Poll

Would you consider adding analogue meters to your system if available?

Yes
17 (47.2%)
No
19 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Audio Meters?

Stu Pitt

Re: Audio Meters?
« Reply #20 on: 4 Feb 2012, 07:43 pm »
Do you guys really think that a thick CNC machined/milled faceplate that has screen printing on it that shouldn't come off when anything less than a metal grinder is taken to it doesn't add significantly to the price, yet does nothing for the sound?

Aesthetics are very important.  To some plain and simple is better, to others glass and illuminated meters are important.

If aesthetics were truly unimportant, the answer would be 'I don't care either way.'  Haven't seen that response yet.

I'd love some meters personally.  If I could get Bryston sound and McIntosh looks and be able to afford it, I'd truly be in audio heaven. 

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #21 on: 5 Feb 2012, 05:30 pm »
I would actually like a set of meters that I can connect to the line out of my pre amp. Watt meters won't move, but something that wobbles at line level would be fun...

DaveNote

• Without music, life would be a mistake. Nietzsche
« Reply #22 on: 5 Feb 2012, 10:32 pm »
Laundrew, my Pioneer SX980 receiver, used in my second system, has two sets of meters: one for power and the other for the radio. I haven't had meters in years, and never thought about them one way or another, but I have to say I kind of like them when they are small like this. If I had Mac amps, placed as my 7BSST2s are in my room, I think I'd find them distracting and turn them off.

Dave