How Freekin Cool Is This?

Scott F.

« on: 4 May 2004, 11:57 pm »
If you guys noticed, on my bi-weekly (sort of) concert updates I had listed the Eric Clapton Crossroads Guitar Festival as a road trip. Well, thinking all they could do was say no, I submitted my name (and my brothers) for press credentials to cover the event on TNT.

Well, last night guess what showed up ...... my press credentials. That means that with some luck I (we) can sit down one on one with guys like Eric Clapton, Carlos Santana, Pat Metheny, BB KIng, Eric Johnson, Billy Gibbons and the boys from ZZ Top and the list goes on and on.

Heres the link to the official press release for the event and concert so you can see what you are going to miss.
http://www.crossroadsguitarfestival.com

Needless to say I've got boat loads of research on the artists to do in the next month. Not knowing who or if we will get access to the artists, we'll be compiling a bunch of questions for everybody that is going to be there.

Have you guys got anything you want us to ask? Let me qualify that a little. I don't know how much time we might get with each performer so I may not be able to squeeze all of them in but I'll do what I can.

Here's some of the topics I plan on asking about; the state of the music industry, downloading (legal and 'illegal'), recording techniques (compression, loudness, etc), RIAA, DVDA/SACD that is being forced down our throats (there is more to this story than you realize) and some obligatory questions about their systems, what's spinning at their house and stuff like that.

If you want, just make a post with your questions. Be sure to include who they are directed to.

pjchappy

« Reply #1 on: 5 May 2004, 12:18 am »
That is GREAT!  I'll have to think up a question or 2.  I saw EC both of the last 2 times in STL. . .I'm a big fan.

p