SW 8-16 subwoofers

Danny Richie

Re: SW 8-16 subwoofers
« Reply #20 on: 3 Jan 2012, 08:01 pm »
Danny, I will see if I can get over there sometime next week :) I will take a few pic's.

As for the woofers, I like the sound, (pardon the pun!) of 3 woofers. Do you think there will be any bennefit in using the 3 x 16ohm woofers in a slightly larger box, compared to using 2 x 8 ohm in a smaller box. Do you think I would get decent bass output if i put all 3 units on an open baffle?

You will have more output potential using three of them, but if you use the SW-8-16FR's the box size will be fairly large.

You will also get pretty good bass response form three of them in an open baffle as well. 

jparkhur

« Reply #21 on: 3 Jan 2012, 08:09 pm »
Danny,

Do we have any comparisons between the 12 and the 8s as per how many equal a 12 to check what we can do with them.   I know you had not gotten there yet last time i checked.  All things equal...

Jon

PS did you take care of the Plano guy.....flat pack i cc'ed you on

Danny Richie

« Reply #22 on: 3 Jan 2012, 08:16 pm »
I have not had time to make those comparisons yet.

And if it is the guy (name is Guy) that I am thinking of, then I am still working with him.

Ryan45872

« Reply #23 on: 14 May 2012, 03:16 pm »
You will have more output potential using three of them, but if you use the SW-8-16FR's the box size will be fairly large.

Danny,
How large of a box are we talking about?
Ryan

Danny Richie

« Reply #24 on: 14 May 2012, 10:10 pm »
Danny,
How large of a box are we talking about?
Ryan

In a sealed box each woofer will need about .7 cubic feet of air space.