Charles Barkley...I love this guy!

jackman

Charles Barkley...I love this guy!
« on: 6 Jan 2012, 02:37 pm »
Okay, in a world of politically correct talking heads on TV, I really appreciate Barkley's honesty and love his humor.  I don't always agree with him but he really makes me laugh.  Here is an example:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/video-charles-barkley-kevin-harlan-tell-truth-weight-041523266.html;_ylt=Ao5NwDJ9Y.PSnIGDlhQ1bBC8vLYF

bunnyma357

Re: Charles Barkley...I love this guy!
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jan 2012, 03:12 pm »
He's a great musical talent also...

http://vimeo.com/20075494

Jim C

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #2 on: 6 Jan 2012, 05:18 pm »
I watched that game and it was a good game, triple overtime.  But Atlanta has no business loosing, no business.  The TV crew was hilarious all night, pure comedy.  After the loss right before they cut the feed Reggie said this is a black eye for Atlanta and Charles said yes and I'd like to punch them in the other eye.  I sat there laughing for several minutes, hilarious.  Charles is too funny and I like that he can take a joke, because they make plenty at his expense, plenty.
BTW, I think he's hosting SNL soon.

Also NBA TV has a show called "Open Court" where Charles, Kenny, Shaq, Reggie, Chris, Kerr, Webber, Steve Smith and Ernie sit in round table style and talk about their NBA careers and thoughts and it is just fantastic and funny.  The type of stuff you wish you got to see more of across all sports.  TNT has done a bang up job with their on air hosts, hands down the best crew.  They may not always be professional or call the game like pro's but they are never boring and they are genuine and you get a sense at times you are watching the game with buddies with the good, the bad and the ugly.  A far cry from many half comatose NFL game commentators guys.

Æ

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jan 2012, 07:27 pm »
I may be wrong, but I doubt it. Turrible!

Mike B.

« Reply #4 on: 6 Jan 2012, 07:37 pm »
I wonder if Chuck made his plane to NY? I also wonder how much longer he will be a weight watchers spokesman?

Æ

« Reply #5 on: 6 Jan 2012, 08:02 pm »
I wonder if Chuck made his plane to NY? I also wonder how much longer he will be a weight watchers spokesman?

From Taco Bell to Weight Watchers? Maybe he is correct, it is the biggest scam ever. Get overweight eating fast food then pay even more to eat diet food.

Rclark

« Reply #6 on: 6 Jan 2012, 08:18 pm »
If that was a reality show, them talking during NBA games, I'd totally watch it. Like Mystery Science Theater for basketball.

roscoeiii

« Reply #7 on: 6 Jan 2012, 08:57 pm »
Loved the back and forth Barkley had with the Miami fans last year. TNT had to move Barkley and the gang inside because it was getting so heated.

Language used is NSFW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UTeRY7WN9U

roscoeiii

« Reply #8 on: 6 Jan 2012, 08:58 pm »
And if the Bulls don't kill Atlanta tomorrow, I will be crushed. Atlanta is starting a three games in a row stretch with a triple overtime. And the Bulls are that third team in a row...

jackman

« Reply #9 on: 6 Jan 2012, 09:17 pm »
Launche - I agree, that was an entertaining game. I only saw the third quarter through the first OT. Fell asleep because I was very tired.  Bosch played very well but Atlanta should have won that game.  They missed so many free throws and I'm still confused as to why they didn't foul someone at the close of regulation. I forgot how good Bosch can play.  His play is often overshadowed by the two stars.  That big guy with the beard on Atlanta played well also, can't recall his name.

Roscoe, I think the Bulls should beat Atlanta but Rose took a major fall during the Pistons game and his left elbow is hurting. Detroit was down big and taking some major cheap shots at the end of the game. Typical Detroit behavior.  I wish the NBA was more like hockey. If you hit a star like that you usually pay the price in the NHL.