does some wonders. No matter how loud I have been playing, the speakers never changed tonality or sounded pushed in any way. An incredible amount of details are projected in a wide sound stage, wonderfully lacking a real sweet spot, the music is just there. I also notised that relaxing to the music is very easy, on good recordings, nothing really bothers the ear. The speakers manages to virtually disapear, leaving just the music in the room.

I also wanted to try some bi-amp experiments, with tube-ss. Bob has been telling me that these speakers need high power ss amps to perform their best. Anyway I just had to try them with a set of Joule Electra VZN 160 Grand Marquis OTL monoblocks.

I started with some soft jazz, expecting a bit muddy bass from lack of total control over the woofers...Hmm not so, the bass was just fine. Okay lets see what will happen with Jimmy Smith "Dot com blues" Wow, I actually discovered details in the bass that I did not notice before, furthermore I get a substantial impact (from an OTL!!??) Lets find the limits here!! Next album was Bob Marley "Uprising" which is one that I know the OTLs has been giving up on with other speakers. Absolutely no problems at all! The TP 2.0 are the best speakers I have ever used with these OTL amps! Seems like a perfect match!!?? What is going on here?

Well, better do some more listening :D

Karsten

reefrus

« Reply #10 on: 17 Jul 2004, 09:13 pm »
Congratulations on your TP 2.0.  I used to have Atma-sphere MA-2 also and wish I still did.  I sold them 9 months ago before I purchased the TP 2.0.  I'll bet it sounds like heaven.  I'm using a pair of Parasound JC1 with good results.  If you like the sound now, just wait, it's only going to get better from here.   :thumb:

Karsten

« Reply #11 on: 17 Jul 2004, 10:51 pm »
Reefrus,

It would be interesting to hear your experiences about break-in of the TP 2.0?

I had them playing non stop for 3 days. Already after 15-20 hours the tweeter was less agressive and the bass deeper.

After listening yesterday, I decided to stop playing them on continous basis, because they already sounded breathtakeingly good.

Can't wait to get the Continuum A.D.  :D  not to mention the comming floorstanding model.... :angel:

Karsten

reefrus

« Reply #12 on: 18 Jul 2004, 12:35 am »
Hi Karsten,

The pair I'm using now is from reviewer Bill Roberts (aka Infinity Driver). According to him, TP 2.0 sounds good right out of box and not much breaking in time is necessary.  

I am a dealer here in the Rockies and I'm also waiting for the Revelation, aka, floor standing model.  We hope to show it here at an audio show in Denver in October, if Bob is able to make it.  According to Bob, the Continuum is even better than the TP.  He's doing such an amazing job with these loudspeakers that I know everyone will stand up and take notice in the very near future.

Happy Listening.... :singing:

Karsten

« Reply #13 on: 18 Jul 2004, 02:31 pm »
Reefrus,

Personally, I would worry a bit about using speakers with such capabilities in the bass, as the Revalation will get, at a show. Hope you will get a big room and bring plenty of room treatment, bass traps etc. If possible, you might want to try a diagonal setup as well. A boomy sound is an excellent way of scaring people away :wink:

Karsten

reefrus

« Reply #14 on: 18 Jul 2004, 11:45 pm »
Karsten

I totally agree with you about the bass performance.  Bob and I have talked about this and he's trying to reserve the biggest suite possible.  The Revelation speakers are even more scary on the bass becuase it goes as low as 15 hz.  Even Bob says listeners will be encouraged to bring along a diaper cause they might lose control it's so amazing. :lol:

Reefrus

Karsten

« Reply #15 on: 27 Jul 2004, 10:33 am »
I'm getting a bit further here with the TP 2.0. As previously stated, these are serious speakers. Of course, monitors like these, will reveil exactely what you are hooking them up with and it is very easy to hear a clear difference even from cables etc. Personally I like this, and I have been reevaluating a lot of equipment lately.

Although they sound good with "lower grade" but honest equipment, they have taken just about any challange I have been able to give them, just showing exactely the qualities (or lack of) with any front end combination.

I can say for sure, they do love power, the more the better. Yesterday I hooked them up with a set of Belles 350A monoblocks (powered through JPS Aluminatra power cords, which does quite some good) These monoblocks are conservatively rated @ 800W but are likely closer to 1kW in 8 ohm. This was awesome, incredible that all that sound came from those relatively small speakers, the bass became extremely physical, but still clean, detailed and very well controlled. They easily manage to shake the entire listening room.

I consider the TP 2.0 to be one of the biggest bargains within monitors or true high end speakers. Well, hey, don't just take my word for it (I sell these babies) :wink:  Audition yourself, it wont take long to notice these are truely special.

Best regards,
Karsten

lonewolfny42

« Reply #16 on: 17 Oct 2004, 06:37 am »
Quote from: Karsten
I'm getting a bit further here with the TP 2.0. As previously stated, these are serious speakers. Of course, monitors like these, will reveil exactely what you are hooking them up with and it is very easy to hear a clear difference even from cables etc. Personally I like this, and I have been reevaluating a lot of equipment lately.

Although they sound good with "lower grade" but honest equipment, they have taken just about any challange I have been able to give them, just showing exactely the qualities (or lack of) with any front end combination.

I can say for sure, they do love power, the more the better. Yesterday I hooked them up with a set of Belles 350A monoblocks (powered through JPS Aluminatra power cords, which does quite some good) These monoblocks are conservatively rated @ 800W but are likely closer to 1kW in 8 ohm. This was awesome, incredible that all that sound came from those relatively small speakers, the bass became extremely physical, but still clean, detailed and very well controlled. They easily manage to shake the entire listening room.

I consider the TP 2.0 to be one of the biggest bargains within monitors or true high end speakers. Well, hey, don't just take my word for it (I sell these babies)  Audition yourself, it wont take long to notice these are truely special.

Best regards,
Karsten  
Hello Karsten,
    Been awhile since I read this post....and I did not have the TP 2's....but now, I do. Up and running for about two weeks. Everything you posted above...is true. Sometimes when you read things...it sounds...a little hard to believe. But when their standing in your own audio room...and sounding "oh, so good!" ....you become a believer. 8) [/list:u]
      A very
EXCELLENT purchase...... :dance: [/list:u]

Double Ugly

« Reply #17 on: 17 Oct 2004, 01:35 pm »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Everything you posted above...is true. Sometimes when you read things...it sounds...a little hard to believe. But when their standing in your own audio room...and sounding "oh, so good!" ....you become a believer. 8)
    A very

Amen!   :D

I purchased a pair of Butler 2250s after hearing how well they drove the Continuums at the RMAF.  Can't wait for 'em to get here.

I'll let you know how they do with my Timepieces, Wolfy.

DU

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #18 on: 17 Oct 2004, 01:41 pm »
Quote from: Double Ugly
Everything you posted above...is true. Sometimes when you read things...it sounds...a little hard to believe. But when their standing in your own audio room...and sounding "oh, so good!" ....you become a believer. 8)
    A very

I purchased a pair of Butler 2250s after hearing how well they drove the Continuums at the RMAF.  Can't wait for 'em to get here.

DU

DU,

What are the specs again on the 2250?

George

Double Ugly

« Reply #19 on: 17 Oct 2004, 01:55 pm »
Quote from: zybar
Quote from: Double Ugly
    A very

DU,

What are the specs again on the 2250?

George

From the Butler literature
TDB 2250 Power rating, RMS:
    250 wpc - 8 Ohms (both channels operating)
    400 wpc - 4 Ohms
    800 watts mono - 8 Ohms[/list:u]