Re: Audio Karma Fest 2012
« Reply #20 on: 19 Apr 2012, 05:32 pm »
The legendary Don Keele from Audio Artistry will be in our room... :thumb:

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #21 on: 20 Apr 2012, 05:21 am »
The legendary Don Keele from Audio Artistry will be in our room... :thumb:

game changer?  don keele?  sounds like cbt to me.  are you coming to capitol audiofest?  please?   :green:

doug s.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #22 on: 21 Apr 2012, 03:57 pm »
game changer?  don keele?  sounds like cbt to me.  are you coming to capitol audiofest?  please?   :green:

doug s.

Wish I could make it but not this year.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #23 on: 21 Apr 2012, 04:09 pm »
Wish I could make it but not this year.

that's too bad; i am sure your cbt would be a big hit in dc.   :(  if for some reason, your mid-july plans change, i am sure there would be  lot of happy dc audiophiles!   :wink:

best,

doug s.

pslate

« Reply #24 on: 24 Apr 2012, 12:46 pm »
Have a great show Rick. I just wish that Darklord day, one of the best craft brew events ever, were on a different day. I'll pour some out to the audio gods for you  :thumb:

kip_

« Reply #25 on: 29 Apr 2012, 01:49 pm »
Some pictures of the Selah room are here in the AK Fest Thread:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=100013.msg1083705#msg1083705

DS-21

« Reply #26 on: 29 Apr 2012, 10:46 pm »
Rick, those mini-CBT's look very interesting.

How much does their pattern control suffer, compared to the taller ones?

And how tall are they, exactly?

Short enough that it would be feasible to, say, have three on/near the front wall and not crane one's neck up to see an LCD mounted on the wall?

Rob S.

« Reply #27 on: 29 Apr 2012, 11:32 pm »
Thirty some odd inches high, maybe 34".

Rob S

nicksgem10s

« Reply #28 on: 29 Apr 2012, 11:39 pm »

Short enough that it would be feasible to, say, have three on/near the front wall and not crane one's neck up to see an LCD mounted on the wall?

No worries about your LCD question.  I am sure Rick will answer your other questions.  These were really special. 

Sorry for the pic quality but I think it addresses your question.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #29 on: 30 Apr 2012, 03:57 pm »

About 42" high with the base attached. The arc angle is 45 degrees in order to extend the directivity down lower for an array this size. We have taken a series of measurements to show how well it behaves and will post those soon. These will perform well in your arrangement.

cstory

• Seaching for clues
« Reply #30 on: 30 Apr 2012, 04:36 pm »
My wife and I attended AKfest on Saturday. First of all I want to say it was good to see Rick, so I now have a face to go with the speakers.

We liked the GameChanger's and they compared well to most of the other systems we heard while we were there. The soundstage they project was closer to what we hear with our Martin Logans, than what we heard with other speakers there. The bass was surprising for such small woofers, but the articulation and definition was quite good. It was a balanced sounding system and seems relatively free from artifacts.

My only nit that I would pick would be that the treble wasn't quite as smooth as what I am used to with my Grandeur's. But then again not too many tweeters are as smooth as that anyway.

If you are looking for the presentation of an electrostatic speaker, without the positional restrictions that usually go along with them, you should check out these speakers.

Good job Rick.

Chuck

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #31 on: 30 Apr 2012, 05:38 pm »
No worries about your LCD question.  I am sure Rick will answer your other questions.  These were really special. 

Sorry for the pic quality but I think it addresses your question.

Thanks for bringing some good music as well... :thumb:

ricardojoa

« Reply #32 on: 6 Jun 2012, 05:06 pm »
Rick any more info on these... like price spec dimensions option and alternate drivers. Do these work in small room 20x12 with the short wall as the listen distance.
Thanks

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #33 on: 6 Jun 2012, 06:28 pm »
Rick any more info on these... like price spec dimensions option and alternate drivers. Do these work in small room 20x12 with the short wall as the listen distance.
Thanks

I'll be adding all of the information soon to the website. The price is $9,995/pr. (includes shipping to the mainland USA). The only option would be a RAAL ribbon tweeter (ten per side). A passive crossover is available for those that choose not to bi-amp and use a DSP crossover.

The CBT's design really makes it flexible for room size and placement and it doesn't need a large room and/or long listening distance. When I set up the DEQX at the Detroit show I used no room correction to show the superiority of the room interface. It can overcome room modes unlike conventional designs - including transmission lines, which have no control over this contrary to claims by others.

rawhit

« Reply #34 on: 11 Jun 2012, 03:57 pm »
Was Tempesta demoed at AKFest? Do not recall reading any impressions on these in AKFest thread.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #35 on: 11 Jun 2012, 08:10 pm »
Was Tempesta demoed at AKFest? Do not recall reading any impressions on these in AKFest thread.

No. I had sold out of drivers and was waiting on the next shipment. Two orders were received today with one pair for a California customer and another in Wisconsin.