SOLD: Benz Micro SL Wood cartridge, $599

Delacroix

SOLD: Benz Micro SL Wood cartridge, $599
« on: 3 Jan 2012, 05:44 am »
This has been my ref for last couple of years but upgrades happen. Bought new from authorized dealer as a step up from the Benz Glider and well looked after subsequently, used only by me. I understand reservations about buying a used cartridge so am over-estimating its use (certainly less than 500 hours on cleaned vinyl with the odd use of Last stylus cleaner and Zerodust) Plays excellently and has lots of life in it yet. You can read the specs and get a sense of the cartridge here:  http://www.musicalsurroundings.com/benz_woodSL.html

I just took it off my table to pack for selling. Easy to set up and very musical. Can be your last cartridge since Benz offers retip and rebuild options on its upper end models for significantly less than new so it's hard to lose money on these if you keep them. You could even trade this in for more than my asking price if you went up the Benz line later. The Wood SL lists for $1599. Yours on AC for $599+ shipping. I prefer PayPal (will split fee). Will be packed in original Benz wooden case, with paperwork and bubble level.  No photos but it looks just the one above. Ready to ship -- will put on A'gon as soon as it comes back online for a bit more than I'm asking here. PM me with questions etc. 

Peace

Patrick
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2012, 12:49 am by Delacroix »

Delacroix

Re: FS: Benz Micro SL Wood cartridge, $599
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2012, 08:50 pm »
I'll sweeten this deal by throwing in an old Linn K9 cartridge for free -- not used for years but still has some life in it and the stylus assembly is even replaceable on these by various off-the-shelf Audio Technica styli if you want to give it a fresh start (see e.g., http://electronics.audiopervert.com/linn_k9_stylus_replacement.htm).

Delacroix

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2012, 03:10 am »
Don't make me go to the new A'gon...please!  In case it was not clear, this cartridge is in very good condition, with straight cantilever, and the stylus has been looked after well. I'll entertain offers but only if they are entertaining.

Delacroix

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2012, 05:08 pm »
SALE PENDING