Live at Ellington's Jazz Club, Perth, Western Australia

Rocket

Hi Guys,

I had my first 'open to the public' gig at the Ellington's Jazz Club here in Perth and it is based on a typical New York Jazz venue.  I've been playing trumpet with the Metro Big Band, which primarily plays swing, soul and rock (although most band members prefer to play swing jazz).

I needed a hobby that provided me with an outlet and stopped me thinking about work all the time (I've only been playing 3.5 years).  I have to say it was one of the best experiences that I've had in my life.  I had a lot of friends and work colleagues came to the gig and I think I impressed them with my musicianship.

Regards

Rod

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: Live at Ellington's Jazz Club, Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2011, 06:03 am »
Lookin' good Rod. Sounds like a nice venue, and you can't beat jazz for taking your mind away. Keep on blowin' those sweet notes.   :thumb:
         JD

jimdgoulding

« Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2011, 11:51 am »
Good for you!  Why didn't I think fhat? 

Rocket

« Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2011, 12:28 pm »
Hi,

The first photo is me playing the trumpet and the other one is my music teacher who has inspired me to practice hard and I have greatly improved my playing as a result.

I no longer obsess about buying hifi equipment, although I will say I've bought a few trumpets in the 3.5 years I've been playing.  I was classically trained trumpet player as a teenager and jazz articulation has been a challenge to me.

I'm currently playing a Bach Stradivarius 43 bell anniversary model and it suits me well.

Thanks for looking.

Regards

Rod

ps I thought I'd post on this circle because it has been a bit quiet lately.