Tri Traps

Trismos

Tri Traps
« on: 15 Jan 2012, 01:22 am »
My ceilings are 7'6" precluding the use of two tri traps in a corner. Using just one, what would the ideal height be to mount them?

Rob S.

Re: Tri Traps
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2012, 03:07 am »
Why not get a second pair a little shorter and stack them? GIK does custom sizes as long as they are shorter than the standard size.   My ceiling is 7'4" and I got another set, I think it's only a small up charge .  Check with bpape or call Gik for pricing.

Rob S.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2012, 12:57 pm »
I second that.  GIK will work with you.

InfernoSTi

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2012, 02:29 pm »
Another option is to consider the GIK Soffit traps to increase the "trapping" area.  Give GIK a call or PM....they helped me out a bunch back a few months back and can really open your eyes with suggestions that work. 

John

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2012, 02:41 pm »
What speakers are you using?  As has been said, we can certainly do a custom sized pair to stack or the same with the Soffit Traps if desired.  Many people start with either just sitting on the floor and then do a 'phase II' where a second set is added later on.

The Soffits do offer approx 40% more surface area as well as considerably more average/minimum thickness to reach lower into the deepest bass ranges.

Bryan

Trismos

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jan 2012, 07:37 pm »
What speakers are you using? 

Bryan

GR N3 TL's at the moment but I'm waiting for Danny's new design based on the 8" servos. Hi Bryan. I'm the guy that spam'd you with the GoogleSketch of my room. Still trying to figure out exactly what I want.

Dave

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #6 on: 18 Jan 2012, 08:51 pm »
No problem.  I like that kind of spam  :lol:

Bryan